Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MFG38

Luciferian Lust - A 2-hour Valentine's Day speedmap

luclust.png.1f0658bfe6bcd6a011b9a1bb897321c4.png

Luciferian Lust is a loosely Hell-themed 2-hour speedmap made in Valentine's Day of 2020. The map includes 42 demons to kill - the catch is that you have to manage it with no health or armor given to you other than a soulsphere and a green armor, as well as a few (and I *do* mean few) health and armor bonuses scattered across the map.

Essential information:

IWAD: doom2.wad
Port: limit-removing (may also work in vanilla but untested)
Map #: MAP01
Mode(s): Single-player only
Difficulty settings: Not implemented
Tested with: Crispy Doom 5.4, GZDoom 4.2.4
Estimated play time: 2-3 minutes

DOWNLOAD

Enjoy!

Edited by MFG38

I decided to give this a go. It's exciting enough knowing there's not much health, but I'll be honest: it's not hard at all. This is the type of map that doesn't really have anything remotely "cheap" or "luck-based" at all, so it's okay to punish the player for not being good enough. I think a simple difficulty implementation for starters would be remove all health and armor from hard and remove all health from medium.

26 minutes ago, Benjogami said:

Here's a pack of demos that I had a good time making: luclust_demos.zip

Those were some cool demos! I was particularly impressed by the 20-second UV-Speed run. Much appreciated! c:

Well, I felt the Luciferian lust to try and beat @Benjogami's UV speedrun. I really can't explain why. 

18 seconds though, baby!! Shaving those 2 seconds off felt monumentally painful, haha. I see why the RNG behind monster movement is so impactful -- that crowd in the Red Skull room was a make or break cluster of misery.

luclust_RJD_uvspeed.zip (.lmp for prboom+)

(Very cool speedmap by the way, MFG!)

30 minutes ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Well, I felt the Luciferian lust to try and beat @Benjogami's UV speedrun. I really can't explain why. 

18 seconds though, baby!! Shaving those 2 seconds off felt monumentally painful, haha. I see why the RNG behind monster movement is so impactful -- that crowd in the Red Skull room was a make or break cluster of misery.

luclust_RJD_uvspeed.zip (.lmp for prboom+)

(Very cool speedmap by the way, MFG!)

Goddamn, just when I thought 20 seconds was the fastest time possible... :P

In all seriousness, that was an awesome run! And I'm glad you liked the map!

Nice little map but I think the intro is just a tad dickish, throwing multiple former sergeants in near point blank range right at the start of the map. Outside of that, this map is fine in terms of difficulty. Never felt like I was struggling to survive (in fact I still had over 100% hp by the end).

Simple little hell map with some basic designs. Bonus, it's 100% vanilla compatibile! (At least according to choccy doot at any rate :P).

I know this is not the most post-worthy update, but I figured I might as well anyway.

With the realization that my full name has been more or less public knowledge for a while in some parts of the Internet - and that I actually wrote it into the readme file of a couple of my prior works - I decided to take the time to update the readme files of all my Doom wads with consistent author info. That is, instead of either "MFG38/H3llraich" or just "MFG38", the readme files for all of my works now state my full name and the MFG38 nickname in the Author section. Of course, this means that the readme of Luciferian Lust too got said treatment.

With that, the last references to my old nickname H3llraich have been removed, at least from my own works. Perhaps this information will also be useful in case the H3llraich page on the Doom Wiki ever gets updated. Or better yet, if a new page with my current nickname gets created and the old H3llraich page redirects to the hypothetical new one.