Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
netnomad312

The first level from my first megawad...

Finally I can make megawads! I've already made one level. The story is pretty sketchy, but it involves the UAC changing their name to WAR (World Aeronautics Research) corp. WAR had been rumored to give their employees special medicines which backfired (resulting in zombiemen... yeah, every megawad's gotta have an explanation for the zombiement). So your job is to storm the "Tower of WAR."

Click here to see a print preview of the level.
(Sorry, couldn't use IMG code; wouldn't do any good because Tripod prevents remote linking.)

It's simple, but first levels of megawads have to be. The exit is the square in the middle of the big octagon, but you need to hit a switch to lower it. You go north and into the crate room and hit the switch in the northwest corner to open the other door in the octagon room. You head east through there and turn right into the dead-end room. The switch there makes the stairs rise nearby. You can jump from the window at the top onto the crates, and eventually reach the switch in the back of the crate room (the sector is 32 units off the ground). There's an odd crate formation in the room with one square singled out; the switch lowers that suqare, and you have to rush to it and ride it up to the green key (I'm using my green key sprites with this wad). Finally you use the key on the northeast door, hit the switch in there and lower the exit platform.

Oh... and I should not that it's not quite finished yet. There's no healing or armor in there. I always put them in at the end; that's a stupid little habit of mine. :-P

Tripod is more evil than geocities. At least with geoshitties, you can copy and paste the url to bypass. Tripod doesn't.

ravage said:

Tripod is more evil than geocities. At least with geoshitties, you can copy and paste the url to bypass. Tripod doesn't.

Hey!! That's my word for Geocities! Don't steal it. :-D

Geocities wasn't very user-friendly to me. And it kept deleting all my images. Tripod's never given me a usage problem.

ravage said:

Oh? Then how come I right-clicked, chose "copy short cut", opened another broser window, pasted on the address bar, and it showed me the pic?

ravage said:

Uhhhh that's exactly how I viewed the picture...copying and pasting seems to work fine for me.

Scuba Steve said:

drag the link into the nav bar

I seriously did know about that.

Nice map. I hope it's just as good in play. :)