Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Foebane72

How old is everyone here?

I'm 31. Games that I play frequently I tend to have great reflexes. Unsure if I adapt to new games as well though. No signs of deterioration but I'm less competitive so I don't jump into any multiplayer trends.

As for Eternal, i'm relatively optimistic about the added mechanics and challenges. However it has killed the interest for people like my Dad who is in his 60s. Platforming in 2016 alone is terrible for him.

Edited by Chezza

@TheNoob_Gamer WOAH!!! You might be the youngest guy here.

Spoiler

You are unbelievably younger than I expected, especially for someone who has even done some Dehacked modding.

20 minutes ago, ReaperAA said:

@TheNoob_Gamer WOAH!!! You might be the youngest guy here.

Reveal hidden contents

You are unbelievably younger than I expected, especially for someone who has even done some Dehacked modding.

Spoiler

Partly correct because 10 is my mental age.

I like to keep my real age as a secret =)

25. Look like I'm 18. Grumpy like an 80 year old.

My reflexes are serviceable I guess? Hard to tell cause I don't go out of my way to get "expert" levels of good at games usually. And also I'm naturally very air headed and easily distracted.

2 hours ago, HorrorMovieGuy said:

25. Look like I'm 18. Grumpy like an 80 year old.

My reflexes are serviceable I guess? Hard to tell cause I don't go out of my way to get "expert" levels of good at games usually. And also I'm naturally very air headed and easily distracted.

Guess we've got something else in common :V .

9 hours ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Hide contents

Also shouldnt this post belong to the Everything Else board?

Spoiler

I think that the creator wants to know specifically the age of people commenting about Eternal. For scientific purposes, of course.

26 minutes ago, Martin-CAI said:
  Hide contents

I think that the creator wants to know specifically the age of people commenting about Eternal. For scientific purposes, of course.

Your might be right. Especially since Foebane72 considers Doom Eternal "too complex" and probably made this thread to see the age of people who are excited about Eternal (and probably to see how many gamers are around their age).

Random observations, this is a graph posted in a similar thread in January 2013. The average age is 25.2 while 28 is the runaway modal average. Currently from this thread (I've been keeping track since posting my graph because I'm a massive nerd :P) the mean average is up to 27, but there's so much more going on in the under-20 section, in fact 16 is the current modal average, closely followed by 29 and 30. The sample size between right now and the 2013 graph is more or less the same. Presumably we have the reboots to thank for this but it's looking like there's a much broader range of ages in the community now, and imo that's wonderful to see.

6 minutes ago, Eris Falling said:

Random observations, this is a graph posted in a similar thread in January 2013. The average age is 25.2 while 28 is the runaway modal average. Currently from this thread (I've been keeping track since posting my graph because I'm a massive nerd :P) the mean average is up to 27, but there's so much more going on in the under-20 section, in fact 16 is the current modal average, closely followed by 29 and 30. The sample size between right now and the 2013 graph is more or less the same. Presumably we have the reboots to thank for this but it's looking like there's a much broader range of ages in the community now, and imo that's wonderful to see.

We almost can make a correlational study taking the age of people and the opinions/expectations of Eternal. Maybe we find something interesting.

1 hour ago, Eris Falling said:

That's pretty interesting.

There was also a topic in Doom General where members stated their age back in August. You could probably glean a few ages from there that haven't posted in this thread....

40, but I wouldn't say my reflexes are worse. I'm a better Doom player now than when I was in my twenties, I can beat HR2 map32 now. Considered that one a joke in my younger days....

edit: I hardly play new games anymore, though. Gave up online playing after Starcraft II. What a heap of useless stress to inflict upon oneself.

35, and have been playing Doom since age 11.  I thought I'd be among the older posters, but it seems that there are plenty of us in our 30s.

Recently turned 51, so i'm an old(ish) fucker... Possibly reflexes are dulled a bit, but I also find experience (and decent kit) means I think I play better now than I did back in the day. Still play regularly despite kids, work etc... 

3 hours ago, Breezeep said:

20 years old. Will be 21 in april. I still don't know what to do with my life.

Plenty of people don't well into their mid-late 20s