Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PeterMoro

Paint select in visual mode

Question

I've been trying to figure out how to paint-select in visual mode. I've seen it done before but I can't figure it out. I'm using UDB. My paint select key is configured to the mouse button, which is default. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? 

10 answers to this question

Please be aware that paint select in classic modes and visual mode are two distinct actions:

grafik.png.2caa1b7dd555704679ac6105645269b8.png

Sorry to be annoying but (following the above link) i downloaded the latest version of GZDB-bugfix (-r3107) and paint select in visual mode isn't working for me. Any trouble shooting ideas? Really wanna have this feature. 

1 hour ago, Kappes Buur said:

I tried in all formats, no problem.

Thanks very much for your efforts. I've tried it again and unfortunately it's still not working in visual mode. Makes no sense. Works fine in normal editing mode. I even changed the command from to "P", just like yours, still no result. Works normally but not in visual mode. Oh well, guess I'll just have to get over it : (

Perhaps I have the wrong version??...I noticed that i don't have Sound Environment mode. (like yours) I'll try a few different versions.

Edited by PeterMoro : addition

I don't know what could be the cause of your problem, but I had to change my key to ?.

In my case I can use Paint Selection in the Visual Mode but not in the Editing Mode.

Strange that is.

I tried changing the command to ?...but it didn't work. Works fine in normal editing mode though.

Hmmm I'll try a few other other versions of GZDB and if they don't work, I think I'll give up. Very grateful for your help, however. Thanks.