Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Foebane72

How old is everyone here?

3 hours ago, Dr. Toboggan said:

Plenty of people don't well into their mid-late 20s

Well I kind a did know what to do then but don't know now. So don't worry too much!

On 2/6/2020 at 5:01 PM, Arbys550 said:

I'm 21. Haven't given in to the booze yet though.

Damn, so young and a Genesis fan, especially Peter Gabriel's era. Respect! I'm nearly 39 and even I feel extremely young when I compare myself to the audience of 'The Musical Box'. In fact, when I think about friends of my age... nobody listens to 70's progrock at all. Those musical philistines ! LOL

25 minutes ago, 4everDoomed said:

Damn, so young and a Genesis fan, especially Peter Gabriel's era. Respect! I'm nearly 39 and even I feel extremely young when I compare myself to the audience of 'The Musical Box'. In fact, when I think about friends of my age... nobody listens to 70's progrock at all. Those musical philistines ! LOL

Ha yeah I do feel young compared to most classic prog fans. My friends don't share my musical tastes either. I really need to see Steve Hackett live before he dies lol. The only concert I've ever been to was a Kansas concert and yeah everyone there was like 40 or 50 i felt like a baby.

On 2/6/2020 at 3:48 PM, Breezeep said:

20 years old. Will be 21 in april. I still don't know what to do with my life.

I can relate to this a lot.

19 minutes ago, Pierrot said:

I'm 28. Been playing Doom since my 8~10. Still have to play Doom 2016.

Why haven't you gotten around to it yet? It's starting to look really dated already.

15 hours ago, Foebane72 said:

Why haven't you gotten around to it yet? It's starting to look really dated already.

It's just I've been playing several other games that have been a little too time consuming :P (and not considering the tons of awesome Doom megawads lying around here that keep me busy)
I plan to play it soon though, maybe before the release of Eternal. And it's really not a problem if the game is dated (at least it is cheap now).

Old enough to M00D Doom.

Spoiler

mid-twenties

Good to see way younger folks who are deep into Doom as well.

7 hours ago, Summer Deep said:

I can just about remember the assassination of President JF Kennedy. Work that one out....

:)

You're about 60 years old?

Edited by NeedHealth

About to turn 21 in a few weeks. Super excited, Super angsty.
Enjoy everyday like its your last. because time goes quick!!

On 2/10/2020 at 3:31 PM, Summer Deep said:

I can just about remember the assassination of President JF Kennedy. Work that one out....

So what's your avatar all about anyway?

You should be too mature to appreciate modern art.

32 - Haven't noticed any big decrease in doom reflexes . But i sure have a huge loss on fighting game reflexes and ability to learn a new game =( , plus i don't have the same free time as i have a  child =( . 

7 minutes ago, Chezza said:

So what's your avatar all about anyway?

You should be too mature to appreciate modern art.

The avatar is something that I knocked up in about 2 minutes after discovering MS Paint. Took me a further 2 months to work out how to upload it to another message board at the time (in 2014). I'll take your 'Modern Art' comment as a compliment, I suppose...

I will be twenty-two this year and I only have dim memories about vanilla Doom 2. I'm originally involved in Doom because of WADS, I rather play Quake for nostalgia. However Doom WADS are also very nostalgic to me and I remember a hungarian YouTuber made an entire channel about them. EDIT: After being involved in doom wads I also learned something about vanilla gameplay.

Edited by HitelbeVettBor