Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Foebane72

How old is everyone here?

I'm 47 now, 48 in September.

I'm enquiring because I wonder how older games fare with games that require fast reflexes.

I'm 32, turning 33 just a couple of days after the release of Eternal. Pretty sure I'm not as sharp as I used to be, although I don't know if that's down to getting older, or just a lack of practice. I work more than I used to and don't have as much time to play.

1 hour ago, NoXion said:

I'm 32, turning 33 just a couple of days after the release of Eternal. Pretty sure I'm not as sharp as I used to be, although I don't know if that's down to getting older, or just a lack of practice. I work more than I used to and don't have as much time to play.

Age effects reflexes for sure

I'm mentally 12 but chronologically 32. Haven't been able to play CoD like a pro since MW2, my reflexes degrading with time is a real thing.

35 here.

But also bear in mind we grew up with the shooters of the 90s, where movement is as important as aiming and reactions. So our generation of gamers is probably more used to playing something like Doom Eternal than young whippersnappers who grew up on COD even despite our sagging reactions.

18 turning 19 next month 5 days before eternal comes out. I might get a costumed to it but since advance  college preparatory  work is on my end and I have very limited free time.

Man I feel a bit young reading these. I'm 19 going on 20 and in college right now.

39, I turn 40 this year. My reflexes are still pretty sharp; logic would suggest they're slowing with age of course. But I still react quickly to most things in real life or games.

31, going on 32 by April. I've definitely not been as great at shooters as I was in high school. Used to be a time when I could keep up in things like Counter Strike pretty well, but now, not so much. Still enjoy firing it up now and again though. 

36 myself. 🙋🏻‍♀️ Lot of people around this age bracket: we who were kids/teens in Doom's own time. I've only gotten better at gaming over time, especially over the past few years since I've taken up some fast-paced games and have increasingly been able to hold my own. Maybe I'd be even better if I had that kind of experience when younger? But experience goes farther; being able to anticipate something means your raw reaction time is negative.

We're not kids anymore; but we're not elderly either. 💪🏻

Everytime somebody asks this, I'm another month closer to having a dirt nap.

Need to get back into my borg cubicle to recharge.

I can't say I've noticed any of this reflex depletion. If it bleeds, it dies.

41, soon to be 42.

Recently beat Doom II on UV, Quake 1 & all mission packs on hard. I feel like I'm even better at FPS games than when I was younger. Probably because I was scared to put in the time to learn wasd+mouse properly back then.

14 minutes ago, Pokemanic33 said:

Eighteen here.

Looking at the other responses in this thread it looks like Doom truly is eternal.

yes, nice to see some fellow zoomers