Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Catpho

DBP21: Occult Secrets of the Third Reich on Mars

Another great looking set. At this point I can't keep up with you guys. -_-

After Alien Bastards, this seems to be the DBP project that captured my attention the most.

Spoiler

"Ultimate Aryan Corporation" made my day.

Fun to see my collab with Walter end up here. Walter originally made it for Mayhem16 and I did thing placement, and the rule was exactly 160 things. Looks like Walter kept most of the thing placement as it was, but I did notice two significant changes :D

Really good adaptation to the new theme! I love the goofy Wolfenstein gfx and sounds.

This is fantastic! I've been running around MAP04 for like 15 minutes trying to figure out how to get that last piece of treasure.

Ooo like the screenshots here- looks to be a unique set of maps! Will have to check out some time~~

1 hour ago, Salt-Man Z said:

This is fantastic! I've been running around MAP04 for like 15 minutes trying to figure out how to get that last piece of treasure.

I should note that the treasure % counter (which replaces the normal item tally) can be a little finicky. It will be addresses in an update very soon! The treasure items use an invisible dummy pickup THING via dehacked, which can occasionally not trigger pickup even when the visible treasure items do their pickup animation. Strictly speaking, the bug should only affect the intermission screen “treasure %” tally (or the in-game item % tally if your chosen port does that). The super-secret areas that open up after you find all the treasure on a given map will still work regardless.

This may not be your issue here, but just wanted to mention in case! There are 4 treasure items on MAP04, so if you haven’t found all 4 keep looking. ;) But if you have and the tally is off that’s just a bug that will be squashed soon.

This was a very enjoyable playthrough - few frustrating moments, but I was able to move past them. I did take the wrong way on MAP01 and berserk punch the viles before learning there was a way to crush them early on. Should have figured as much with the clever layout ideas at play.

Loved playing this and I was very glad to take part in another one of these projects - that final boss is amazing, I had to pause and laugh for a while before finishing the game.

Thanks, valk, very honored to have you on board again!

Btw, RC2 has been delayed a bit after discovering a truly mind-boggling co-op only (maybe Zandronum-specific?) bug that affects most maps. Somehow the projects that I lead often seem to find a way to break Doom in bold new ways! We've got our crack team on it, though :O

Just finished this tonight, and it was an absolute blast! Honestly, you had me at flying Hitler vampires, but the rest of the WAD lived up to that promise. MAP07 was probably my overall favorite. Thanks!

It's a tough time out there right now, here's a direct-from-quarantine update to help y'all relax and summon your inner hero. RC2 is now out! www.dropbox.com/s/9hd10lpxpof35qu/dbp21_rc2.zip?dl=1

Changes:

-- fixed potential -cl2 issue that can make the MAP01 gold key inaccessible
-- dummy treasure item (for "TREASURE %" tally) is now slightly larger, should fix occasional pickup misses
-- fixed potential MAP01 co-op (more specifically, KeenDie failure) softlock. Zandronum will still have issues in co-op, apparently due to a port-specific quirk, but all maps will at least be completeable.
-- fixed potential cyberfuhrer issue in MAP08 that can cause him to get permanently stuck in a teleport closet
-- final boss now has more health, cell ammo has been adjusted accordingly
-- difficulty settings now fully implemented across all maps
-- DEHACKED level names
-- full CWILVs
-- idgames textfile and detailed credit textfile now included
-- other small tweaks I probably forgot about

Splendid maps! It was a good challenge even if a couple of times it was too much for me haha, the boss wasn't bad at all, making Doom bosses is tricky, this one came out good. The arachnotrons made my day when I saw their hats.

Just now I'm looking at the other DBPs, they're great, you're all really good!

I love the colorful aesthetic, it looks great!

Hello.

I cannot seem to find this wad on idgames: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/

Has it been uploaded there yet?

Spoiler

PS - I'm asking because there were a few speedrun submissions for this wad (here, if you're curious), and we need the file on idgames to, in turn, update the speed demos archive.

Not yet, we were ironing out a couple of weird bugs that I think are now squashed. Hoping to turn my attention back to it but the DBP train keeps rolling (see the new avatar ;) ) and sometimes it takes a while to get back to projects.

Heh, close, but you know we like putting a wacky spin on classic mapping themes sometimes, so expect something a little... ballsier?

Spoiler