Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

3 hours ago, IRod54 said:

OK I guess I'll just shelve this then, Ive enjoyed my time as a map maker but Im just not going to risk any backlash if this was released

Just lecture me what maps to cut out and I'll do that http://www.mediafire.com/file/aml0bbn3a2f60ws/jthdemo2.zip/file

Wow man great job on the new demo 

Plus were did the map02 midi came from or I'm talking to the wrong guy who made journey to hell

3 hours ago, IRod54 said:

OK I guess I'll just shelve this then, Ive enjoyed my time as a map maker but Im just not going to risk any backlash if this was released

Andy was taking a dump on you, yes, but didn't say stop. 

I've taken some pretty lolzy risks here, and eaten loads of shit for them. Should I retreat in shame? For my own mental health, probably. But eh, I'd rather be "that guy who does/says [stupid thing] occasionally" than "that guy who took his ball and went back home".

dont want to put words into Andy's mouth so correct me if I'm wrong but I interpreted it as a challenge to be more original. You can either take on his challenge, or ignore his challenge, or give up on the map(s)/mapping. That last option is the worst of all imo

caveat: despite AV having technically a "no derivative works" clause, I'm a fan of derivative works/tributes/remixes and so on. While I don't encourage ignoring these clauses, I personally do not hesitate (as long as the derivative work is also free)

4 hours ago, IRod54 said:

Just lecture me what maps to cut out and I'll do that http://www.mediafire.com/file/aml0bbn3a2f60ws/jthdemo2.zip/file

No, I'm not going to lecture you on what to cut, I gave my advice as a generalized idea; I'm simply proposing more originality as the way to go, since I see little point in remaking existing areas, especially if there's no obvious visual improvement.

There's a difference between being inspired and rehashing several areas. It's simply a question of "why" from me, when the latter is the case in excess.

At the end of the day as long as you're having fun with it you can go in whatever direction you want. I maintain you'll have a better and more interesting product if it's the result of your own creativity. And you seem fully capable of making fresh areas with interesting architecture.

I'm not going to participate in a "please don't quit" petition by trying to pull you back in through sugar coating your feelings or pandering to a repeated need for approval (common, you already did that defeatist dance back in 2010 over the same project with the same sticking point). You can take advice or leave advice, in either case it's just ment to be that.

Good luck one way or the other, the more maps and the more mappers the merrier!

17 minutes ago, Andy Johnsen said:

No, I'm not going to lecture you on what to cut, I gave my advice as a generalized idea; I'm simply proposing more originality as the way to go, since I see little point in remaking existing areas, especially if there's no obvious visual improvement.

There's a difference between being inspired and rehashing several areas. It's simply a question of "why" from me, when the latter is the case in excess.

At the end of the day as long as you're having fun with it you can go in whatever direction you want. I maintain you'll have a better and more interesting product if it's the result of your own creativity. And you seem fully capable of making fresh areas with interesting architecture.

I'm not going to participate in a "please don't quit" petition by trying to pull you back in through sugar coating your feelings or pandering to a repeated need for approval (common, you already did that defeatist dance back in 2010 over the same project with the same sticking point). You can take advice or leave advice, in either case it's just ment to be that.

Good luck one way or the other, the more maps and the more mappers the merrier!

Thanks, no question I will keep doing my best and certainly coming up with my own   ideas, this advice will continue to make me better 

2 hours ago, haruko haruhara said:

Wow man great job on the new demo 

Plus were did the map02 midi came from or I'm talking to the wrong guy who made journey to hell

Map 4 of Speed of Doom 

My progress so far with MAP14: Home for the Holidaius in Jazz Jackrabbit Doom

I personally haven't made much progress lately due to my personal life, but I'll eventually get this map finished soon.

My main focus currently is getting the themed enemies for this map.

Here's one of the enemies for this map. It's the "Ski Turtle" and he's a WIP.

I got the front view of him so far and still needs more work.

SkiTurtle.png.7ff6fd563870fd667c8a3ca7d1b2e943.png

qwe.png.3823123566260980c57c85749020bfcd.png

asd.png.da9b5cc7471e5a873729f6c2412f43d4.png

Hol5.png.6d386d2cc4e640818b4819f871eaa371.png

Hey guys just a quick question. What does the soulsphere, megasphere, invisible sphere and invincibility sphere icons mean?

Episode progress. This is the most difficult level I've worked on for this WAD so far. Really having a hard time with direction. Even after a few days off from working on it. But I'll get it.

Also Composed a MIDI track as use for the title screen and possibly a level track. Tell me what you think? Aubrey Hodges big inspiration of mine when it comes to my electronic music. Love dark drone! Thinking about creating an entire original MIDI OST for this.

creep.zip

Hall way hub of the skin temple.

Screenshot_Doom_20200212_164157.png.a6a49986a7a8e3bb3b9cc9ff2e84a6f1.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200212_163111.png.4064e0445114c86a1fa6b5f5e3a32e23.png

An image of the crawling chaos carved and immortalized in stone.

Screenshot_Doom_20200212_171410.png.b67989c2192ddee0255e7738392986e7.png

Edited by Dubbagdarrel

41 minutes ago, 00_Zombie_00 said:

I have added ambient sounds

I was concerned about the lack of baby cries (the most striking component in other PSX soundtracks), but I watched the whole clip and was reassured. 

4 hours ago, Dubbagdarrel said:

Episode progress. This is the most difficult level I've worked on for this WAD so far. Really having a hard time with direction. Even after a few days off from working on it. But I'll get it.

Also Composed a MIDI track as use for the title screen and possibly a level track. Tell me what you think? Aubrey Hodges big inspiration of mine when it comes to my electronic music. Love dark drone! Thinking about creating an entire original MIDI OST for this.

creep.zip

Hall way hub of the skin temple.

Screenshot_Doom_20200212_164157.png.a6a49986a7a8e3bb3b9cc9ff2e84a6f1.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200212_163111.png.4064e0445114c86a1fa6b5f5e3a32e23.png

An image of the crawling chaos carved and immortalized in stone.

Screenshot_Doom_20200212_171410.png.b67989c2192ddee0255e7738392986e7.png

Dude, please tell me the eyes texture is animated and they are constantly blinking!

My progress for the day!

I am holding off designing the custom enemy sprites for this map, for now, till I am complete with this map.

Since I'm new to sprite designing and I'm a perfectionist, it'll take longer. lol

hol9.jpg.5bdaf8a259ad53c42132f7397f973a5d.jpg

hol8.jpg.88649341d05a444888b0c4ef3b9fcf43.jpg

hol7.png.057f7d50451e67925e1ea0c85e574411.png

Another short testing video, this time for MA06 Chaos Circuit.  Still in very early stages of design.

EDIT: I think I will make the tops of the pillars impassable so you can't use them to escape the drop in lock in.

EDIT 2: I did not make them blocking, but I enlarged the drop area and moved the pillars further out.  You can still straferun and get on top of one while the floor drops, but you dont have room to jump back across to saftey.

Edited by guitardz

4 minutes ago, guitardz said:

Another short testing video, this time for MA06 Chaos Circuit.  Still in very early stages of design.

That was killer! Looking forward for more!

On 2/12/2020 at 6:03 PM, guitardz said:

Dude, please tell me the eyes texture is animated and they are constantly blinking!

sorry but no. there are other textures that follow for an animation of this particular one, but I can;t figure out how to get them to run in sequence and actually move like an animated texture

Edited by Dubbagdarrel

23 hours ago, Dubbagdarrel said:

sorry but no. there are other textures that follow for an animation of this particular one, but I can;t figure out how to get them to run in sequence and actually move like an animated texture

There is an animated version of this texture in MISCTEX. You should look there.

9 hours ago, Lorenz0 said:

There is an animated version of this texture in MISCTEX. You should look there.

where's that at? I googled it didn't find anything.

Planning to start work on my Zone 300 sequel soon which I'll hope to have released by November. It's going to rock that is for sure! Aiming for interconnected design in all maps. It is good fun making small maps.

7 hours ago, Dubbagdarrel said:

where's that at? I googled it didn't find anything.

At the bottom of this page