Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xaser

Back to Saturn X Episode 3 [WIP]: 5 MAP PREVIEW BUILD ON PAGE 11

3 hours ago, Lightningoof said:

Any updates? I it's been a year since the announcement and I'm losing hope :(

One year of radio silence is enough for you to lose hope?

[laughs in Deus Vult II]

3 hours ago, Egg Boy said:

Damn, the bump got me hyped for a moment, hopefully we'll see this thing before 2021.

+1

almost got me , i wish to see some real news from this project in the near future 

5 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

Wtf has it already been a year? That flew by!

I had the same feeling when the thread was bumped. It felt like only 3 or 4 months had passed.

2 hours ago, Egg Boy said:

Don't tease me like this haha I just finished BTSX E2

I disagree, please tease us some more!

Is this a real skybox, not a placeholder? 

Spoiler

I thought the ending to e2 had a placeholder, and now can't believe this could be a real thing.

Edited by JDR

The map I really want to see more of is that blue one with the red vines. I think its neat.

On 3/8/2020 at 9:55 AM, JDR said:

Is this a real skybox, not a placeholder? 

That's a white texture/flat, it's common when mappers want to simulate void to use either white or black textures.

In the OP you can see multiple instances of a proper E3 sky. The white void just shows up in certain places for Coolness.

I hope it's OK to wake up this old thread, as I'm sure I'm just one of many wondering if there is any news on Episode 3 :) Is it still in healthy development?

Holy crap! The OP has 159 likes! The most I ever got was 16 or something. it isn't even a released project! Amazing!

I'll be brutally honest, the screenshots in the OP doesn't look as impressive as I thought the maps in E3 would be. There's a lot of mono-texturing and not very interesting lighting going on. Granted, the textures are looking awesome but I'm not too impressed with the overall architecture depict in some of the screenshots. I do like the two on the bottom though, especially the one with the poles, that looks fucking cool and intriguing. 

I'm not trying to judge the maps only based on those screenshots, I know E3 is going to be fucking awesome but I guess a slightly more compelling screenshots could have been shown.

36 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

Good artistic use of cohesive textures within a limited palette isn't 'monotexturing'.

I respectfully disagree. I don't find anything in those screenshots "good" or "artistic". I see bland.

15 minutes ago, Uni said:

I don't find anything in those screenshots "good" or "artistic".

I think you posted on the wrong thread.

(seriouspost: I don't know what kind of meaningful response I can really give to the above -- maybe you'll like it when it's released, maybe you won't, IDK, we're only really aiming to satisfy ourselves here.)