Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tsunstealer

Does anyone else think this game is going to suck?

50 minutes ago, SilverMiner said:

Playing 2016:

When I heard the words "Be worse than they [demons]" on the loading screen, I left the game and deleted it.

Being worse than the evilest evil doesn't make you hero.

I think I understand your concern. But it basically means: You will be more brutal to them than they are to their victims.

Isn't punishing the "evilest evil" justice?

7 hours ago, SilverMiner said:

Playing 2016:

When I heard the words "Be worse than they [demons]" on the loading screen, I left the game and deleted it.

IMO Doom eternal goes the same way

And there simply is not any sense to play either 2016 and eternal.

It literally means you are punishing Hell for all the evil it has caused, in ways even worse than they are capable of. What is wrong with that? It literally sums up the whole series and paints you out as a biblical badass. 

Edited by oCrapaCreeper

2 hours ago, SilverMiner said:

Playing 2016:

IMO Doom eternal goes the same way

And there simply is not any sense to play either 2016 and eternal.

I swear the reason Doom 2016 haters make are more and more ridiculous by the minute

Doom Eternal will be so great that by the time it's out there I'll be on youtube and people will be trying to spoil the game for me.

I can't say a lot about Doom Eternal, but I can say I'm looking forward to it.

I'm super pumped for Doom Eternal. It's awesome to see the series still kicking and full of life after all these years. Day one purchase for me.

I'm pretty ambivalent towards Doom Eternal to be honest. A lot of it is an improvement mechanically-speaking, and is a design and art masterpiece but the rest seems just like blunt pandering to the edge-dewm normies that post animal crossing crossover memes, complain about DA for existing, believe doom is pure action and think the doom comic should be canon (despite being a cringy piece of shit) and I am frankly not a fan of the forced hub-world (including pandering 'easter eggs' within)

Personally, like D16 I'm probs gonna play it once in two years, get all of the upgrades/collectibles, then have no energy to replay it ever again, because frankly, D16 is boring, and so will DE regardless of the movement gimmicks and so called "combat puzzle".

PS: Also Doom Eternal isn't a fucking thinking man's game lmao, such a cringe thing to state IMO.

"I dont like it  therefore objectively bad/ its not Doom/generic/lazy/nostalgia pandering/cringy"

Is pretty much a lot of what ive seen here so far.

What people think Doom should be does affect the objective quality of what Doom currently is.

7 hours ago, SilverMiner said:

Playing 2016:

Nowhere have I seen anyone claim the Doom Slayer is a hero, because he isn't, nor does he pretend to be. 

I see SilverMiner has never heard of concepts like "pay evil unto evil".

Also it seems very rash to reject a game based on one line of narration at the beginning.

On 11/20/2019 at 9:00 PM, tsunstealer said:

I’m not here to start any drama, but seriously... look at the track record of anything Bethesda has touched since 2016... it has all been criticized to hell and back, literally. I know, I know, Doom is by Id, but this isn’t the Id that made Doom 1-3. None of the key figures are there anymore and the ones that were left removed themselves during “Doom 4”‘s initial development hell. This is the Id that is owned and controlled by Bethesda. If you’re happy with what has happened with Wolfenstein, Quake, and Doom while under Bethesda’s wing, then power to you, I’m not going to argue my opinions on these games. I’m just curious if you all feel the delay is only to prevent the game from being a turd sandwich and more like an ass disaster of turd nuggets? 

Also, with the way they released Doom and Doom II, I have no real reason to be hyped for Doom 64, because I guarantee you it will be as buggy and shitty as their most recent “Classic Doom” ports. Doom 3 worked fine but it was just the BFG edition anyways. Why they didn’t just backwards compat the PSN collection that was on PS3 is beyond me but I’m pretty sure it was so they could force fuck you into creating a Bethesda account and to play an inferior version of Doom so that you’d quickly lose interest and be mind controlled into preordering Doom Eternal for the Doom 64 port which will more than likely suffer from similar problems. 

again, I don’t care about how you feel about these games, I’m just curious how you feel the new one will hold up to people who enjoyed 2016, or if you think it will make people who hated 2016 Doom happier and be the better of the two. Or.. will it just amount to being a big disappointment for both parties?

Well my only complaint about it will be tons of completely unnecessary art style-ish changes, like despite in DOOM 2016 medkits fly out out of dead enemies they still look grounded like little capsules with healing stuff in it of some sort, even the smallest ones look like syringe, armor is either a military-ish best similar to half of million corpses of poor guys you’ll come across or some sort of shards similar to ones in DooM 3, but now......pickups are quite literally flying glowing green medieval helmets and hovering balls of blue something with a cross on it. Zombies look quite goofy, heavy assault rifle looks flimsy and unreliable compare to previous one, same with shotgun and chaingun

8 hours ago, TakenStew22 said:

Are you joking?

Ummmmmm........well doom slayer is an entity created for mass destruction of demons if you think about it. He doesn’t care about SJW, politics, state of the world or “Orange man is BAD!” He doesn’t even know what are these things. All he knows and cares about is that demons are back and every single one of them needs to be sent back to hell. 

29 minutes ago, Quiver said:

Well my only complaint about it will be tons of completely unnecessary art style-ish changes, like despite in DOOM 2016 medkits fly out out of dead enemies they still look grounded like little capsules with healing stuff in it of some sort, even the smallest ones look like syringe, armor is either a military-ish best similar to half of million corpses of poor guys you’ll come across or some sort of shards similar to ones in DooM 3, but now......pickups are quite literally flying glowing green medieval helmets and hovering balls of blue something with a cross on it. Zombies look quite goofy, heavy assault rifle looks flimsy and unreliable compare to previous one, same with shotgun and chaingun

Medieval helmets for armor, blue orbs of healing, and the look of the zombies are all right out of classic Doom though. 

On 11/21/2019 at 7:25 AM, tsunstealer said:

Not quite. I just wanted people’s general opinion on if they think it will be improved over 2016 or be a disappointment. 

however, I will hop on the hate wagon when it comes to those abominations of “ports” of classic Doom that they released not too long ago. If that is what is expected, I expect Doom 64 to have a lot of the same problems those ports have. 

No worries, friend. Classic DooM Bethesda.net re-releases or more correctly that one guy (you now, that guy that keeps porting Skyrim everywhere) responsible for these ports already got what he truly deserved-a universe-sized loads of shit right into Howard’s face 

21 minutes ago, Taurus Daggerknight said:

Medieval helmets for armor, blue orbs of healing, and the look of the zombies are all right out of classic Doom though. 

Not sure about the zombies. I mentioned ones that are the weakest, weaponless and nothing more than walking ammo/health supply. 

2 minutes ago, Quiver said:

Not sure about the zombies. I mentioned ones that are the weakest, weaponless and nothing more than walking ammo/health supply. 

Another curious case of "the art style/function is not like the ones in classic doom" complaint.

2 hours ago, Quiver said:

Ummmmmm........well doom slayer is an entity created for mass destruction of demons if you think about it. He doesn’t care about SJW, politics, state of the world or “Orange man is BAD!”

lol wat

How are we back again to this topic lol.

At this rate, it will probably turn into another spectacle of hot takes and bizarre assessments.

3 hours ago, Quiver said:

No worries, friend. Classic DooM Bethesda.net re-releases or more correctly that one guy (you now, that guy that keeps porting Skyrim everywhere) responsible for these ports already got what he truly deserved-a universe-sized loads of shit right into Howard’s face 

BTW the Unity ports are much better now than they were at launch, in fact they're by far the best modern ports of classic Doom. And they're still patching them, sponge recently said he's currently investigating the Nightmare issues.

Also since it was mentioned in that quote, for the last time, Doom 64 is handled by an entirely different studio, NDS. You've probably heard of them through Blood Fresh Supply, System Shock Enhanced Edition, Strife Veteran Edition, the Turok games, and the SS remake.

10 hours ago, Taurus Daggerknight said:

The "spiritual armor" is a leftover from a concept in the Doom Bible and the health bonus is a round-bottom flask from a lab, not an abstract blue orb. The partially improvised state of the 1993 game is imo no justification to turn Doom into a random fantasy setting.

4 hours ago, Doom64hunter said:

I hate Doom 2016 because it didn't let me pet the cacodemon :CCCC

You could pet its single eye as you pulled it out.

33 minutes ago, Tetzlaff said:

The "spiritual armor" is a leftover from a concept in the Doom Bible and the health bonus is a round-bottom flask from a lab, not an abstract blue orb. The partially improvised state of the 1993 game is imo no justification to turn Doom into a random fantasy setting.

Doom was always a fantasy setting though.....

And again, I'm not seeing why this....

SpiffyBronzeBlacklemur-poster.jpg

Is somehow so much worse than this:
340?cb=20050225001742

Or why this:

fxpa775y36d31.png

Is going so much further into "Fantasy setting" than this:

340?cb=20050225002110

2 minutes ago, Taurus Daggerknight said:

Doom was always a fantasy setting though.....

When I said fantasy I meant that arcane/medieval inspired type of fantasy. The unique thing about Doom is futurist/high-tech science-fiction mixed with an occult hell setting. Now it becomes more of a generic fantasy setting where the demons are the bad tribe from the hellish planes and the Doom marine is Doom Slayer, the angry demi-god.

Is Dum External gonna be better/worse than Dum "wanna be 4"

In short, Dum "wanna be 4" nor a good game nor a bad game. Its mostly meh, if you plays in shooters longer than five years/know position of all spawn points on Q3DM19/insert some popular shooter reference.  Because I expect from shooter (genre where you shoot things from gun) game shooters (genre where you shoot things from gun) gameplay, not "shot two second, watch unskipable execution cutscene for two seconds".
If you dont play shooters at all and this is you first time playing game in such genre, then yeah, it would be "Wooooooooooo" for you.

Dum Expandable, from gameplay videos at least, looks slightly better than "Wanna be" Dum , because now you not forced to jump from execution cutscene to execution cutscene. But it still looks meh, again, if if you plays in shooters as much and as long...
So I would "play" it on youtube.

23 minutes ago, Tetzlaff said:

When I said fantasy I meant that arcane/medieval inspired type of fantasy. 

This differentiation is non existent unless your interpretation of medieval fantasy is somehow not this:

E3m5_dark.png.d032ebc7b6e2d217be0bb4143250012b.png

And I personally don't care if Doomguy is described as a pastry chef in the lore, he's still doing the same thing as in 1993, which is killing every demon in sight. And in my opinion having having some explanation for his prowess is more interesting than "nameless space marine can kill thousands of demons because reasons" for the 10th time.

1 hour ago, Tetzlaff said:

The unique thing about Doom is futurist/high-tech science-fiction mixed with an occult hell setting. 

So is Doom 2016 or im i just imagining all the Tech and Hell levels in that game?

Probably the later...

2 hours ago, Kronecker–Capelli said:

I expect from shooter (genre where you shoot things from gun) game shooters (genre where you shoot things from gun) gameplay, not "shot two second, watch unskipable execution cutscene for two seconds".

If we're gonna use that logic all you do in Doom one is "side step fire ball, shoot, repeat 1000x" or "circle enemy while shooting for 5 seconds, repeat"

Or quake is just "hop all the time to the exit".

Wolfenstein is "camp door then shoot for 10 hours"

2 hours ago, Kronecker–Capelli said:

If you dont play shooters at all and this is you first time playing game in such genre, then yeah, it would be "Wooooooooooo" for you.

I've been playing shooters for a long time and Doom 2016 was amazing. Nice opinion though

Edited by jazzmaster9

24 minutes ago, Reaverbot said:

I'm sure it'll be passable like 2016 was.

I also like this revisionist history of pretending 2016 wasn't successful. 

I swear most of these "2 Old School 4 U" people who hover in the Doom 2016/Eternal threads are most likely 20 or so year old kids who played Doom 1 in doomsday and pretend to be "2 Retro 4 Call of Dooty"

And I also like how we're getting baited by these posts.