Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Squonk

Ultimate Doom demos [-complevel 3]

13 hours ago, riba2233 said:

Well don't beat yourself, there is a lot of luck needed for this kind of run :)

At least I got a 0:32 the first try after watching your run :P  Anyway, I don't really push myself enough.

More why nots:

E3M1 UV Max/Reality in 1:58

e3m1m158reality.zip

Can't employ risky strats, so you have to pistol down something in this map since you don't have enough ammo...

E3M6 UV Max/Reality in 6:12 (secret exit)

e3m6m612reality.zip

I did something wrong and didn't make use of one Invulnerability, but the second time I did it correctly, I was slower than 6:12... (That means my route is not good enough).

Hey guys, I just noticed there are some SR50 options in PrBoom+ ("Permanent Strafe50" and "Strafe50 on Turns" more precisely), what should I know about them?

4 minutes ago, Alaux said:

Hey guys, I just noticed there are some SR50 options in PrBoom+ ("Permanent Strafe50" and "Strafe50 on Turns" more precisely), what should I know about them?

You shouldn't use these unless you're recording a TAS.

Just now, Andromeda said:

You shouldn't use these unless you're recording a TAS.

Just what I wanted to know. Thank you.

E2M1 UV Max/Reality in 3:47

e2m1m347reality.zip

Originally thought this map is not hard, but you have quite a bit of time walking on pain sectors. It's long enough for you to take damage at least once throughout the map. That's why I need that stupid special skill to avoid damage on those. The most annoying part is to exit the red door. There is not enough room for me to observe the swing of the gun in order to avoid damage.

Just to let you know @JoJ3o, your 9.34 is actually 0:09.97. Crispy doom shows the tics (or 'frames', there are 35 tics per second, so 9 seconds and 34 tics is 9.97 seconds) and not the second decimals. It's a bit of a confusing convention at first. Regardless, nice work breaking the sub-10 second barrier. :)

You might also want to familiarise yourself with some conventions with posting demos. A handy and extensive post about this can be found here.

6 hours ago, almostmatt1 said:

Just to let you know @JoJ3o, your 9.34 is actually 0:09.97. Crispy doom shows the tics (or 'frames', there are 35 tics per second, so 9 seconds and 34 tics is 9.97 seconds) and not the second decimals. It's a bit of a confusing convention at first. Regardless, nice work breaking the sub-10 second barrier. :)

You might also want to familiarise yourself with some conventions with posting demos. A handy and extensive post about this can be found here.

Yeah, discord already told me before.

I just didn't know how to make clear that it's in frames, that is why I put Crispy Doom behind it. I Shoud've said "Crispy Doom Timing" or just don't be lazy to convert the time.

I also saw that post you mentioned already and think I did a good enough job naming my demo. What would you change about the name?

3 hours ago, JoJ3o said:

Yeah, discord already told me before.

I just didn't know how to make clear that it's in frames, that is why I put Crispy Doom behind it. I Shoud've said "Crispy Doom Timing" or just don't be lazy to convert the time.

I also saw that post you mentioned already and think I did a good enough job naming my demo. What would you change about the name?

The correct format is: e1m1p997 or p1m1-997.

Pacifist of e1m1 in 0:09.97.

Just as important, mention what category your run is. I didn't know whether it was a pacifist or ordinary UV-Speed until watching the demo.

Edited by rdwpa

5 hours ago, Da Werecat said:

Hanger ≠ Hangar.

Talking about this... I always don't understand whether TNT Map05 is a mistake about the name or it's actually a hanger that I failed to see.

6 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

Talking about this... I always don't understand whether TNT Map05 is a mistake about the name or it's actually a hanger that I failed to see.

It is a Hanger, just not one that is used to store airplanes etc.

I wondered the same then looked it up.

On 2/4/2020 at 1:56 AM, rdwpa said:

Just as important, mention what category your run is. I didn't know whether it was a pacifist or ordinary UV-Speed until watching the demo.

Or even a Tyson where he had somehow persuaded most of the monsters to shoot each other simultaneously dead.

First time even visiting this site so hopefully I do everything right. 

I've gotten a few 10s on Hangar so I thought I would post one.  I don't even know if this is valid or not since I am not all that knowledgeable about rules and such.  
My friend helped me setup so I could make demos so if there are any issues please let me know.  

e1m1-010.zip

Edited by Kalle E