Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HombreSal

Is Doom 3 good?

I don't think I can even bring myself to try modern doom, or any modern games for that matter. I like Doom 2 so much I know playing anything newer would feel very wrong to me

I'm an old man and stuck in my ways

What a bait thread.

It is a good game but it is not doom, it's something entirely different. For me, Doom stopped after 2 and I agree with what the poster above said.

It's a great game and I am going to disagree with above posters and say that it's way more DOOM than people give it credit for. It's a different take on DOOM, sure, but then, Playstation DOOM and DOOM 64 were darker, moodier takes on the series and DOOM 3 feels like a natural evolution of that. Is it a flawless game? Hell no, got some notable flaws. Is it a good game? Hell yeah. If you want something that's different, go for OG DOOM 3. If you want something just a tad closer to the first two games, go for the BFG Edition.

I agree with Allard.

its a different flavour of Doom. It’s one one of those games where you know if you’ll like it after the first couple of levels. 

No. It's a tech demo for stuff that was impressive in 2004.

The gameplay is mostly walking down dark hallways from one jumpscare to the next, then filling enemies with too many bullets, then repeating until done.

It's by far the worst shooter in the series.

Doom 64 > The Ultimate Doom + Sigil > Doom II + Master Levels + NRFTL > Doom 2016 > Final Doom > Doom VFR >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Doom 3