Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Super Mighty G

PRO DOOM 3

That's not a PRO by a longshot. 

He does not understands that a headshot is better than a bodyshot , and blames it on an RNG which I think it might be inexistent (I'm not sure). 

He does not understand how to approach monsters, claims the tentacle from commando is mostly unavoidable. In reality that's one of the more fun monsters of Doom 3 to play with. 

Does not know how to avoid monster attacks

And with all that, he died only a few times on Veteran, barely escaping with few HP after each encounter. Talk about luck

Good stuff as usual, even though he got some things wrong, like Razvan pointed above. Headshots do matter here, and we're no longer in RNG territory.

I don't see why he left the expansions for another video though, considering that he covered expansions in other videos - see DNF for instance. He also didn't go into too much detail about the BFG Edition either, I wonder if he's going to cover that later in more depth.

Pretty disappointed by the fact that he's probably not going to cover TNT at all though, I think he's not giving it enough credit this time around. I mean yeah sure, it's not brilliant, but at least 20 maps or so are actually good and there's enough things to talk about, yet he refuses to do so because it'd be too boring to watch... Shame... 

Edited by seed

7 hours ago, seed said:

Pretty disappointed by the fact that he's probably not going to cover TNT at all though, I think he's not giving it enough credit this time around. I mean yeah sure, it's not brilliant, but at least 20 maps or so are actually good and there's enough things to talk about, yet he refuses to do so because it'd be too boring to watch... Shame... 

What a shame, he made PRO Thy Flesh Consumed, wich has less material to work with than TNT, pretty sure that by "too boring to watch" he meant "i don't give a shit about TNT, so i can't be assed to make a video about this, stop asking me to do it".

^^ Yeah...kinda sad that more people don't like TNT tbh...or Master Levels for Doom II for that matter. If you are gonna cover Doom, do it right ya know?

So Doom 64 was Pro-ish, maybe because the lack of a true source port? Yet this is Pro-Doom 3 and yet a lot of people don't like Doom 3 but i actually do. Yet when i play it now i do play the BFG Edition as i've had enough of the flashlight bullshit, even if that is a main feature of the game haha! Actually, Doom 3 and the expansion ROE are the first boxed PC games i've bought recently since i started buying a few physical copies of PC games as they are a much cheaper to find complete than The Ultimate Doom or Doom II so yeah, i'm a fan still of the original.

Anyways, i still liked the video. I've never actually played on Veteran before. Hell, the first time i played Doom 3 was on Xbox and it actually kinda scared the shit outta me just as Doom 64 did when i was even younger lol.

On 2/15/2020 at 2:49 AM, PaulRazvan95 said:

He does not understands that a headshot is better than a bodyshot 

Is there any difference in Doom 3 in which part of the body to shoot?  I always thought that any monster can be killed in the little finger of the left foot in the same way as in the head.

2 hours ago, Pankrat said:

Is there any difference in Doom 3 in which part of the body to shoot?  I always thought that any monster can be killed in the little finger of the left foot in the same way as in the head.

Headshots do double the damage on most enemies. The rest of the body takes normal damage. Same deal with Quake 4, though the Tank enemy has a thick skull and only takes 1.5x extra damage from headshots.

Actually Doom 3 has scale damage, you can scale the damage of head/torso/arms/legs. 

On 2/16/2020 at 10:26 AM, Solmyr said:

What a shame, he made PRO Thy Flesh Consumed, wich has less material to work with than TNT, pretty sure that by "too boring to watch" he meant "i don't give a shit about TNT, so i can't be assed to make a video about this, stop asking me to do it".

Thy Flesh consume had a lot more high and low spots than TNT. Evilution was pretty much "just okay" for the entirety of the set while Ep4 had spikes of Difficulty and dullness.

4 hours ago, jazzmaster9 said:

Thy Flesh consume had a lot more high and low spots than TNT. Evilution was pretty much "just okay" for the entirety of the set while Ep4 had spikes of Difficulty and dullness.

The point remains though - it was far more content to work with - 32 maps vs 9, + trivia about the megawad and so on...

There was plenty to discuss, but he's just not interested in covering it at all. A waste but hey, the man does what he wants.

I have played these but i personally like the Og series better:

TNT- 6%= Brutal AF for me, (since i'm a casual doom player)

Evilternity- 20%= Not to bad but lost interest after the first 5 levels

Plutonia- This one can just fuck off somewhere else IMO

Never played Final Doom or Master Levels, (where the hell do you even get a Digital version of the wads?)

1 hour ago, Morpheus666 said:

I have played these but i personally like the Og series better:

TNT- 6%= Brutal AF for me, (since i'm a casual doom player)

Plutonia- This one can just fuck off somewhere else IMO

Never played Final Doom or Master Levels, (where the hell do you even get a Digital version of the wads?)

Final Doom is TNT + Plutonia...

Evilternity doesn't exist.

The Doom II package on GOG.com contains both Final Doom and the Master Levels in addition to Doom II.

8 hours ago, jazzmaster9 said:

Yeah but still it doesn't justify a PRO video for TFC. TFC should've been part of his PRO DOOM video. 

TNT while inferior in gameplay, still deserves a PRO video, its "just okay" if you compare it to TFC and Doom II, but compared with Doom's previous episodes, its superior and more engaging, (at least for the first half) TNT also has more meme worthy content than TFC, i.e. (some of the shittiest level design in all IWADs or stronghold as hitscan hell specially in NM!), and also has some of the better detailed techbase maps in comparison to DooM's first episode and Doom II. 

TNT has enough material for a PRO video, like i said Civvie11 just doesn't give a shit.

10 minutes ago, Solmyr said:

compared with Doom's previous episodes, its superior and more engaging, (at least for the first half) TNT also has more meme worthy content than TFC, i.e. (some of the shittiest level design in all IWADs or stronghold as hitscan hell specially in NM!), 

Empty hallways, boxes and Sewers full of zombiemen in 20 minute long maps is not "Superior or more Engaging" so you lost me there.

10 minutes ago, Solmyr said:

TNT has enough material for a PRO video, like i said Civvie11 just doesn't give a shit.

Im Sure you would know since you're the one who records and edits this...

Sorry he didnt give you what you were entitled to have. Not every one likes or is interested in TNT

Can confirm Doom 3 is consistent in damage, played enough to know that Headshot damage is applied, legs and arms also sem to take reduced damage (but shooting guns does standard damage for some reason) and torso takes standard. Tested it on zombies/ZSec way back when.

Shotgun doesn't actually suck that hard, it actually got noticeably worse in BFG edition (imagine if he played that one geez), it does pale to the old though. The shotgun was redesigned to be less of a crutch and more of a dangerous tactile weapon, you had to get in real close to benefit from it.

Not ranting though, just parroting things already said. I like Civvie he aight, no hard feelings even though he dissed my baby boy TNT and I will never forgive him.

Edited by mrthejoshmon

42 minutes ago, jazzmaster9 said:

Sorry he didnt give you what you were entitled to have. Not every one likes or is interested in TNT

It was a misunderstanding due to the pitfalls of non "face to face" communication. I was pointing out the reason he wouldn't make a PRO TNT video, lack of interest. He made videos about snorefests such as Tekwar and Operation Body Count. So "too boring to watch" sounds kinda fishy. 

It seemed like i was angrily ranting in frustration when i typed those previous posts, but i wasn't, i was just lamenting that he left TNT aside, but in the end is Civvie11 and Katie's choice. 

Sure, most Doom fans don't care about TNT or despise it, however there are many who do care, besides most of his fan base watched videos about worse games, so it's not about whether people care about the game itself, it's more about how entertaining Civvie11's take on it could be. 

34 minutes ago, Solmyr said:

He made videos about snorefests such as Tekwar and Operation Body Count. So "too boring to watch" sounds kinda fishy. 

Those games aren't snorefests They are out right bad which creates much more content than something thats just "its okay".

It only sounds fishy because you equate bad = boring.

6 hours ago, Gez said:

Final Doom is TNT + Plutonia...

Evilternity doesn't exist.

The Doom II package on GOG.com contains both Final Doom and the Master Levels in addition to Doom II.

So which one was the Compilation of User maps published by ID?

18 hours ago, Morpheus666 said:

My friend, it's TNT Evilution, not Eviternity.  Eviternity doesn't even exist yet when Final Doom was released.

People, Civvie says right at the start of the video that he has not escaped TNT, by the sounds of it looks like he is gonna do something different or just start from scrap regarding that wad. His Doom videos usually get more views so i doubt that he wont really do it.

I barely watched the video because i have been playing Doom 3 for the first time (i am really enjoying it by the way, i can see why it was controversial at the time but is a good game, it feels like Doom)

He's entertaining to watch, but as with every other Youtuber in the same business nowadays, he's not someone you wanna watch to reasonably judge a game before you buy it. He's an entertainer, and not much of a serious reviewer.

I completely agree with him about TNT, though. There's nothing interesting about it. Thy Flesh Consumed and Plutonia are notorious for their difficulty and unorthodox, unpredictable design decisions, while TNT is known for getting bad after the mid episode, and having generic, average-at-best levels before that happens.

Spoiler

And Civvie is pretty bad at Doom games.

31 minutes ago, Juza said:

He's entertaining to watch, but as with every other Youtuber in the same business nowadays, he's not someone you wanna watch to reasonably judge a game before you buy it. He's an entertainer, and not much of a serious reviewer.

Not that's its a bad thing. But look at how much he tries to pander to his audience, tired boomer memes, 10 minute trigger warnings about jokes in Shadow Warrior. Acting like he's too cool for TNT is par for the course.

1 hour ago, Juza said:

Eh, I heartily disagree with that assessment. I think he does a good job describing, presenting, and ultimately reviewing games, he actually talks like someone who spent time playing and understanding them rather than talking about things he has no knowledge about, although he does make mistakes and isn't aware of some basics occasionally, as seen with Pro Doom 3. Also in classic Doom he used rockets to kill the Cyber on E2M8 - someone doesn't know how to deal with them it seems, and is unaware that rockets are one of the worst things to use since they only take damage from direct hits.

Also, I'm completely tired of the notion that being bad at games is somehow connected to lack of knowledge. I'm bad at the majority of games I like and play, but so far I'm yet to be assaulted by people because everything I say about them is also factually very wrong. So, it looks like I understand what I'm dealing with, despite being trash. This is nothing but insipid stigma spread against "casuals" and "bad gamers" who are supposedly also "retards" who know nothing about what they're actually playing there.