Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Theshyguy489

What should be DOOMified next?

I want to see a moba style game mod, like league of legends, but in a first person doom perspective, you could have classes instead of "champions".  Same concept of lanes and towers but with a variety of doom monsters instead of minions. Players could "level" up stats, "buy" better weapons, etc. I think it could be done in some way and be a lot of fun.

Team fortress 2, (yes i know one already exists but that one is kinda bad)

One with the actual TF2 mercs and all of them being unique, hell imagine 9 players playing as their individual class finishing maps together, hell add CTF, Payload and more

Changing your weapons and maybe even doing taunts.

4 hours ago, printz said:

I'd say that fits much better with Heretic. Much of the high-fantasy setting is already done. Also why just Warcraft II? In any case you'd have to avoid infringing on Blizzard's IP, so that it becomes a more generic humans-vs-monsters fantasy war setting (not that the world of Warcraft isn't pretty generic by now already).

Similarly with Diablo. You can just have Hexen with a touch of DOOM and call it like Diablo.

True, but i had HeXen in mind, not quite doomified but it uses the same engine so it's doomified from that point of view. I wouldn't worry about copyright infringement, Hexen is even more niche than Heretic in the entire Doom community, Blizzard wouldn't care, they wouldn't notice (i hope), besides they didn't care much about it back in the day, with some subtle nudges to Warhammer 40k like the star of chaos tattoos on some orc grunts in the manual's artwork or how the orcs buildings look like, resembling the orks ability build anything they want from random crap lying around. After Wrath of The Lich King, most folks ignore the previous games of the franchise, specially the first two.

Why Warcraft II? Well the first game is even more generic humans vs monsters war, Warcraft III could work out, but didn't think about it, and WoW is a huge mess. Another reason is the anatomy, most human and orc units wouldn't look out of place in HeXen because they don't have that disproportionate warhammer space marine physique and also are not overly designed like in later games. 

Turrican, replete with Chris Huelsbeck soundtrack and crazy bosses. Somebody please make this.

War Gods and Bio F.R.E.A.K.S maybe? Y'know, since there's an actual Mortal Kombat mod.

10 hours ago, Tartlman said:

Overcooked! doom. You have to cook. While being attacked by demons. Have fun.

I can just imagine having the player character spewing Gordon Ramsay quotes while blasting away at the demons.

About some cool mentions:

Spawn: In Demon's Hand for Dreamcast is a great four player splitscreen riot.   There was an arcade version but I never saw it and there had to be a machine for each player connected together.   Regular Spawn himself and his chain attack were very underwelming though, but Dark Ages Spawn is way overpowered.

The 8-bit NES version of Smash TV actually makes uses of a four player adapter so 2 players can both play with dual joysticks (one for movement, one for directional shooting).

Now some suggestions of mine...

Earthworm Jim with some of its more oddball stage types (wouldn't be surprised if someone already did this),

Missile Command (the whole making projectiles shootable not working right is a problem though there's gotta be an advanced work around),

Burger Time

Here's an awesome 8-bit NES adaption of MC though: http://www.romhacking.net/homebrew/10/

I can play it on my actual NES using a SNES mouse using left click for left missiles and right click for right missiles (basically two player mode by yourself).

On 1/29/2020 at 3:31 PM, Theshyguy489 said:

Over the years of DOOM modding people have been DOOMifying many games. (Adding elements and or weapons from other games into Doom). We already have Metroid, Sonic, Fallout, Star Wars, Quake, and many more. Recently I DOOMified an obscure game called Bionicle Heroes. ( https://www.moddb.com/mods/bionicle-doom-weapon-mod )

So let's discuss some ideas for other games that should be DOOMified and how to do it.

Capcom's "Darkstalkers" fighting games.

41 minutes ago, Gokuma said:

About some cool mentions:

Spawn: In Demon's Hand for Dreamcast is a great four player splitscreen riot.   There was an arcade version but I never saw it and there had to be a machine for each player connected together.   Regular Spawn himself and his chain attack were very underwelming though, but Dark Ages Spawn is way overpowered.

The arcade game is more or less the same, but without any FMV's.

10 minutes ago, Master O said:

To whoever has made that mod, you run the risk of getting shut down.

Like I said, @termrork made this mod. (AFAIK)
And it has been in-dev for like 10 years now - it is - obscure too, so it will take ZeniMax a while to spot it.

7 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

And it has been in-dev for like 10 years now - it is - obscure too, so it will take ZeniMax a while to spot it.

Not really, remember that "Doom Remake" mod?

It got stepped on very soon.

Medal of Honor, Saving Private Ryan, Hacksaw Ridge, 1917.

Basically any war game / film.

10 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Like I said, @termrork made this mod. (AFAIK)

Not just ZeniMax, but also Blizzard could C&D this mod, too.

I dream of a world where there was an Action Doom 3, and it was a spaceship shooter inspired by Gradius and R-Type (just as AD1 was inspired by 2D shooters like Metal Slug and Contra, and AD2 by beat 'em ups such as Final Fight and Streets of Rage).