Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheRedTide

The artbook for Doom Eternal has been leaked

Spoiler

Also i wonder if the fat tentacle royal demon is representative of the sin of gluttony or something, i feel like these "royal" demons could represent deadly sins like that.

I also find the IOS armor interesting because it means even though his design is mostly based off the classic one, he still has a new design at the same time.

HEAVY SPOILERS WARNING!!!!

So I have the whole book. There's still tons of questions, which is good....

That hooded dude is nowhere to be found, neither those 3 maykrs. Well one of them is, the white speared one, he is a 'maykr deacon'. So the other 2 are perhaps priest and bishop? No mention of a seraphim dude or a wretch. No angels. There is 'maykr archangel' but it looks more like a piece of architecture than a living breathing thing (i think all of urdak, like hell, is sentient).

Then there's still no information on that hell priest cutscene with the og helmet, or that amulet that helped killed the priest, however lots of words implying doomslayer has been through all of the previous games already in an alternate timeline/universe. Where the slayer went to after d2016 seems to be 'cast into the void'. How he came back or found his fortress, no info. There's a concept art titled 'slayer creation room' in urdak (wth!!!) 

I still don't know at all if the dude saying 'lets move quickly' and 'only you, rip and tear' is novik or the red hood dude or someone else :/

There is a named archdemon but will we meet him in the campaign? Who knows. Lots of reference to doom episode 3 with this dude! (Dis, babel, erebus)

Lots of unused concept art, looks sick. Especially these 2 dudes near the end of the book standing on slipgates, like different versions of the marauder, one with an arachnotron style cannon in his hand looking like a zerg dude from sc, and another one looking like an undead horned version of king novik (looks sick).

Turns out the IOS is actually the betrayers son, and the marauder(s!) are returned undead elite sentinels from the rival sentinel faction allied with hell (khan maykr created a rift in sentinel society and a civil war, plus a war with hell. It seems originally they wanted to conquer hell for its argent energy, and later they did the opposite: a pact with hell where hell would provide argent energy and maykrs would

provide souls for hell. That is what I understood)

No mention or concepts of those dragons seen in that popular ' Doom slayer leading his sentinel army' art piece.

The icon of sin .... many different concepts. One with a head only in an arena exactly like in doom2, others with a full body, some organic, some fully metal. Can't figure out which one is in the final game.

37 minutes ago, DanceMonkey said:

That hooded dude is nowhere to be found, neither those 3 maykrs. Well one of them is, the white speared one, he is a 'maykr deacon'. So the other 2 are perhaps priest and bishop? No mention of a seraphim dude or a wretch. No angels. There is 'maykr archangel' but it looks more like a piece of architecture than a living breathing thing (i think all of urdak, like hell, is sentient).

Then there's still no information on that hell priest cutscene with the og helmet, or that amulet that helped killed the priest, however lots of words implying doomslayer has been through all of the previous games already in an alternate timeline/universe. Where the slayer went to after d2016 seems to be 'cast into the void'. How he came back or found his fortress, no info. There's a concept art titled 'slayer creation room' in urdak (wth!!!) 

I still don't know at all if the dude saying 'lets move quickly' and 'only you, rip and tear' is novik or the red hood dude or someone else :/

There is a named archdemon but will we meet him in the campaign? Who knows. Lots of reference to doom episode 3 with this dude! (Dis, babel, erebus)

Lots of unused concept art, looks sick. Especially these 2 dudes near the end of the book standing on slipgates, like different versions of the marauder, one with an arachnotron style cannon in his hand looking like a zerg dude from sc, and another one looking like an undead horned version of king novik (looks sick).

Turns out the IOS is actually the betrayers son, and the marauder(s!) are returned undead elite sentinels from the rival sentinel faction allied with hell (khan maykr created a rift in sentinel society and a civil war, plus a war with hell. It seems originally they wanted to conquer hell for its argent energy, and later they did the opposite: a pact with hell where hell would provide argent energy and maykrs would

No mention or concepts of those dragons seen in that popular ' Doom slayer leading his sentinel army' art piece.

The icon of sin .... many different concepts. One with a head only in an arena exactly like in doom2, others with a full body, some organic, some fully metal. Can't figure out which one is in the final game.

In regards to your last statement, the IOS will be of the 'armoured' variety. The very same entity we see swinging an arm over the Slayer in the second story trailer and the entity we see at the end of the first story trailer.

41 minutes ago, DanceMonkey said:

Pretty sure the full body metal pic is the final game mode or less, that’s what it looks like in Trailer 2 at least.

ninja’d

On 2/14/2020 at 10:23 AM, Chaddyboy said:

Okay, I'm not looking looking because I don't want spoilers for the plot or bosses, nor specifics. I just want to know: have any more enemies been confirmed besides what was already seen?

Well that depends on what you consider to have been seen? I can confirm however that the book maintains some glaring omissions, nothing story related has been revealed, past what has already been deduced from trailers and officially released material. However, I can see how a concrete answer to speculation can be considered a spoiler.

30 minutes ago, Midas-22 said:

Well that depends on what you consider to have been seen? I can confirm however that the book maintains some glaring omissions, nothing story related has been revealed, past what has already been deduced from trailers and officially released material. However, I can see how a concrete answer to speculation can be considered a spoiler.

Yeah its almost as if id knew it was going to be leaked or even did it (tinfoil hat!) for marketing reasons, I mean I have more answers than questions still!

49 minutes ago, Midas-22 said:

In regards to your last statement, the IOS will be of the 'armoured' variety. The very same entity we see swinging an arm over the Slayer in the second story trailer and the entity we see at the end of the first story trailer.

Yeah I was thinking there could be a part where he is stuck to the wall and then phase 2, he breaks free. Would be super cool

2 minutes ago, DanceMonkey said:

Yeah its almost as if id knew it was going to be leaked or even did it (tinfoil hat!) for marketing reasons, I mean I have more answers than questions still!

I feel the same way. The leaked art book provided some context, but again, more questions arise. 

6 hours ago, DanceMonkey said:

Thanks for sharing. Is there any mention of the sentinel mechs that look like the slayer? Anything on the Crucible? Thanks!

Spoiler

Told some of you guys the IoS was the betrayer's son lol. The 2016 Codex did the run on sentence as a form of emphasis. There was no way their goal was to introduce confusion with that sentence. The goal was clearly to introduce the IoS as both the infernal weapon and the betrayer's son.

Edited by ecs34

1 hour ago, ecs34 said:

Hide contents

Told some of you guys the IoS was the betrayer's son lol. The 2016 Codex did the run on sentence as a form of emphasis. There was no way their goal was to introduce confusion with that sentence. The goal was clearly to introduce the IoS as both the infernal weapon and the betrayer's son.

Or just add wiggle room from changing things later, since 2016’s story was literally written last minute. The entrees are worded that way are mostly for that reason.

On 2/13/2020 at 5:56 AM, Revenant100 said:

I'm not sure how long that picture will survive here, but I can confirm at a glance that the aforementioned concept art of DoomEternalguy's face is, indeed, lacking Doomguy's proper sprite aspect ratio correction.

Eh, just view your monitor slightly from the side - aspect ratio issue fixed.

20 hours ago, Heejyhorang said:

Thanks for sharing. Is there any mention of the sentinel mechs that look like the slayer? Anything on the Crucible? Thanks!

There are concepts of both, but no text behind them.

EDIT: There is concept art of Hayden's crucible in the new Argent Tower, I guess it was used to power Earth again, and thus the invasion began again. (plus the priests' blood ritual)

As for the new crucible, it is needed to take down the IOS and I guess he gets it at Sentinel Prime or Taras Nabad.

Edited by DanceMonkey

17 hours ago, DanceMonkey said:

There are concepts of both, but no text behind them.

EDIT: There is concept art of Hayden's crucible in the new Argent Tower, I guess it was used to power Earth again, and thus the invasion began again. (plus the priests' blood ritual)

As for the new crucible, it is needed to take down the IOS and I guess he gets it at Sentinel Prime or Taras Nabad.

Thanks!! is there any indication to whether or not the Slayer will be piloting a mech or not?

31 minutes ago, Heejyhorang said:

Thanks!! is there any indication to whether or not the Slayer will be piloting a mech or not?

None.

1 hour ago, thewormofautumn said:

The same book that was linked earlier (the whole CBR) or something else?

Art of doom eternal.

lorebook with collectors edition will be something else

3 hours ago, Heejyhorang said:

No, but

There are mechs and then there are .... gigantic insect like / dinosaur things with legs and shoulder cannons that are easily ten times larger than the sentinel mechs. (There are also smallish and large 'normal' sentinel mechs, and these things are larger than all). Argent d'nur is said to have a lot of sprawling uninhabitable / unexplored areas and fearsome beasts / primordial evils. Not sure what is the difference between sentinel prime and argent d'nur / argenta. The latter is referred to as a planet in the book, not just a capital, and the former also seems to be a planet in the game with the above mentioned 5 locations spread across its continents.

Then there are the Earths Arc mechs which are normal robot like.

Edited by DanceMonkey

11 minutes ago, DanceMonkey said:

No, but

There are mechs and then there are .... gigantic insect like / dinosaur things with legs and shoulder cannons that are easily ten times larger than the sentinel mechs. (There are also smallish and large 'normal' sentinel mechs, and these things are larger than all). Argent d'nur is said to have a lot of sprawling uninhabitable / unexplored areas and fearsome beasts / primordial evils. Not sure what is the difference between sentinel prime and argent d'nur / argenta. The latter is referred to as a planet in the book, not just a capital, and the former also seems to be a planet in the game with the above mentioned 5 locations spread across its continents.

The pictures of those are actually pretty badass to look at, ngl.

5 hours ago, Heejyhorang said:

In the art book, not really, but there is a huge mech in the Fortress of Doooooooom!!! and IMO it wouldn't be there if you don't get to use it.

On 2/15/2020 at 3:59 PM, ecs34 said:

Hide contents

No one knew 100% though. We can't give you a medal for it, sorry. I could go do the same with the guys who thought the Slayer was the Betrayer.

7 hours ago, DanceMonkey said:

No, but

Whaaaaat! 10 times bigger than the mechs/titans we've seen in the gameplays and trailers? I would assume that those planet busting size insect dinos things are extinct and are there to add to the lore/scale of the game.

I just don't see how they would implement Mech combat and have it make sense in Doom. It just feels like it would trivialize on foot combat If you can just hop in your trusty giant mexh. Also, if there is some kind of mech combat I'm sure it would only be for a big set piece or something,  but the costs to develop gameplay on the scale of massive mechs would require a crazy amount of resources which would make it not worth it to develop for just a segment or 2....who knows, ID could be insane.  This all definitely makes the game's epic levels go through the roof that's for sure.

14 hours ago, Gez said:

In the art book, not really, but there is a huge mech in the Fortress of Doooooooom!!! and IMO it wouldn't be there if you don't get to use it.

I still think it's there for world building. Maybe one of the DLCs we will play as someone who needs to use a mech...

20 hours ago, DanceMonkey said:

Art of doom eternal.

lorebook with collectors edition will be something else

that’s what I meant. Many of us already have the ebook which was leaked last week. Is what you have different via other means or the same CBR file?

1 hour ago, Gerardo194 said:

Have both Hugo or id Software themselves confirmed this new leak is fake or wrong or whatever??

It's 100% legit, the artbook I mean. I have the whole thing here downloaded with me.

29 minutes ago, TheRedTide said:

It's 100% legit, the artbook I mean. I have the whole thing here downloaded with me.

I see... I wonder who could have done this. I guess id must be mad at it.

20 hours ago, Heejyhorang said:

I still think it's there for world building. Maybe one of the DLCs we will play as someone who needs to use a mech...

I wonder what other characters could we play as.

I hope the potential female character is Quake 3's Crash.

I hope she's not forgotten after the thing where Whiplash was said to be the first female demons, but now everyone already pointed out a lot of times, so that topic can be put to rest.

5 hours ago, Gerardo194 said:

Have both Hugo or id Software themselves confirmed this new leak is fake or wrong or whatever??

A lot of it looks good enough to not be fanart and the IOS' armor even resembles what you saw in that E3 trailer.

Plus some videos and Mega links were taken down.

I just hope it doesn't lead them to delay the game again or cut/remove content/ideas just because some people saw them too early.

I want the fat demonic king to stay, damn it.