Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A Nobody

Favorite Quake Game?

Quake II alongside both of it's mission packs The Reckoning and Ground Zero. I Love the industrialized wasteland of a planet aesthetic, Stroggs nightmarish zombie cyborg look, Railgun fire sound, and Trent Reznor orgasms when the player character dies.

Even though I no longer play it, Quake 3 MP was a big part of my teenage years and have tons of fun memories with it. Quake Live was arguably even better 'cause it made the game more straight forward and unified.

These days I'd rather play Q1/Q2/Q4 SP. I'm no longer a multiplayer gamer.

Quake 1 feels the fastest of the Quake games to me so definitely Quake 1

Quake 2 here. I felt like the game play, the visuals and the audio all worked together far better than they did in any other Quake game (not counting Quake Wars or Quake 4, both of which are sequels to Quake 2 anyhow). 

Also, it had cyborgs. Cyborgs= awesome. 

Kinda surprised by all the answers so far, I had this personal anecdote that Q1 and Q3 were the most popular by far.

5 minutes ago, DSC said:

Kinda surprised by all the answers so far, I had this personal anecdote that Q1 and Q3 were the most popular by far.

I think everyone thinks ELEMENTS of Quake 1 were super awesome, and Quake 3 was definitely great for what it was. However, as a full package, Quake 2 was, again, just more cohesive.  I reckon this is also why it ended up getting the sequels and spin-offs, rather than Q1. 

Quake 2 also just had more of an identity than 1 IMO. Part one was basically Doom done gritty (extra-dimensional demonic entities spilling out of experimental portal, go kill 'em all). Quake 2, by contrast, was trying to be a sci-fi war story, with mission objectives and more use of hub centers. The only real overlap it had with Doom was the use of cyborg enemies.

I like Quake 1 the best, really dig the Lovecraftian vibe.  I wish there was a Doom 2016-esque sequel to it.  Single player, not Q3A.

Quake 1 because it's the daddy. Quake 2 because of the amazing soundtrack. Quake 3 arena holds a special place in my heart since it was my introduction to the series... And just like that I haven't answered the question. I'm having a real hard time chosing between those three.

Let's say that my favorite game is Quake ½: "Arena of the Reckoning"

Quake 1 for the aesthetics and atmosphere. I still wonder how they were able to release something so unique and memorable out of the chaos that was the game's development. Also, the musical style of Reznor during the mid 90's is still my favourite out of all the different styles he's done, and the eerie soundscape he was able to create for Quake is nothing short of phenomenal. While I don't mind Quake 2, the change to a more tech/cyborg oriented look didn't appeal to me as much as the first game did.

If Quake 1 can have the movement of Quake 2, that would have made the game even better for me. I'd say my favorite is Quake 1 for atmosphere and level design, especially with the expansion packs.

Quake 2 always for me.

To me Quake 1 felt lacking in variety, also the bosses are a joke. I feel the missions packs were much better than the base game.

Edited by Avoozl

3 hours ago, Taurus Daggerknight said:

Quake 2 here. I felt like the game play, the visuals and the audio all worked together far better than they did in any other Quake game (not counting Quake Wars or Quake 4, both of which are sequels to Quake 2 anyhow).

Quake Wars is a prequel not a sequel.

Quake 3 (And the sucessor Quake Live, it's the same game on the core) bring me so much time on MP. So i will vote for them

Im the 3D FPS game i was more a Half Life fan that a Quake, only played a couple of times when kid, and played mostly as a teenager later on as my fanatism for FPS grew on me. Quake 4 was like my first FPS on a "new generation" console X360 (not mine but still played) but then comes Halo 3 and kicks Quake 4 on the face.

Quake 2 was also late for me, only played in full late 2018-2019.

Quake 1. It's got the best atmosphere imo, not to mention the soundtrack. Also, those low quality models in combination with texture filtering turned off... it's a hell of an aesthetic. It's basically just 3d Doom, in terms of gameplay, so nothing special. Everything else more than makes up for that aspect, though.