Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nelguy

Build engine on GZDoom

Ive been trying to find a way to play Build engine GAMES on GZDoom, now I think that this is possible because of Blood Rebirth, so if anyone knows about any pk3,pk7 file or something like that, please let me know

btw: Im a MAC user.

Edited by nelguy : Forgot topics

5 minutes ago, nelguy said:

How do i get it to run?

I'm not a Mac user. But I suppose you just put the game data into the Raze folder and run the executable?

Just now, xzotikk said:

I'm not a Mac user. But I suppose you just put the game data in the raze folder and run the executable?

oh k thk

You just extract Raze somewhere on your hard drive and run it. If some games and expansions are not detected, you can manually point to their path in the .INI generated after running Raze once.

There are a few small detection issues remaining currently (autodetection missing the SW expansions for once), but we're working on sorting that out.

1 hour ago, nelguy said:

Ive been trying to find a way to play Build engine GAMES on GZDoom

This, however, is nonsense. 2 very different game engines built for 2 very different games can't run the same games. At all.

The cited Blood Rebirth is a GZDoom TC that aims to recreate the OG Blood experience in the GZDoom engine and expand upon it, but that's it, it's a recreation, not a port whatsoever.

1 hour ago, seed said:

You just extract Raze somewhere on your hard drive and run it. If some games and expansions are not detected, you can manually point to their path in the .INI generated after running Raze once.

I do not get it.

Maybe it´s because I´m bad at this sort of stuff

4 minutes ago, nelguy said:

I do not get it.

Maybe it´s because I´m bad at this sort of stuff

Try having our games (like Duke) in a subfolder of Raze

So for instance:

C:/Games/Raze <- Where Raze is located.

C:/Games/Raze/Duke3D <- Where Duke is located in a sub folder.

Since you run a Mac, the above terminology will be different. But the general point is: Move your games to a sub folder of Raze, and then run Raze itself.

1 hour ago, Redneckerz said:

Try having our games (like Duke) in a subfolder of Raze

So for instance:

C:/Games/Raze <- Where Raze is located.

C:/Games/Raze/Duke3D <- Where Duke is located in a sub folder.

Since you run a Mac, the above terminology will be different. But the general point is: Move your games to a sub folder of Raze, and then run Raze itself.

On the Mac it is actually ~/Documents/Raze

For Duke it is ~/Documents/Raze/Duke3d

For blood it is ~/Documents/Raze/Blood

The Raze App can be in what ever folder you like, be it in Applications or on your Desktop, does not make any difference.

I just started Blood to take a quick look, it runs smooth, but without sound. At least at my machine.

38 minutes ago, cybdmn said:

I just started Blood to take a quick look, it runs smooth, but without sound. At least at my machine.

Wait, how are you playing Blood? isn't the source code still being kept?

also can you link the download?

Edited by nelguy

Started Blood with Raze. I havn't actually played, i just moved around a bit, killing the first three enemies, and quit. That's it.

oh ok

but I've got a question for you: Does the music work for you in Duke 3D or Shadow Warrior?

because it doesn't work in my case

4 hours ago, nelguy said:

Wait, how are you playing Blood? isn't the source code still being kept?

Game was reverse-engineered a while ago... see NBlood and BuildGDX (formerly BloodGDX).

If music is missing in SW, try pointing the path to its music folder manually. SW comes only with CD music, MIDI was used only in Shareware and during development. The tracks should be named track##, in .OGG format, from track02 to track15.

If you don't have the music at all you'll have to acquire it.

4 hours ago, nelguy said:

oh ok

but I've got a question for you: Does the music work for you in Duke 3D or Shadow Warrior?

because it doesn't work in my case

I haven't tried D3D or SW, just a quick start with Blood.