Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Nanami

DeePsea 11.66

I have the shareware version of this and I have a problem where the program crashes. If I'm trying to edit ZDoom levels in that "Hexen" mode thing, if I right click on a sector to edit the floor height, ceiling height, light, etc, the program crashes. I get this:

I run Windows 2000. I've tried rebooting. I've tried testing to see if it happens in any other mode. It only happens when I'm working on a ZDoom level. If I just try to edit normal levels, I can do whatever I want. Anyone have any helpful suggestions?

Nanami said:

I have the shareware version of this and I have a problem where the program crashes. If I'm trying to edit ZDoom levels in that "Hexen" mode thing, if I right click on a sector to edit the floor height, ceiling height, light, etc, the program crashes. I get this:

I run Windows 2000. I've tried rebooting. I've tried testing to see if it happens in any other mode. It only happens when I'm working on a ZDoom level.

That's a problem that only happens on Windows 2000. I just figured it out a week or so ago. I had to make a Windows 2000 system for testing, since neither Windows 98 nor XP had this problem. Very weird stuff.

The next release - 11.7 - fixes the problem, plus huge level support (>32k linedefs), Heretic ZDOOMHexen support, a change in object selecting (the way it looks onscreen) and some other odds and ends. There are 2 things left to do: docs and testing. Latter is a bitch:)

Hope to get it done in a week or so.

Nanami said:

I run Windows 2000. I've tried rebooting. I've tried testing to see if it happens in any other mode. It only happens when I'm working on a ZDoom level. If I just try to edit normal levels, I can do whatever I want. Anyone have any helpful suggestions?

heh, now I feel good that I am not the only one that had that problem.

I told deathman about the win2000 issue when I created the test win2000 system around 12/17/2002. ALL win2000 systems will have this problem in any ZDOOM "hexen" format enabled projects.

Btw, the thread pointed to is very misleading. The 1st problem reported (also via email) has nothing to do with DeePsea and everything to do with Win2000. That's why it was confusing. If this would have occurred on a a working system, then it would have had a real error as in this post (none of that memory stuff) and I would have pursued it quite differently. Make damn sure win2000 users that you are up to service pack 3!

Also FYI when you get an error like that from Win2000 or XP you can get a much more detailed dump of the error by following the link given - since the amount of information in that screenshot is sort of worthless to me:) In XP I think you have to enable local error reporting or something like that. IIRC, from control panel, event viewer you can go back and find the error log too.

eek..you're right, I forgot all about that.

the referenced memory problem was a whole different story. once I had it fixed, I still got a error. but now its the one that Nanami got.

ugh...