Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Krawa

ZDS #650 - HeXen DMC Deathmatch

zds-hexen_dm.png

Hello ZDaemon Sessions Deathmatch People,
This weekend we will play HeXen DMC Deathmatch for ZDS.
DMC is a compilation of Hexen Deathmatch maps from /idgames.
So grab your Hammer of Retribution, Firestorm, Wraithverge
and all the items and join the fun!

Settings:
Game Mode: FFA
IWAD: hexen.wad
PWADs: hexen-dmc zds_addon_music05 zds_addon_99 zvox8
Wad url: http://82.165.69.26/wads
Maps: 02-05, 07-16
DMFLAGS: 21700 / 131072 / 0
Players: 16 + 16 spect slots
Skill: 4 // Archmage
Fraglimit: 40
Timelimit: 8

Date: February 15th, 2020
Euro: 19:30 GMT / 1:30 pm CDT
US: 01:00 GMT / 7:00 pm CDT

I'm a little unclear on the time.

Euro based server up 2:30 PM US Eastern Time on Saturday 15th it seems.

but...

US based server up 8 PM US Eastern Time / 1 AM GMT but is the GMT or CDT (central/mountain time?) the 15th?

01:00 GMT on the 15th is still the 14th before midnight in the US.   Or is the US server up Saturday night the 15th making the GMT the 16th?

So is the US server up right now, or tomorrow?

EDIT: Apparently all Saturday.   Be there or be drawn and quartered!

Edited by Gokuma

I'm guessing that was the Euro server earlier or maybe the US midnight or later.   I played a good 3 hours and it was almost all fighter all the time.   I switched to mage when someone else did once and got slaughtered when a bunch of fighters suddenly joined.   There was a bot here and there so I don't know who were all players.  Went back to fighter and quickly got my revenge.  Saw a cleric.  I can't remember ever playing Hexen deathmatch like this but I quickly learned a lot of its balances and I had already set my config to be able to use lots of items easily in the heat of battle.  Seems the Mage is just too slow and weak to keep fighters from butchering him unless a map allows him to use his advantages better.   The Cleric seems really good as long as he's able to get a weapon quickly.   He's otherwise screwed with his starting weapon.

Got dominating a few times and even Unstoppable.   Someone was accusing me of cheating.   It was a great time but those the maps could have been a lot better.   They're made plenty good quality but just need their flow opened up much better and less cumbersome.    And they could use more weapons #2 and 3 and crystal vials lying around.   Trying to navigate mazes most of the time and find just anything to use really takes away from good deathmatches.   Also I think air control was set to absolute zero instead of a minuscule fraction.   People had trouble getting out of some shallow pits because you had to back up and get momentum or else you just jumped straight up when against a short wall and they thought they were stuck.

On 2/16/2020 at 4:16 PM, Gokuma said:

I'm guessing that was the Euro server earlier or maybe the US midnight or later.

Typically ZDaemon events are housed at 2 different times, 1 catering towards Euro players on a Euro server, and the other catering towards US players on a US server, where the time starts at about 19:00 in the respective timezone of the server. If it is on the weekend I usually make the Euro session as it is nice and early in the afternoon for me.

Overall a fun experience. It is cool trying out DM with other iwads :D

Yeah I can see right away the Euro server had more people and it was probably a better server as well.   The US one had four people most of the time, but there was an occasional bot in there, and server lagged sometimes with only that many people.   Some were complaining about it.   It was still pretty reliable and a great time.   Wish I was home while the Euro one was going on.