Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrbnBased

Delta Touch on Android

5 hours ago, CPTanonymou5 said:

I like you did this my controller clip came in today =) Only thing I'm trying to figure out now is mapping of modded games with controller buttons like Melee & Flashlight. 

when I choose one it doesn't seem to have any option for me to bind to controller but I'm new to this amazing app.

This is a little tricky with custom keys, but it'll help you configure touch settings as well.

To do it you need to bind them to the buttons in the second pic.  Then in controller settings (on the main Doom menu there's a pic of a gamepad) bind the controller button to the custom button.  You'll need to do this for all the buttons you would need.

56 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

I'm trying use Delta Touch without any visible touchscreen UI ingame while still able to move and shoot.

How do I achieve this without using a OTG cable / Bluetooth Keyboard/Mouse/ Gamepad?

Invisible mode doesn't work for me.

For your issue you need to go to control transparency settings, the little gear opens it up while in game.  Just slide transparency to the lowest setting and the controls will disappear.

@beloko I did find a new bug, the transparency of any custom buttons does not save like the standard ones.  They always default to normal transparency.  And I have had some phone issues recently, is there a way to save Delta and Quads control scheme?  I know the .ini has the doom stuff, but what file contains the app control mappings so I don't have to reconfigure every time?

I've put relevant screenshots below, sorry I don't have them next to the subject of the photo, but I'm on the can on a phone, sooo...

Screenshot_20200130-075227.jpg

Screenshot_20200130-080130.jpg

Screenshot_20200130-080936.jpg

2 hours ago, CrbnBased said:

@beloko I did find a new bug, the transparency of any custom buttons does not save like the standard ones.  They always default to normal transparency.  And I have had some phone issues recently, is there a way to save Delta and Quads control scheme?  I know the .ini has the doom stuff, but what file contains the app control mappings so I don't have to reconfigure every time?

Thanks for helping out again! 

Yes there is a new bug for custom buttons alpha, will try to do a release tonight. 

The control config is in the private data area at the moment. Unfortunately there is no easy way to save it, but I will adding this option soon. 

Hi!

Is there any specific way to set britghtness, gamma, etc? Cause when I rise or low them in gzdoom menu, it doesn't change anything.

Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, Aidor said:

Hi!

Is there any specific way to set britghtness, gamma, etc? Cause when I rise or low them in gzdoom menu, it doesn't change anything.

Thanks in advance.

Which gzdoom version? Try changing 'Ambiant light level' if one of the older versions 

2 hours ago, beloko said:

Which gzdoom version? Try changing 'Ambiant light level' if one of the older versions 

It happens in the three versions (didn't test the dev one). In gzdoom, in my PC, those settings work well. Other than that, an amazing app with a very good touch control!

EDIT: My fault. I didn't test It deep. It seems that brightnees setting works well in 1.9.1, but it's very subtle and you have to change a lot (from max to min) the setting to see the difference. Even minimum is still too bright for my taste, but that's another question which doesn't matter now. Gamma correction and contrast still doesn't seem to change nothing, but I don't remember how those two settings works in PC gzdoom. Tested with gzdoom 1.9.1 version.

EDIT 2: OK, with 3.8.2 version brightness setting doesn't work and there is no difference between max and min. The same happens with contrast and gamma correction.

EDIT 3: 3.2.5 works as 1.9.1: only brigtness works. But both 1.9.1 and 3.2.5 work in a strange way: the setting only works from 0.3 to 0.8 (max). From -0.8 (min) to 0.3 the brightness doesn't change. Maybe because of that the minimum that we can reach (0.3) is still too bright.

I don't know if this is something related to gzdoom or is something related to Delta Touch. When I get home I will test gzdoom in my PC.

Edited by Aidor

4 hours ago, Aidor said:

It happens in the three versions (didn't test the dev one). In gzdoom, in my PC, those settings work well. Other than that, an amazing app with a very good touch control!

EDIT: My fault. I didn't test It deep. It seems that brightnees setting works well in 1.9.1, but it's very subtle and you have to change a lot (from max to min) the setting to see the difference. Even minimum is still too bright for my taste, but that's another question which doesn't matter now. Gamma correction and contrast still doesn't seem to change nothing, but I don't remember how those two settings works in PC gzdoom. Tested with gzdoom 1.9.1 version.

EDIT 2: OK, with 3.8.2 version brightness setting doesn't work and there is no difference between max and min. The same happens with contrast and gamma correction.

EDIT 3: 3.2.5 works as 1.9.1: only brigtness works. But both 1.9.1 and 3.2.5 work in a strange way: the setting only works from 0.3 to 0.8 (max). From -0.8 (min) to 0.3 the brightness doesn't change. Maybe because of that the minimum that we can reach (0.3) is still too bright.

I don't know if this is something related to gzdoom or is something related to Delta Touch. When I get home I will test gzdoom in my PC.

@beloko The brightness and gamma selections have only worked in the dev version, and only after the update to GZDoom 4, before that they never worked for me. @Aidor in the app layer there is a brightness slider that will increase your screens brightness (Pic Below on right side).

Screenshot_20200131-163920.jpg

12 hours ago, CrbnBased said:

@beloko The brightness and gamma selections have only worked in the dev version, and only after the update to GZDoom 4, before that they never worked for me. @Aidor in the app layer there is a brightness slider that will increase your screens brightness (Pic Below on right side).

Screenshot_20200131-163920.jpg

Mmm, I guess you mean Delta Touch gzdoom 4, because yesterday I tested an old PC gzdoom 1.x.x and brightness and gamma work fine.

About D-Touch gzdoom 4.3.3, I can't test it because (even my phone have GLES 3.2, that says CPU-Z), when I start D-Touch 4.3.3 I hear audio for a few seconds with a black screen. 4.3.3 only works for me in software mode.

About the app brightness slider, yeah, I have seen It. It's useful, but more than a brightness setting, it's and 'intensity' setting, and It has not the 'darkness effect' that I'm looking for. Well, this brightness thing it's not at all a major issue, but if I can make It work It would be nice.

Edited by Aidor

@Aidor if you go to opengl options and set "Sector Light Mode" to Dark, the brightness slider will work a bit better.

Spoiler

Sector light mode to dark

SectorLight.jpg.c4611d7363a5eea56c13a64b9845e373.jpg

Full BrightnessBrightnessFull.jpg.cd09072316914b07aef6886f275cb496.jpg

Low Brightness

BrightnessLow.jpg.2bb6eb2b8367c472bf32da310cbd9828.jpg

Tested on GZDooM 1.9.1 and 3.25, brightness don't work on 3.8.2 for some reason, the only way to change brightness is changing the sector light mode.

Also, it seems gamma correction just works on software mode.

2 hours ago, Aidor said:

Mmm, I guess you mean Delta Touch gzdoom 4, because yesterday I tested an old PC gzdoom 1.x.x and brightness and gamma work fine.

About D-Touch gzdoom 4.3.3, I can't test it because (even my phone have GLES 3.2, that says CPU-Z), when I start D-Touch 4.3.3 I hear audio for a few seconds with a black screen. 4.3.3 only works for me in software mode.

About the app brightness slider, yeah, I have seen It. It's useful, but more than a brightness setting, it's and 'intensity' setting, and It has not the 'darkness effect' that I'm looking for. Well, this brightness thing it's not at all a major issue, but if I can make It work It would be nice.

Hehe, if it's something I've posted it's always through Delta Touch!  :)

I only own 1 ancient windows computer, and it's tucked away.

I understand the intensity slider is just for literal screen brightness.  If your phone's screen is OLED, brightness will be an even bigger issue due to black crush.  All of these boxes are supposed to be visible, but most OLED won't show past 11,  they appear as true black.  This makes just shadowy areas too dark on mobile.  There's an app that'll attempt to fix it called Screen Balance, with it I can see to box 3.  I haven't used it since the last 2 updates allow the dev version to change gamma and brightness through the game.

u3Lijjq.png

8 hours ago, LUISDooM said:

@Aidor if you go to opengl options and set "Sector Light Mode" to Dark, the brightness slider will work a bit better.

Reveal hidden contents

Sector light mode to dark

SectorLight.jpg.c4611d7363a5eea56c13a64b9845e373.jpg

Full BrightnessBrightnessFull.jpg.cd09072316914b07aef6886f275cb496.jpg

Low Brightness

BrightnessLow.jpg.2bb6eb2b8367c472bf32da310cbd9828.jpg

Tested on GZDooM 1.9.1 and 3.25, brightness don't work on 3.8.2 for some reason, the only way to change brightness is changing the sector light mode.

Also, it seems gamma correction just works on software mode.

Yeah, I already use that Dark setting, and helps a little. Thanks anyway!

@CrbnBased ok, I see. Thanks. Well, as I said, It is not a major issue, so I will play Doom in this sunny and shinny planets, and that's all.

I don't know why but 4.3.3 Dev doesn't work for me, so I can't use It.

Edited by Aidor

I use DarkDoom, works pretty well for me on 3.8.2

The main thing I am wondering is, are brightmaps supposed to work on GZDoom 3.8.2?  I can't seem to get them to work.  Brightmaps actually do show up on Zan 3.0 though. 

Other than that problem DT works really well for me.  Really incredible to be able to play almost any mod on my phone on the go. 

https://github.com/caligari87/darkdoomz

Edited by Kainan Nishon

56 minutes ago, Kainan Nishon said:

I use DarkDoom, works pretty well for me on 3.8.2

The main thing I am wondering is, are brightmaps supposed to work on GZDoom 3.8.2?  I can't seem to get them to work.  Brightmaps actually do show up on Zan 3.0 though.

GZDoom 3.8.2 (The Vintage version) should have working brightmaps. What is your actual configuration?

Zandronum 3.0 is based on a far older GZDoom build, so i am curious as to how both are configured.

Your very welcome Aidor!

@Redneckerz I have tried just about everything I could think of to try to get any kind of brightmaps to work on GZDoom 3.8.2 on delta touch. I have tried almost every option, I tried deleting my cfg file and starting from scratch, I even tried adding the brightmaps file for GZDoom 3.8.2 and autoloading them in the cfg file.  I know they should work because they work with Zan 3.0 with just the default options.  The phone I am trying to use is a Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna pro, unfortunately it only has GLES 3.1.  Also Brightmaps don't seem to work for me in LZDoom either.

Picked up Quad Touch today.  That one works perfect with my phone since I can use opengl 3.2. No problems so far.  Also, I am really liking the touch controls with the gyro aiming.  I actually feel like I am just as good with that as a mouse and keyboard.

Rather than double post, I'd thought I'd just update. So I'm loving Delta Touch, I was worried I'd struggle with it after being so out of touch with Doom wads, but it's really easy to use and there's so many options on there it's great. Really really pleased with the purchase and so much better than the official android ports which I stayed away from. 

I picked up a load of wads (recommended by the this site) which are:

Alien Vendetta 

Sunlust

Sunder 

Scythe 2

Valiant

Whispers of Satan

Miasma 

Hellbound

Requiem 

Strain

Nuts

And of course Brutal and 64.

Should keep me going a while😅

Edited by Swordofdanu : \[T]/

Just picked up Delta-Touch last night, and I gotta say, I'm not a big fan of the default two-analog sticks mode. I prefer the original one stick mode where the left one allows you to look left and right instead of only strafing. I would like to change it but still have no idea how.

22 hours ago, taufan99 said:

Just picked up Delta-Touch last night, and I gotta say, I'm not a big fan of the default two-analog sticks mode. I prefer the original one stick mode where the left one allows you to look left and right instead of only strafing. I would like to change it but still have no idea how.

I never even thought of this option, I remember playing the original Doom on keyboard with that setup, WASD strafing really only became a thing for me after Quake came out, and pretty much became standard for the FPS genre.  It inspired all the dual stick FPS's, and now that's the default.

I can't seem to find anything in the touch settings for this control scheme but you can make a gamepad or keyboard work with it though.

I'd suggest getting used to the dual analogs, on touch it'll be hard to hold the strafe button while shooting and moving the stick.  It takes some practice, but the payoff is playing harder maps at more satisfying difficulties.  Also I'm a broken record about turning on gyroscope controls, makes those little corrections so much faster, even with mouselook off.

Hope you find a control scheme you're comfortable with, good luck!

While not a huge issue I was just wondering why my doom 2 doesn't show a picture? I bought it from steam so it's all legit

Screenshot_20200216-152320.png

4 hours ago, HTiD said:

While not a huge issue I was just wondering why my doom 2 doesn't show a picture? I bought it from steam so it's all legit

Screenshot_20200216-152320.png

There was a bug a couple of days ago, make sure you have the latest versions, then long press on the wad and select Reset Image 

1 hour ago, Diabolución said:

The BFG IWAD lacks a TITLEPIC.

Did you try to reset the image as above? doom2bfg.wad works for me

Sorry for the noob question but whats the best emulator to use Delta Touch on PC?  I've got an old laptop I want to dust off for this. 

Just now, Swordofdanu said:

Sorry for the noob question but whats the best emulator to use Delta Touch on PC?  I've got an old laptop I want to dust off for this. 

Instead of using Android emulators on PC, why not use the source ports directly?

8 minutes ago, taufan99 said:

Instead of using Android emulators on PC, why not use the source ports directly?

True, but I'm so out of touch this would of been easier. I used to use a launcher that was build around multiplayer but I can't remember for the life of me what that was called or if its still popular. 

Is there anything like Delta for Doom? 

9 minutes ago, taufan99 said:

That would require installing 4 seperate ports. You can unify those with a launcher obviously, but part of Delta Touch's positive reception is how it adds all of these renderers in one UI. EDIT: And that seems to be the case here.

2 minutes ago, Swordofdanu said:

True, but I'm so out of touch this would of been easier. I used to to use a launcher that was build around multiplayer but I can't remember for the life of me what that was called or if its still popular. 

ZDL?

Is there anything like Delta for Doom? 

As in an all in one UI that contains all the seperate renderers/ports? I am afraid not.  You would have to install them seperately and then add them to a launcher program of your choice.

2 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:

That would require installing 4 seperate ports. You can unify those with a launcher obviously, but part of Delta Touch's positive reception is how it adds all of these renderers in one UI. EDIT: And that seems to be the case here.

My bad. I sorta get it now.

Bluestacks and Nox may work just fine on @Swordofdanu's old laptop. Haven't tried many others though.

3 hours ago, Diabolución said:

I do remember you added a workaround to show DMENUPIC instead of TITLEPIC, but it has to be renamed as bfgdoom2.wad or doom2bfg.wad.

Oh yes your are right I forgot it was a special case, yes needs to be named doom2bfg.wad. 

19 minutes ago, Swordofdanu said:

Thanks for the reply both, I don't think it was ZDL as it was around 2001'ish I used it. 

Yes honestly I think trying to run delta touch on a laptop will cause more issues than its worth. Also could be pretty slow as would be interpreting ARM code on your PC.