Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Good Gravy

Joel Murdoch has updated GG Incorporated with a review of the Chaos Crew's Phobos: Anomaly Reborn, the latest big project release and one you shouldn't miss. He also comments on Mordeth's recent burglary, and talks about Doom Millennium as well:

I've declared the project dead until further notice and I won't be doing any more coding for it till this changes. If history's anything to go by, it'll probably rise again. Heh, it'll probably be the first Doom mod with a development time in double digits.

Bloodshedder said:

Hmm...when updating, I didn't think of formatting the code so it'd look good in the news forum. Now fixed.

I gotta look into Ling's html to vb thingy.

I'm tellin ya Lut 'n' crew, forget about the big crazy end uber boss and just whip up an easy new baddy so you can release the project already. :p

I suggest some kind of super Imp made with a retarded dehacked patch. ;)

Heh, I guess I'll just finish Zaldron's sprites myself and forget about the multiple-stages boss format.

Webmasters and page authors *PLEASE* limit the
with of your text to 80 columns or less. It's
very hard to read on smaller browser windows,
or monitors set to 640x480. Nobody likes to have
to sideways scroll.

balanco01 said:

to sideways scroll.

Shut the fuck up.

balanco01 said:

to sideways scroll.

Haha. Time to upgrade my friend. Most people run in 1024 or higher now a days.

WTF. 640x480? Wait... this is a VGA monitor I'm using now. It's stuck on that resolution, well... it's also monochromatic. Don't tell the sodden kid to upgrade though, no point wasting money (if it ain't broken, it's fine.)

So, balanco01, bitch on. You ain't getting more than bitch-slapping for it, anyway.

balanco01 said:

to sideways scroll.

HTML has no concept of columns unless you're using a monospaced font and even that too varies, depending on the point size you set it to. Then your throw in other variables like text zoom, different browser windows sizes, browser and operating system rendering differences and more.

I try and make all my sites as flexible as possible, with 800x600 maximised being the minimum usable res. Trying to make a site that is usable at 640x480 and doesn't look like ass at 1024x768 or higher is impractical to say the least. I use a combination of percentages and fixed pixel sizes in the layout, so key navigation remains at a fixed and visible and the content area grows to fill the available screen area.

Seriously blanco, you should upgrade. Why should the majority of users at 800x600 or higher be deprived of making use of their superior systems for the benefit of a handful of users still running 640x480? It's the same reason why people with Pentium 90's can't run Quake III. You gotta upgrade if you want to keep up with the play. It's the way the whole computer industry's always been.