Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FortressOfDoom

Battlemode new footage

Still looks poor & cheap, game mechanics(that sells this game) is awesome but BattleMode isn't.

My main concern was that the demons would be unbalanced vs the Slayer and that playing as a demon wouldn't be as interesting, but I was pleasantly surprised after seeing the video. That's why I have *hope* that id has thought through the problems that tend to accompany assymetric multiplayer. I wonder if they'll have other modes in addition to the main 2v1, maybe a version of CTF.

8 hours ago, FortressOfDoom said:

My main concern was that the demons would be unbalanced vs the Slayer and that playing as a demon wouldn't be as interesting, but I was pleasantly surprised after seeing the video. That's why I have *hope* that id has thought through the problems that tend to accompany assymetric multiplayer. I wonder if they'll have other modes in addition to the main 2v1, maybe a version of CTF.

Looks like they don't wanna spend time for MP, CTF isn't so easy to realize... But they still can add some sort of Clan Arena - it must be better than nothing. Doomslayer vs. doomslayer is that people really need, for sure. This game must be alive.

21 hours ago, qdash said:

Still looks poor & cheap, game mechanics(that sells this game) is awesome but BattleMode isn't.

People are just sick and tired of the same Battle Royale/Team Deathmatch from CoD, Battlefield and every game made after 2010 being pumped out year after year after year.

About time someone did something different.

Just now, jazzmaster9 said:

People are just sick and tired of the same Battle Royale/Team Deathmatch from CoD, Battlefield and every game made after 2010 being pumped out year after year. About time someone did something different.

Agreed, they tried to do something with deathmatch and it was frankly a mess at launch, which kinda killed any lasting online population.

This however looks a lot better and a LOT more balanced than 2016 was.

If you can play as the Marauder on the demon side, then I'd say that's pretty close to Slayer vs Slayer if recently released footage is anything to go by.

I wonder what demon abilities besides the PE shield and Manc fireball smoke will exist on Battlemode that aren't in the campaign.

I remember 2016 giving the Caco a long tongue attack and some more.

A good way to make sure this multiplayer can last is being able to play it offline, with bots.

19 hours ago, jazzmaster9 said:

People are just sick and tired of the same Battle Royale/Team Deathmatch from CoD, Battlefield and every game made after 2010 being pumped out year after year after year.

About time someone did something different.

If something different is really good it's OK, but if not...

1) I can't mind how to play in BattleMode without any rating system, it will be really pain in the ass, because of random noobs.

2) No powerups, no items, no special rules, spawning mobs isn't important at all. It's all feels unfinished...

7 minutes ago, qdash said:

If something different is really good it's OK, but if not...

1) I can't mind how to play in BattleMode without any rating system, it will be really pain in the ass, because of random noobs.

2) No powerups, no items, no special rules, spawning mobs isn't important at all. It's all feels unfinished...

I mean unless you have a special advance copy of DE we cannot know for sure if its good. But its something different rather than playing safe i.e releasing the same game mode year after year and adding "-insert name here- Warfare"

10 hours ago, jazzmaster9 said:

I mean unless you have a special advance copy of DE we cannot know for sure if its good. But its something different rather than playing safe i.e releasing the same game mode year after year and adding "-insert name here- Warfare"

BattleMode isn't risky because right now it looks like they don't wanna spend much money for multiplayer. Just wait and see that happens...

1 hour ago, qdash said:

BattleMode isn't risky because right now it looks like they don't wanna spend much money for multiplayer. 

Yeah cuz making Deathmatch for the millionth time is risky...

People buy that year after year even if looks the same year after year.

The concept of Human vs Player-controlled Monsters isn't exactly something new, Natural Selection had it, Bioshock 2 Multiplayer had the Big Daddy suit, and Doom 2016 also had the demon rune transformations (they seem to be turning into a central mechanic now, with some new demons) but it's better than having another generic FFA or TDM that will likely end up not getting much support or won't bring much interest, it's unusual enough and isn't done by a lot of games.

Edited by sluggard

Im more interested in the "invasions" mechanic. Havent seen anything about that since E3 (afaik). The only thing ive heard was that one player who got a recent look at the game said it "wasn't enabled" in his demo. Hard to know what the status is.

2 hours ago, whirledtsar said:

Im more interested in the "invasions" mechanic. Havent seen anything about that since E3 (afaik). The only thing ive heard was that one player who got a recent look at the game said it "wasn't enabled" in his demo. Hard to know what the status is.

I really hope they don't drop it, can't wait to recieve death threats for ending people's ultra nightmare run x3

3 hours ago, whirledtsar said:

Im more interested in the "invasions" mechanic.

Same here, especially with how much fun the mechanic is in the Dark Souls games.

On 2/17/2020 at 1:10 AM, xdarkmasterx said:

I really hope they don't drop it, can't wait to recieve death threats for ending people's ultra nightmare run x3

I'm still interested in forming part of those Slayer-hunting parties they mentioned ages back.