Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Doomworld feature idea

I have been tossing around the idea of a weekly "Ask Doomworld" or something where we answer any and all Doom-related questions people ask.

My thought is that once a week, we answer a question (or possibly more depending on how many there are but I can't imagine there would be that many) that has anything to do with anything Doom related. People who were curious about the origin of something, or why something is the way it is, etc etc, would email in questions and we would do our best to answer them.

Only problem is that I doubt that it would get many submitted questions.

What do you think?

Actually Ling, if it included everyone here on the forums, I think you would get LOTS of submitions! Maybe even to many.. Go ahead, try it out, it would be interesting.

That would actually be a fine idea where abrasive forum newbies can ask their questions like "What is that goat saying in Map30?!?" or "How many shots does it take to kill a Cybie???" get it all out of their systems, and then come to these forums to participate in our perverted forum of self-entertainment.

Ehh, well, they SHOULD be able to ask those questions here, but it'll just end up in some sort of Ralphis orgy fest or something.

Give it a trial run.

How many hits to kill a cyberdemon? Ha I can list all the weapons except the chainsaw.
Punch=700-1000
Pistol/chaingun=400-500
Shotgun=75
Super Shotgun=50-60
Rocket Launcher=20-30
Plasma Gun=250-500
BFG 900=2-6

As long as it doesn't turn into an elitist thing, where people, knowing the answer already, ask obscure questions to show off their "leet knowledge"

That reminds me of "Texaco´s Opera Quiz" in the radio, where musique lovers have to ask questions about opera to experts. Nice idea!

Reminds me more of slashdots "ask slashdot"

I have been tossing around the idea of a weekly "Ask Doomworld" or something where we answer any and all Doom-related questions people ask.

My thought is that once a week, we answer a question (or possibly more depending on how many there are but I can't imagine there would be that many) that has anything to do with anything Doom related. People who were curious about the origin of something, or why something is the way it is, etc etc, would email in questions and we would do our best to answer them.

Only problem is that I doubt that it would get many submitted questions.

What do you think?

Why email? Why not just say in a post "Ok. Someone ask a question" and there we go. But hey its your site. Heh.

That reminds me of "Texaco´s Opera Quiz" in the radio, where musique lovers have to ask questions about opera to experts. Nice idea!

Reminds me more of slashdots "ask slashdot"

Yes, I did not get lings plans right, but would it not be more interesting if Doomworld members would ask questions to the moderators just to look if they are able to answer correctly (the member of course should know the answer). That would be challenging for both: The member would have to think about a hard question and the moderator would have to solve. Plus a price could be given to the member who could provide an "expert" proofed question :)

That reminds me of "Texaco´s Opera Quiz" in the radio, where musique lovers have to ask questions about opera to experts.

WTF? I pity you.

No, the point would be that people ask questions that they honestly are curious about and I/we try to answer them.

Yo, on da real Ling, it sounds like a good idea.

BUT.......

you is askin' for a whole world of hurt by doin' somethin' like dat. Why? It's simple.....

Cuz you know mad peeps in dis forum is gonna act dumb as fuck, and do all kinds of stupid shit ta bug da shit out of ya. Plus, since it is just an email address day you is gonna be using, you can be certain dat some dumb fuck is gonna mail bomb ya EVENTUALLY!

Don't get me wrong, I ain't tryin' ta hate on nobody, but ya'll peeps know dat dis is true. If you is gonna do somethin' like dat, why not just post a thread where it says "Ask yo questions here," and then make a seperate thread answering da question of yo choice. It should make yo life much less PAINFUL, dawg!

Anyways, dat's mah word, and I'm out.

would it be daily or weekly?

well excuse me if i never read what the post is about in the first place. Does that make you better than me mr lüt?

well excuse me if i never read what the post is about in the first place. Does that make you better than me mr lüt?

Yep yep.