Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ASON-Z-

Gzdoom dynamic lighting bug?

The muzzle flash light effect around the player with hitscan weapons are not working, but everything else seems to be fine.

Same goes for Heretic.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Screenshot_Doom_20200207_172721.png

Screenshot_Heretic_20200207_173232.png

This looks like a classic case of missing light definitions on the player actor. Basically, if a mod replaces DoomPlayer with a new name, the lights are not automatically reattached. It's a problem with the mod and not GZDoom.

To fix it, you'll need to either modify the mod to re-add them yourself or create a small file with only GLDEFS to re-add them and run it after the mod. Check the mod in SLADE, figure out the new player class name. The default GLDEFS in lights.pk3 will have the code for the default player lights.

14 hours ago, Nevander said:

This looks like a classic case of missing light definitions on the player actor. Basically, if a mod replaces DoomPlayer with a new name, the lights are not automatically reattached. It's a problem with the mod and not GZDoom.

To fix it, you'll need to either modify the mod to re-add them yourself or create a small file with only GLDEFS to re-add them and run it after the mod. Check the mod in SLADE, figure out the new player class name. The default GLDEFS in lights.pk3 will have the code for the default player lights.

Yep, that seemed to be the issue. It was a skin pack I had installed that disabled the lighting effects.

I'm just gonna ditch the pack anyways

Thanks for helping me out.