Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

5 minutes ago, Misty said:

It's from "Golden Souls 3" demo. 

Sorry for double posting.

Thanks! :)

Are there any decent MBF wads (-complevel 11) besides Artica that feature friendly monsters or at least dogs? 

I'm looking for a specific Doom 2 wad that was made between 2005-2008 (I could be wrong). It's a single map replacing map01.

• From what I remember, it took place in the desert, with a laboratory built inside of a mountain.
  • It's got sprites from Strife (mostly the cyborg enemies), Scientists with heads of Doom guy (had death sounds from cultists from Blood 97), Railgun that looks like it was meshed together of weapons from Rise of the Triad.
  • The music track is the theme song from the Terminator.

Hopefully, most of y'all will know what I'm talking about. I miss that wad. Thank you in advance.

Edited by Bass Slapper '89

27 minutes ago, Bass Slapper '89 said:

I'm looking for a specific Doom 2 wad that was made between 2005-2008 (I could be wrong). It's a single map replacing map01.

• It looks like it took place in the desert, with a laboratory built inside the mountain.
  • It's got sprites from Strife (mostly the cyborg enemies), Scientists with heads of Doom guy (had death sounds from cultists from Blood 97), Railgun that looks like it was meshed together of weapons from Rise of the Triad.
  • The music track is the theme song from the Terminator.

Hopefully, most of y'all will know what I'm talking about. I miss that wad. Thank you in advance.

this sound exactly as Marine Assault by Nigel Rowand (Enjay) you can find it here https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/m-o/njma01

Some screens:

Screenshot_Doom_20200228_000312.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200228_000346.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200228_000515.png

Edited by Z0k

@Bass Slapper '89 no problem, he was one of the mappers that prolly influence in certain things i do in my maps. sadly i never got his opinion in a map i made back then. but i guess is because i do shitty maps anyways :P

So on my trying to remember doom wads ( I was less than 5 years old, so the years it could of been were 93-96) the cyberdemon with the door that says happy valentines day on it, and the door texture was a modified BIGDOOR4 texture, I'm still really wanting to replay this but really can't figure out what wad it was, also If my memory is right, the cyberdemon was kind of in a lake type area?

4 minutes ago, quickey said:

So on my trying to remember doom wads ( I was less than 5 years old, so the years it could of been were 93-96) the cyberdemon with the door that says happy valentines day on it, and the door texture was a modified BIGDOOR4 texture, I'm still really wanting to replay this but really can't figure out what wad it was, also If my memory is right, the cyberdemon was kind of in a lake type area?

Cybie.wad ?

Couldbe also one of the cybie dreams wad series too.

im not sure though but with the valentine thingy it just reminds me these wads

1 hour ago, Z0k said:

@Bass Slapper '89 no problem, he was one of the mappers that prolly influence in certain things i do in my maps. sadly i never got his opinion in a map i made back then. but i guess is because i do shitty maps anyways :P

I checked out the gameplay on youtube and I am mind blown by the detail for it's time.

https://youtu.be/Fke-D2XNkwY

8 hours ago, Z0k said:

Cybie.wad ?

Couldbe also one of the cybie dreams wad series too.

im not sure though but with the valentine thingy it just reminds me these wads

Sadly it isn't those but I had a good chuckle.

On 1/10/2018 at 12:04 PM, yakfak said:

looking at shervuulware again, found this compilation episode: http://aanaaanaaanaaana.net/drop/E13.WAD

does anyone recognize E1M8 and know its original name, filename, author, etc? it's sort of adorable, I kinda wanna remake it

If you are still interested after all this time, the answer turned out to be Outpost Quark by Steve Rice.

On 2/10/2020 at 6:45 PM, Pegleg said:

In a discussion elsewhere, I heard about a mapset that is based on each map only having one type of weapon (for example, Map 01 only has the pistol, Map 02 only has the chaingun, Map 03 only has the chainsaw, and so on). I've been trying to find this mapset, if it exists.

bustagut.wad / Double Imp Act ? Although it's more a single map where you choose your weapon via -warp/idclev, and get a monster population to match.

Now does anybody know of a mod about the original or second Prince of Persia, with it's levels and enemies? I'm referring to the original 1989 version of the second game from the 90s 

Edited by nelguy

I remember seeing this more recent megawad that started in a city, and people were really surprised it was vanilla for some reason. It had neat shapes... that's all I remember but I really want to find this WAD.

Total shot in the dark, but I wonder if someone here could identify the very first custom wad I've played? This was late 90s/early 2000s and I only played it briefly at a friend's house so my recollections are extremely vague but here's what I can remember:

-A Cyberdemon vs. Spider Mastermind battle. I distinctly remember there being midtexture cages around the monsters so it couldn't have been regular Doom 2 MAP20

-A large spiral staircase with Spectres on it

-A room full of hanged men, which were shootable if I remember correctly, so probably Commander Keens?

Aaand that's it. The wad itself probably wasn't anything special but it'd be fun to revisit it again after all these years.

Does anybody knows of a mod where you can play as any character from the Doom engine? like Doomguy, Chex-Man, the Three types of characters from Hexen, Corvus, etc. 

If that mod exists can anybody send the link it to me? thanks

37 minutes ago, nelguy said:

Does anybody knows of a mod where you can play as any character from the Doom engine? like Doomguy, Chex-Man, the Three types of characters from Hexen, Corvus, etc. 

If that mod exists can anybody send the link it to me? thanks

Samsara.

are you sure, because I mean one where you play as any character, but with their weapons.

3 minutes ago, nelguy said:

are you sure, because I mean one where you play as any character, but with their weapons.

Honestly you can just do a quick google search, the mod even gets its own entry on Doomwiki. (https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Samsara)

Grab the latest version here.

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=51771

Some characters (Hexen trio) arent available IIRC. For that, play something like Wrath of Cronos. 

What about one where you play as Caleb and you have all of Blood's ORIGINAL weapons (No revolver or stuff like that, just the everyday OG Blood 1 weapons)

I'm looking for a WAD, it was like a re-imagining of DooM 1, there was an opening cutscene with various marines screaming about them not being human and being slaughtered by demons, I think it won a Cacoaward

14 minutes ago, BBQgiraffe said:

I'm looking for a WAD, it was like a re-imagining of DooM 1, there was an opening cutscene with various marines screaming about them not being human and being slaughtered by demons, I think it won a Cacoaward

Perhaps Knee-Deep in ZDoom?

I'm looking for a relatively old wad (not older than 10 years I think). It was for Zdoom I think and OpenGL had to be enabled to work properly. You could choose Doomguy, Duke Nukem, Tails and Link from the playable characters. It had 2 maps, the military camp and the campaign. The first level of campaign starts with you being outside of some facility, and right behind you was a secret with a shotgun in it. The mod was rather big, it was around 1 gigabyte.