Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RUSSO BRZ

Doom explorer error: Game doesnt start.

I was playing normally on servers with doom explorer for a few weeks now, but lately there is an error that says: Error launching game, errorcode = 740. I've already looked over some forums but I haven't found anything related to errorcode = 740. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it very much :)

I’m wondering if @bond knows the details of this error?

For a temporary solution, you could use Doomseeker for Zandronum and Odamex, and ZDaemon comes with a built-in launcher.

errorcode = 740 means "The requested operation requires elevation", that is in order to open the file you'll need the elevated permission of a local administrator to take ownership and gain access.

It seems you changed something in your operating system settings (if all worked fine before). Try to turn off UAC. Or run Doom Explorer as administrator.

20 hours ago, Doomkid said:

For a temporary solution, you could use Doomseeker for Zandronum and Odamex, and ZDaemon comes with a built-in launcher.

Odamex also comes with a built-in launcher.. )

48 minutes ago, bond said:

errorcode = 740 means "The requested operation requires elevation", that is in order to open the file you'll need the elevated permission of a local administrator to take ownership and gain access.

It seems you changed something in your operating system settings (if all worked fine before). Try to turn off UAC. Or run Doom Explorer as administrator.

Odamex also comes with a built-in launcher.. )

It works! Thank you very much for the help, and yeah, i changed my settings for all the programs and keep getting errors everywere. I gave all the programs the administrator permission and everything is working normally again. I apreciate your help.