Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anton474

favorite doom wad

Kinda a hard choice for me, Mutiny might be my favorite wad, but I really like Back to Saturn X (E1&E2) and the Scythe series. I also really like Rowdy Rudy's Revenge's gameplay changes. For recreations or edited Doom stuff I like Doom 64: Retribution (my fav version of D64), Doom 64 for Doom 2, and Maps of Chaos.

2 hours ago, anton474 said:

i love playing doom wads so tell me your favorite 

and i will have a look

This really did it for me.

Plus anything from the Top 100 and the Cacowards.

Next thread.

26 minutes ago, Kristian Nebula said:

There are many but this time I'll pick dinner.wad - a forgotten classic from 1996, an episode 2 replacement.

That's a sentimental favorite for me as well.

As for my picks;

Favorite megawad is  Back To Saturn X E1. So wonderful to look at, with nicely balanced gameplay and fantastic music.

My favorite relaxation episode is the Ultimate Doom classic Fava Beans.  Don't play unless you can enjoy dead easy maps.

My other favorite episode is Osiris, a partial TC inspired by Stargate.

Sticking with the old maps that inspired me back in '95, my single-map choice is Doomsday of UAC. IMO, the invisible staircase in this 1994 map is one of the coolest things I've ever "seen" in Doom.

For a mapset that rekindled my love for Ultimate Doom, there's Double Impact, which makes Ultimate Doom dangerous again.

Speaking of Ultimate Doom, you may be interested in ConC.E.R.Ned, a full megawad of clever brutality.

I should stop now . . . ;)

I could swear I've seen this prior, but oh well. I will rank my top 5 now:

1. Plutonia 2

2. Memento Mori II

3. Alien Vendetta

4. Kama Sutra

5. Requiem

Scythe is shaping up to be my favorite, but I'm playing it little by little, every once in awhile with my gf; it's going to be awhile before I play through all of it.

As far as WADs I've played, Sigil and Sunlust. Apparently I like WADs brought to you by the letter 'S'.

That's a question that I find difficult to answer, since I keep changing my opinions all the time

I guess my favorite wads at this moment are Eviternity, Speed of Doom, Hell Revealed 2, Plutonia 2, Urania... and yeah I guess those are my favorite wads, I can't say I prefer one in specific

On 2/25/2020 at 7:11 PM, DepravedDiptera said:

Kinda a hard choice for me, Mutiny might be my favorite wad, but I really like Back to Saturn X (E1&E2) and the Scythe series. I also really like Rowdy Rudy's Revenge's gameplay changes. For recreations or edited Doom stuff I like Doom 64: Retribution (my fav version of D64), Doom 64 for Doom 2, and Maps of Chaos.

i love d64 and brutal d64