Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlitzTheNutz25

Does dragging an dropping folders work in (G)ZDoom?

I made a folder that contains a shortcut to GZDoom and folders with mods in them. I drag and drop the folders with the mods onto the shortcut, and GZDoom runs...without the mods. The log says that it detected the wads/pk3s, but didn't load them for no reason. I don't even know if that method works anymore, or it it never was going to work in the first place.

Have you tried dragging and dropping the wads/pk3s themselves? I don't think you can do it with folders.

If you're only using GZDoom, then it might make more sense to use pk3's rather than folders. Of course, that comes with its own problems. I too run into similar organization issues due to differences between source ports.

17 hours ago, maxmanium said:

If you're only using GZDoom

About the "If you're only using GZDoom" part, does that mean that there's other source ports that may or may not support dragging folders onto the exe?

2 hours ago, ApplemunchDooM said:

About the "If you're only using GZDoom" part, does that mean that there's other source ports that may or may not support dragging folders onto the exe?

I don't think any source port supports folders. To my knowledge GZDoom is the only major source port which supports .pk3s, which are similar in nature to .zip files or folders.

No port supports entire folders, but I think a few others also support dragging wads over their .exe to load them.

Just hold ctrl and click what wads you want to be loaded and then drag to the exe, but you cant combine some wads/pk3s.

On 2/23/2020 at 7:05 PM, maxmanium said:

Of course, that comes with its own problems

can you put a bunch of wads into a pk3 to load them all? Does this have disadvantages other than mod compatibility issues?