Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckReconMajor

How to see tic time of demo

Forgive me if this is answered somewhere, but nowadays some posts are listing what looks like millisecond times (I assume divided by number of tics)

I know the new DSDA displays them, but how do people see this before it's uploaded to DSDA? Is there something in XDRE or another utility that shows this?

1 hour ago, DuckReconMajor said:

Forgive me if this is answered somewhere, but nowadays some posts are listing what looks like millisecond times (I assume divided by number of tics)

I know the new DSDA displays them, but how do people see this before it's uploaded to DSDA? Is there something in XDRE or another utility that shows this?

Naturally, you would use "-levelstat" in the command line to see the tics.

Easiest way is to watch the demo in Prb+ with the advanced HUD. Last time displayed before the stats screen is the correct millisecond time. Use slomo temporarily to make it easier to see (and in a longer demo speedup to get near the end of the demo).

For bulk timings other methods are better, but for a single demo this is simplest by far, given you launch the demo just by clicking on it (no command line needed), and then it's four key presses (HUD on, speed- (long press), HUD off, speed 100%).