Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
4shockblast

Beat 1000 Records Month (Feb 7 to Mar 11)

This thread was a great idea! I'm new here and these records will be mostly hard for me, but I'm happy to be able to participate in the competition.

I figured I'd stick to maps / categories I'm already familiar with, so this entry was quite easy seeing as it's very close to UV Max, where I had already gotten 30secs before:

E1M1 UV Respawn in 0:30.94

r1m1_030.zip

(Previous time: 0:32.83 by Radek Pecka)

Only 23 attempts; I was lucky I guess. On UV Max it took me 1000 attempts to get down to 30 secs. Crazy.

Edited by Coincident

Some interesting ones in that list!

BTW, I notice that four of the demos are 0:00. I know you mentioned that some of the times might prove unbeatable by a full second, but in these cases it is a physical impossibility.

1 minute ago, Grazza said:

Some interesting ones in that list!

BTW, I notice that four of the demos are 0:00. I know you mentioned that some of the times might prove unbeatable by a full second, but in these cases it is a physical impossibility.

Yeah, I guess those are effectively unimprovable. Oh, well, they're certainly not the only demos on that list that won't see another second, so I think that's just part of the randomness to this event.

Project X Map 12 UV-Max in 0:18. Finally an excuse to do this map. :)

px12-018.zip

Alien Vendetta Map 20 - Nomo 100% in 4:57 (Old record is 5:03)

avos20-457.zip

Quite a good run here, didn't think it could be improved back in November when I re-recorded this run from scratch. Meh.

Ultimate Doom
E2M5 UV Respawn in 3:28.03 (was 3:47.06 by Radek Pecka)

Demo: r2m5-328.zip
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7HZUFn6ZcE

A few route optimizations and other improvements over the previous record. Was fun to wall-run for the first time. Still much to improve for sure.

PS - A quick question: in my previous post in this thread I uploaded a zip file with a mistake in the text file that I only noticed later.

Is it OK to edit that post and re-upload a zip with the corrected text file? Or is it NOT OK, because editing gets in the way of the script that detects demos in this forum?

Edited by Coincident