Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wrathoxic

I am worried about me and Doom 2016

I love this game, the gameplay, the visuals, everything is really good about it. I play it a lot, but as a mentally hurt (is hurt the word? disabled? idk) person, I am worried this game is making me have violent thoughts. I am worried this might make me hurt someone in real life, because of my mental state, could anyone help me find proof/disproof of my belief? I just want to take precaution before I play a game like this with the way my brain functions.

Definitely don't play any Doom games if you're having thoughts that involve hurting other people.

Movies and computer & video games have been proven to corrupt minds and there have even been cases where subliminal messages have been found within the games, messages that encourage people to hurt and kill other people. The Grand Theft Auto series is responsible for a lot of murders in America and Doom has been linked countless times to shootings in the US too.

wtf, it's mean to poke fun at someone with mental health issues.

There's no correlation between violent video games and actual violence. However, if you're worried, perhaps you should just stop playing that game for a while. Try a different genre, without combat, like city building or something, I don't know what else you like. Then see how you feel after that pause.

5 hours ago, Gez said:

wtf, it's mean to poke fun at someone with mental health issues.

There's no correlation between violent video games and actual violence. However, if you're worried, perhaps you should just stop playing that game for a while. Try a different genre, without combat, like city building or something, I don't know what else you like. Then see how you feel after that pause.

I think it's pretty obvious that the OP is trolling here.

play it on easy mode, the only time I've seen people get aggressive while playing games is due to frustration. This threadd is a piss poor effort by the way.

If you are taking the piss and I assume you are as you're the same guy who called out all the people on here for having anime avatars............ its not funny or clever. knock it on the head or fuck off elsewhere.

Thread content like this is why i check out previous content to see if there is a consistent pattern regarding this issue.

In this case however, there is none. You made a thread wondering why Doomers frequently have anime avatars, and decided not to participate in that thread any further. Which is kind of strange, because you make threads for discussional purposes.

Now you come with this thread. So lets give it a proper response:

On 1/25/2020 at 5:47 AM, Wrathoxic said:

I love this game, the gameplay, the visuals, everything is really good about it. I play it a lot, but as a mentally hurt (is hurt the word? disabled? idk) person, I am worried this game is making me have violent thoughts. I am worried this might make me hurt someone in real life, because of my mental state, could anyone help me find proof/disproof of my belief? I just want to take precaution before I play a game like this with the way my brain functions.

• If this is geniune (Which personally i do not think it is): Have you played other games where violent exists? If so, did that affect you yes/no? There is your answer.
  • If this is mockery: Taking a pun towards mental illness and correlated health issues is no joke. You aren't clever, and if the only ''haha'' is that people attract to your topic to tell you: You ain't slick.

A couple of thoughts -

- @Wrathoxic, If you recognise that playing the game might be disturbing, then that as a very good sign that you are able to control it anyway.

- I find that playing this (or doom or doom2 or even - eek!!- half life 2) is actually very cathartic.

Reaction against video games, or metal music, or horror films, or whatever, seems to always miss the point that playing, listening, watching etc. is a release of pent up feelings. That is usually a good thing. I know that for me, if  I am pissed off for some reason, blasting Megadeth, Priest or RATM etc. will help me relax. The same goes for playing Doom in it's various incarnations.

I think it's also important to note that most everyone has sudden, impulsive thoughts of a violent or sexual nature; it's just that few people bring this up because it's a reminder that we're not so removed from our primate cousins. Ever heard the phrase, "You are not responsible for your thoughts"? I think of that when I worry about how I respond to certain types of imagery/stimuli, because my actions are not reflective of these impulses.

On 1/25/2020 at 2:19 PM, Boaby Kenobi said:

Definitely don't play any Doom games if you're having thoughts that involve hurting other people.

Movies and computer & video games have been proven to corrupt minds and there have even been cases where subliminal messages have been found within the games, messages that encourage people to hurt and kill other people. The Grand Theft Auto series is responsible for a lot of murders in America and Doom has been linked countless times to shootings in the US too.

thats boomer as fuck

There's no actual correlation between simulated and actual violence, any studies that have demonstrated so have been debunked and were usually funded by parties with an agenda such a narrative would lend support to. Play away!

(Whether OP is trolling or not, that's my answer)