Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

They call this art?

The shit is getting thicker these days...

BTW, the only remotely good one was the stone engraving by Raymond Coins. The rest is pitiful.

nah. they kick ass. i saw some kindergardeners do some of the same shit. very meaning full. i think they where trying to release some aggresion, those kindergardeners.

This kind of shit is a slap in the face to any of the more conventional artists out there.

Maybe if i got my daughter to scribble on some paper and put my name on it, i could earn a squillion quid too!

People = weird

And some people dare to look at the stuff I draw and claim that "it's not real art"?
"Real art" my ass.

DooMBoy said:

Now there's some real art.

Now there's an image 120 pixels taller than forum regulations permit.

the best thing is that if you were to tell these people their artwork blows, they'd say you have no taste.

stphrz said:

Well shit.....

Shit indeed. Most of that stuff really does like it's first- or second-grade material.

DooMer 4ever said:

uh, is that what I think it is?

O.o Holy shit!!! I just realized what the "red spot" was supposed to be!

Oh man, that is some crappy shit they got there. Even I can draw people better than that! It makes Frida Kalo's artwork look better. (I've seen a few pics by the artist mentioned above some time ago in some book and they scare the hell outta me for some reason...)

DooMer 4ever said:

uh, is that what I think it is?

If you're thinking what I'm thinking, it's that someone spilled ketchup between their legs.

=P

oh dear, heh. while i support people making art if it's what they enjoy doing (talent notwithstanding) i think these artists may take themselves a tad more seriously then they should...

dsm said:

And some people dare to look at the stuff I draw and claim that "it's not real art"?
"Real art" my ass.

wait, who says this?

Spike said:

Maybe if i got my daughter to scribble on some paper and put my name on it, i could earn a squillion quid too!

actually deadnail (during mid-rant about abstract art) has told me that a man has recieved $50,000 or thereabouts for selling his five-year-old son's fingerpainting. so move your ass to the craft store and buy the girl some pastels or a brush, if you act enough like a preppy art-college graduate you may just make some extra pocket change.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dsm said:
"Real art" my ass.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wait, who says this?

My dad.

"Modern artists" can get away with anything.

Like I said, people = weird. Why? Because they ALLOW modern artists to get away with this sorry piece of trash.

I knew there had to be at least one cool person in your family, dsm.

Abstract art is like baseball cards for the rich.

They collect them, like to show them off, and generally don't read/look at them all that often.

It proves little or nothing, as apparently these are early works of authors that became popular later. But sure, people without style or talent usually have to work their asses off to attain a meagre level of recognition.