• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DiamondDude11

Worst WADS?

So, just wondering...

and for laughs...

what is the worst WADS ever?
From the worst rated to the worst in your opinion, I want to see the worst of the worst.
It is time to scrape the bottom of the Explosive Barrel!

Worst this, most hated that, I'd like to see more unconventional optimistic polls like "your favourite texture/flat combo motif" or "your monsterless go-to setups" every now and then, maybe I'll do one myself.

Answering to the OP, as far as "least enjoyed", SF2011 goes first since that one is like going to an overcrowded nightclub about to collapse and the drinks are on a fifth floor for whatever reason, nevermind when you see your crush making out with another person. Earth.wad comes close except it has numerous quirky concepts behind and the pitch black cave maps might play better in a source port with opengl on and gamma correction above level 2.

51 minutes ago, DiamondDude11 said:

So, just wondering...

and for laughs...

I can assure you that there is nothing funny about this.

what is the worst WADS ever?
From the worst rated to the worst in your opinion, I want to see the worst of the worst.
It is time to scrape the bottom of the Explosive Barrel!

Here is the worst of the worst:

The worst WADS

UAC Labs by Eric Harris. Bad enough the level being shitty but made by someone from the Columbine Massacre?! Defintely one of the worst for sure.

28 minutes ago, Salahmander2 said:

Bad enough the level being shitty but made by someone from the Columbine Massacre?!

I mean... The levels themselves aren't that bad. Crusty, sure, but not bad.

They do have the energy of being inside a psychopath's bedroom though. Nothing inherently wrong except what it's juxtaposed to.

51 minutes ago, tam said:

I mean... The levels themselves aren't that bad. Crusty, sure, but not bad.

They do have the energy of being inside a psychopath's bedroom though. Nothing inherently wrong except what it's juxtaposed to.

Wow... this old story. When it did happen back then, they really put out the arguements of old again: video games and heavy metal music. It would be funny if not for the tragedy behind it.

You can totally forget his maps. Point. Next. 

54 minutes ago, MSX said:

You can totally forget his maps. Point. Next. 

Agreed.

Speaking of forgettable, anyone remember the master levels? I don't, and I played through them a few weeks ago. Painfully average.

https://doomshack.org/uploads/literal_spiral.zip

By @Worm318. A parody of certain obvious troll thread where the OP criticized Doom II, The Plutonia Experiment and Sigil for featuring allegedly spiraling levels. I am pretty sure @Nine Inch Heels will remember this moderated thread.

Laura Beyer's Doom is also really bad. And it was a commercial product...

Edited by Diabolución : Fix mentions.

I see some people joking here & also bringing up the obvious, such as Terry Wads, Wow.wad, UAC Labs & whatnot, so I'll post a serious one.

Not long ago, I played Doom 2 In Name Only & this easily takes the cake as being the worst 'Doom 2' style megawad I played (for now at least). I didn't even finish it as it was so poorly designed, it left me confused how this can be THIS bad.

I get the point of the project. Make levels based on the names of the maps but that's not my criticism.

The biggest issues about it:

- Levels drag for way too long

- Levels are way too large

- Very gimmicky & not in a good way

- Very uninteresting enemy placement.

- Stopped at map 19 which has total darkness, samey & mazey map design, tedious combat, arrows on the floor telling me where to go lol & probably more.

- I checked the later levels via change level command & yea... it wasn't worth continuing.

- Just overall a tedium, borefest & annoying experience.

I used to despise gimmicks in wads such as Ancient Aliens but at least they kept me playing the wad & learning from my mistakes, overcoming obstacles. This was not the case in D2INO.

1 hour ago, The_SloVinator said:

I see some people joking here

You almost would think the jokes are made to educate the OP into using the search function before making the same thread about the same topic.

Or they are just jokes. Take your pick.

All slaughter maps. 

Every community project ever made.

These are proof that some people hate doom so much that they bother learning mapping and modding out of pure spite.

2 hours ago, Redneckerz said:

You almost would think the jokes are made to educate the OP into using the search function before making the same thread about the same topic.

Or they are just jokes. Take your pick.

There are many threads about the same over redundant topics on doomworld, so whatever.

Probably wow.wad, if you consider the ones that are bad on purpose Mock 2: the speed of stupid.

Best wad ever made is the Firefox Party by toastytech obviously 

23 minutes ago, The_SloVinator said:

There are many threads about the same over redundant topics on doomworld, so whatever.

Imo it shouldn't be. Its trite to read the same questions asked over and over and originality goes out of the window.

There is also a reason why these questions are asked again - In general, by new Doomers that have yet to experience classic Doom and are used to Doom 2016. So its an understandable development, but that does not mean that it should be an acceptable one. The search button is there for exactly these questions, after all. But that's just my 2 cents.

11 minutes ago, DiamondDude11 said:

Wait, I was unaware that there were many other posts like this...
So sorry if I made a post you considered as "Redundant".

You were unaware because you didn't use the search button ;)

i remember seeing some recent speedmaps/meme speedrunner material that made fun of serious topics or had titles that ripped on other people's work. that stuff. fuck you

Saw some stupid mod on Moddb which had you play as a Chinese and was giving people the corona-virus, Absolutely Fucked up for sure.

(Update: they took the mod down)

35 minutes ago, Morpheus666 said:

Saw some stupid mod on Moddb which had you play as a Chinese and was giving people the corona-virus, Absolutely Fucked up for sure.

(Update: they took the mod down)

Oh god.