Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheRedTide

The artbook for Doom Eternal has been leaked

I was just on 4chan half an hour ago and someone posted a linked hosted on Mega Dot Com to the entire artbook of Doom Eternal, needless to say it comes with massive spoilers. If the mods allow it, I'll post the link to the full version of it. Below follows a comparison between the original Doomguy and the concept art of him in Doom Eternal.

I'm not sure how long that picture will survive here, but I can confirm at a glance that the aforementioned concept art of DoomEternalguy's face is, indeed, lacking Doomguy's proper sprite aspect ratio correction.

And, of course, this would make it the second time (actually, it's easily been a dozen or more by now) that id has forgotten to aspect ratio correct Doomguy's head!

Oh, id, you delightfully devilish hack frauds!

34 minutes ago, Revenant100 said:

Oh, id, you delightfully devilish hack frauds!

Yeah they should have definitely hired an expert like you on the team s/

We get it newDoom sucks.

58 minutes ago, jazzmaster9 said:

Yeah they should have definitely hired an expert like you on the team s/

We get it newDoom sucks.

You must be the first person to take a post from Marphy seriously, ever.

2 hours ago, TheRedTide said:

I was just on 4chan half an hour ago and someone posted a linked hosted on Mega Dot Com to the entire artbook of Doom Eternal, needless to say it comes with massive spoilers. If the mods allow it, I'll post the link to the full version of it. Below follows a comparison between the original Doomguy and the concept art of him in Doom Eternal.image.png.fe189e619e0dd3131cc4563a02c2eeab.png

Please send the link

It's so weird to look at this, yet somehow oddly fitting,

(E: original image was removed from OP, so this comment is irrelevant now.)

does the artbook say anything about it being the same guy? or were they trying to re-imagine the same guy for this new reboot series, I want to know if the new games are tied to the earlier games in some way beyond references, I've always wondered about this.

Edited by sluggard

16 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Looks a bit fat to me.

Well, yeah, because the people who made the AI version also forgot about aspect ratio conversion.

What kind of sped leaks a full artbook? Did a boomer CC his entire address list while trying to exchange a mail with another staff member? Unless this was intentional (we've seen stunts like that in the past), I really don't understand. Some pictures, several grainy phone photos is the usual stuff when it comes to leaks.

Cool I guess? Not like it's going to change anything for Doom Eternal.

7 hours ago, TheRedTide said:

I was just on 4chan half an hour ago and someone posted a linked hosted on Mega Dot Com to the entire artbook of Doom Eternal, needless to say it comes with massive spoilers. If the mods allow it, I'll post the link to the full version of it. Below follows a comparison between the original Doomguy and the concept art of him in Doom Eternal.image.png.fe189e619e0dd3131cc4563a02c2eeab.png

I always think that Doomguy's face in a realistic tone looks kinda bad

5 hours ago, sluggard said:

Are Tyrants and Cyberdemons the same thing

No, Cyberdemon is a Balgaar demon resurrected with augmented implants. The Tyrants undergo the procedure while alive. And they are several, an entire caste of Demons, powerful lords who who hold a lot of power and sway. They're tasked with scouring and extracting the souls of sin-branded humans from the mortal world.

7 hours ago, sluggard said:

It's so weird to look at this, yet somehow oddly fitting, does the artbook say anything about it being the same guy? or were they trying to re-imagine the same guy for this new reboot series, I want to know if the new games are tied to the earlier games in some way beyond references, I've always wondered about this.

It doesn't clarify is he's is or not the same Doomguy from previous games.

Edited by TheRedTide

Also, as speculated by us before, in DOOM'16, the Icon of Sin is indeed the Betrayer's son brought back in demon form.

Edited by TheRedTide

Yes, some people speculated that and they were right... I thought the Icon of Sin wasn't the Betrayer's son but the ultimate weapon the dark priests used to destroy Argent D' Nur. I think you mean brought back in demon form,,,

1 hour ago, TheRedTide said:

No, Cyberdemon is a Balgaar demon resurrected with augmented implants. The Tyrants undergo the procedure while alive. And they are several, an entire caste of Demons, powerful lords who who hold a lot of power and sway. They're tasked with scouring and extracting the souls of sin-branded humans from the mortal world.

The 2016 Cyberdemon was a "Balgaar", but the DE Tyrants are pretty much designed to look just like Classic Doom's cyberdemons.

I guess we can now say that the "species" of the classic cyberdemons is "Tyrant".

Is Khan Maykr supposed to be like a pun? 
aLlSo I dIdN't KnOw ThAt ThE gAmE wIlL hAvE mOnGoLiAnS 

I've seen a lot of good stuff and it won't stop me from buying and playing the game, but it's a shame when you know some of it won't end up in the final game since it's concept art.

Still i should try and take a better look when possible to present my thoughts and opinions better about it.

15 hours ago, sluggard said:

It's so weird to look at this, yet somehow oddly fitting,

(E: original image was removed from OP, so this comment is irrelevant now.)

does the artbook say anything about it being the same guy? or were they trying to re-imagine the same guy for this new reboot series, I want to know if the new games are tied to the earlier games in some way beyond references, I've always wondered about this.

If it’s not the same guy then it’s very clearly at least based off of him in a rebooted context. We still have that cutscene where the priests hold his OG helmet, so linking everything to the old games somehow could still be a possibility.

Material from the same link does point out...

Spoiler

an anomaly that VEGA investigates where the Slayer seems to have been fighting hell in an entire multi-verse, and it’s now imploding itself. 

Okay, I'm not looking looking because I don't want spoilers for the plot or bosses, nor specifics. I just want to know: have any more enemies been confirmed besides what was already seen?

25 minutes ago, Chaddyboy said:

Okay, I'm not looking looking because I don't want spoilers for the plot or bosses, nor specifics. I just want to know: have any more enemies been confirmed besides what was already seen?

Not confirmed confirmed, but yeah it looks like there's more than what has been shown so far IIRC.

I'll be staying out of that spoilers thread.

5 minutes ago, Gez said:

Not confirmed confirmed, but yeah it looks like there's more than what has been shown so far IIRC.

Good to know. I've assumed Hugo was being literal when he said there were twice as many demons as Doom 2016, so there should still be a good chunk of them we haven't seen yet. 

37 minutes ago, Caffeine Freak said:

I'll be staying out of that spoilers thread.

Good to know. I've assumed Hugo was being literal when he said there were twice as many demons as Doom 2016, so there should still be a good chunk of them we haven't seen yet. 

Spoiler

There are the Maykr Deacon, Maykr Archangel & Erebus 

I'm going to see what may OR may not be a finished/accurate version of the book and put my thoughts in spoilers.

May have fucked up the grammar or forget some details but for now, this is what i put out so far:

Spoiler

* Doomguy looks alright, they did a good job so far and it's better than the QC face but he had black/brown hair in the revealed inro unless that's just the lighting.

* These Sentinel viking helmets look ok but i've seen this before.

* After the Zombieman page, there's these demons and weirdos with shields and arm cannons, they look cool.

* UAC zombie with hair.

* I like some of the explosive zombie concepts with the weird thing that has trapped souls inside it, along with chains and a head cage.

* Pain Elemental was supposed to drop souls after death?

* Carcass was supposed to be something else.

* Whiplash with saggy breasts. (i thought it was once supposed to have a more female human like figure like the D3 Vagary and that techno lady model from Doom 64)

* Also, Whiplash supposedly being more snake-like.

* Lots of weird designs, one carrying a book.

* Where Gargoyles supposed to be more related to warriors with that gear and all?

* Gladiator's shield literally bleeds because it has someone's soul in it and his mace had an energy chain.

* Gladiator's alt designs were experimental as fuck.

* DH as an actual tank.

* A more classic HK merged with his new iterations and some fire Baron concept.

* Interesting Tyrant stuff, not sure why they didn't keep him a hoove instead of toenails(?).

* I like these Hell Priests that look less human and normal like the flying fat guy.

* This Hell Royality big guy, i hope he's in the final game.

* Same for these 4 guys, at least the fourh one (big metal block skull thing) is already in the game.

* The Icon himself and i wonder if him having armor is part of the destructible demon system so you can destroy his armor as well. (also how the fuck did people not expect him as the final boss?)

* Zombie Titan.

* This grey Maykr looks weird.

* Praying Maykrs and a bunch of weird designs, the 3 ones below look interesting.

* More weird Mayrks i like the tentacle brain guy and the one below him.

* Weird thing with a spear, teeth and eyes and some Maykr shooting a beam: do they replace the Hell Razers?

* Kahn Maykr herself, with back and front views and a full reference of her wings i think.

* Marauder was supposed to look closer to DG.

* Hell on Earth but with 2016' demons.

* Train.

* Floating gorenest, looks like a flesh Hell dimension.

* Is there an Argent Tower in Earth too?

* Neat Gore Key designs and apparently a canned animation? This stuff could have been level props please don't erase it from the games.

* Does the UAC controll the planet now? Jeesh.

* Argent Tower holding the Crucible?

* Hayden fought demons too?

* Phobos (with green lights in the moon) and BFG10K development.

* This BFG10K area may be where you get the BFG9000.

* Will DG launch himself from this gun too?

* Destroyed Mars where you can see the inside with bones and structures of buildings(?).

* ARG mechs.

* A Sentinal planet? So literal aliens?

* Sentinel doorway where you can see some statue i think.

* Stained glass windows and that gift of Argent energy thing.

* Slayer creation room? And a armory room possibly for the HUB.

* Maybe we'll fight the IOS in some arena where he's attached to a wall like old times before he rises to show his true power.

* The Sentinel mechs looked even weirder before.

* Giant crosses made of Maykr tech in Urdak.

* A lot of this looks alien, like they haven't even touched basic Angelic concepts before or something?

* Climbable Mayrk walls, a automap computer? And that rune item.

* Giant cross that's apparently an archangel? Like a living thing? Ok.

* The DH being made, he looks like Kronos from Doom RPG, and a Revenant possession room.

* What do cultists need blood for?

* Floating cultist base on space with chains and shit, nice.

* Tower of Babel, is that the D64 pentagram?

* Hell stuff looking nice.

* Maykr props in Hell? Is this room from the Babel Tower itself?

* I hope that wagon and upside down cross with the hanging dude stays, even Doom 3 had that.

* Giant creatures carring some weird stuff like temples or vehicles.

* "Buff Pod", a soul stream and four floating Hell structures. Each idea better stay in the game.

* Will we see UAC guards and mechs fighting demons in real time?

* Alternate rocket designs for the RL?

* Lots of cool designs for the Unmaykr.

* The Crucible should have kept a chainsaw like blade.

* Loving these Maykr/cultist slayer skins specially the cultist one. (could be an enemy)

* Are these podiums for the BattleMode thing? Also new weird characters and a classical DG.

* Does Earth have its own tech seperate from Mars?

* MORE podiums with new themes, they should stay in the game and the Egyptian one reminds me of TNT.

* CYBER Marauder.

* What's with all the zombie demons?

* Classic Revenant.

* Toy demons, not every demon is there but i hope there's a lot of unrevealed ones that aren't even in this book unless what i'm seeing is missing pages.

I think that was it? I liked most of it even if some stuff felt a bit "too new" to Doom i guess?

I hope a lot of good stuff stays in the game or at least is used somewhere in the future (same for most cut/concept ideas from other Doom games really) because a lot of the art direction has a lot of things to talk about.

Maybe i forgot to say some things i wanted to say while typing this and probably have some grammar fuck ups but for now, looks cool.

I technically spoiled myself but i'll still buy and play the game because i'm still looking forward.

On 2/13/2020 at 5:51 PM, Gez said:

Glad to hear. I'm in that weird spot where I want just enough spoilers to get me hyped while still having room for surprise.