Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DiamondDude11

Worst WADS?

36 minutes ago, Morpheus666 said:

Saw some stupid mod on Moddb which had you play as a Chinese and was giving people the corona-virus, Absolutely Fucked up for sure.

(Update: they took the mod down)

Fuck that stupid Soulless Piece of Shit who made this mod, I hope they take that asshole's account down so he can't upload anymore offensive content on the Archive.

11 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Worst WADs ever made:

Eviternity

Memento Mori

Sunlust

Scythe

Hell Revealed

The UDM series

DWANGO

Sunder

Brutal Doom

Complex Doom

Ancient Aliens

REKKR

Fava Beans

doom.wad

doom2.wad

tnt.wad

plutonia.wad

I could go on and on! So many crap fests out there, UGH!

Dude, how could you forget those "Revenge of the Rudys", or whatever the hell they were called. Absolute sewer sludge.

Less we forget the Stormer Doom mod- 

It was Hasty thrown together with no real goal in mind but to make a Pro-Nazi project that supported Massacring people of Jewish Nationality as well as Africans and other Minorities, (MOON MAN get's a pass because the wad was just a dumb joke-wad) but this one was a actual attempt to convert people to The White supremacists ideology.

And it fails spectacularly, so much to the point that  a handful of people on Doom world Probably recall when they first released it.

Nazi Auferstehung is objectively the worst wad. wow.wad had the excuse of being made by someone who was only 10 years old at the time. The author of Doom: Rampage Edition at least put in the effort to make actual levels, even if they sucked. Joke wads and troll wads are intentionally designed to be bad. Nazi Auferstehung doesn't have any of those excuses. The author ripped a bunch of assets from other wads without giving any credit, and then he used SLIGE to randomly generate 29 maps. The exceptions are maps 30, 31, and 32, which were ripped from Freedoom. The whole thing is the epitome of laziness. It's made even more infuriating because the kid clearly knew how to import assets, but he couldn't be bothered to put in the effort to make actual maps. Oh, and the gameplay is unbelievably boring.

There are many. Gammara series, some slaughterwads (although fun when you use cheats such as SV_Fastweapons, and summoning friendly monsters), some of the maps in TNT, Terry wads, my jokewads such as Spacia, Foghorn, 0cb, etc. (when I was bored and a bit depressed from 2005-2007, days I just wish to forget about)

20 hours ago, Morpheus666 said:

Saw some stupid mod on Moddb which had you play as a Chinese and was giving people the corona-virus, Absolutely Fucked up for sure.

(Update: they took the mod down)

Whilst the concept is a novel one (A mod where the player or NPC's can either give you viruses or heal you is quite an RPG like mechanic by itself) its execution is ofcourse seriously juvenile.

There is however some positivity to this - It highlights that Doom modding has been so sophisticated that you don't even need an actual brain to make a mod for it! :)

14 hours ago, Valboom said:

All hardcore crazy and overrated Salughtermaps.

Not all of them, there are some slaughermaps that are fun, Go 2 it from Plutonia , Fear from Scythe 1 , For We Are Many from CC3...

On 2/13/2020 at 12:58 PM, Egg Boy said:

Not sure if I can name the worst wads. But I can give you a definitive list of the ten most infamous wads.

I know this list is a jillion years old and many more wads could have been added since then, but I find it funny that only two of these wads are actually “bad”.

On 2/13/2020 at 12:01 PM, E.M. said:

The author of Doom: Rampage Edition at least put in the effort to make actual levels, even if they sucked.

Nonsensical as it may be, it always makes me happy to see that people remember DRE.

15 hours ago, sincity2100 said:

Not all of them, there are some slaughermaps that are fun, Go 2 it from Plutonia , Fear from Scythe 1 , For We Are Many from CC3...

But I meant only crazy slaughtermaps...i love Scythe,Scythe 2,Alien Vendetta ecc...Go 2 It Is one of My favorite map.

Oh I forgot one more. Pinochestein 3D

Huge enemy spam at your face. No creative enemy encounters. Tedium & borefest. Ugly map design. Short-sighted AI.

Absolute sewage.