Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom Pictures Thread 2020

3 hours ago, guitardz said:

The mugshot is from @nxGangrel, and I believe it is a edit of @Xaser's Psygirl sprite but I'm not positive.  nx has as yet not responded to questions on whether it is free to use or not, lol.  So we wait for now on that.

Personally speaking, I am not a fan of the doomgirl in the mugshot (just look at her lips for example). I actually liked this doomgirl more (and it is available for use). But ultimately, its your call.

24 minutes ago, ReaperAA said:

Personally speaking, I am not a fan of the doomgirl in the mugshot (just look at her lips for example). I actually liked this doomgirl more (and it is available for use). But ultimately, its your call.

Yea, I've seen that one, I just like this one more.  I'll be making multiple maps for this over a long period of time, so it's plenty of time for nx to come back to DW and see how many times I've tagged or messaged her about it, lol.

The black lipstick doesn't work IMO. With the pixel budget and color palette available, it just looks odd, less like a character design issue and more like a graphic conversion issue.

I like the face in these shots better than the linked one. Looks more tough/badass and her nose isn't pushed down to her jawline.

If it is supposed to be black lipstick, then it's fine: that's what everyone has taken it to be, so it has successfully gotten that design point across. If it's not supposed to be black lipstick, then, yeah, it needs work.

18 hours ago, guitardz said:

The mugshot is from @nxGangrel, and I believe it is a edit of @Xaser's Psygirl sprite but I'm not positive.

It looks more like an edit of the original Doomguy mugshot rather than the Psygirl to me but I could definitely be wrong. 

@Gez @Rainne The black lipstick does stand out, and it is something I could easily fix, but I'm still not certain if I'm allowed to even use it let alone edit it.  

@Uni you could be right, when looking at this one and Psygirl side-by-side I noticed many frames with almost identical facial features, but that could be because both are taken from the original male mugshot, which o haven't done a down to the pixel comparison of yet.

I'm honestly still waiting to hear back from nx, which is a tall order since they haven't been around here in a while.

Funnily enough that mugshot features complete heterochromia, cool detail. By the way, I think she (nxGangrel) frequents Doomer Boards.

5 hours ago, Diabolución said:

Funnily enough that mugshot features complete heterochromia, cool detail. By the way, I think she (nxGangrel) frequents Doomer Boards.

Wow, I hadn't even noticed the 2 different colored eyes!  I will check out Doomer Boards and see if I can find her there.  I have an account there, but I rarely visit.

EDIT: I got ahold of nx and she agreed to let us use the female mugshot, and also offered to improve it for us.  I'm very grateful for that.  Thanks again @Diabolución for letting me know how to contact here :)

Edited by guitardz

A lot of very impressive screenshots in this thread. I have a hard time matching the scale of some of the areas I see in this thread.

Here's another screenshot from my Heretic project. I told myself I would avoid stealing textures wholesale from Hexen, but I crumbled because I was getting bored of the garish docks, town and castle themes.

Underworld.png

@Danlex what a wonderful temple building!

Something for mapwich map i'm working, here a room that i pretty like:

Screenshot_Doom_20200201_232149.png

Edited by Walter confetti

More menu gfx!  Now using Solid Snake font from @Jimmy I found on R667!

doom00.pngdoom01.png

BONUS: Starting room of a new map in the project!  This one is called Chaos Circuit, and will be a remake of an old map I started a couple of years ago that was lost in a HDD wipe.  (I'll be keeping online backups this time ;p)

doom01.png

doom00.png

Edited by guitardz

8 minutes ago, Matthias said:

I started working on a new Hexen project. I made the very first room and I was kinda proud of the design. But then a ransomware encrypted all my files and I lost everything. I forgot to backup it, so all my work was lost. The only thing left was this screenshot.

This is literally what happened to my map above, lol.  I posted some pictures of it that were on discord still in the old pictures thread and now I'm remaking it.

14 minutes ago, guitardz said:

This is literally what happened to my map above, lol.  I posted some pictures of it that were on discord still in the old pictures thread and now I'm remaking it.

The technology is such a betrayer, huh?:D

Long overdue, I've wanted to have a proper Doom poster for years. Felt damn good to hang this up in my room.

Spoiler

NCQGvagr.jpg

1 hour ago, Gez said:

Blue roses? This lost civilization must have been practicing genetic modification.

Yeah, it was one of the "story" elements of the first part. Although I didn't know that from roses.