Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

What are you playing now?

Finally started playing Dark 7, a few maps of No End in Sight, and I plan to start Paradise later today. I tend to keep a few Wads going at the same time in case I start to get frustrated or bored with one.

Also, just got to the third episode of Moonblood. Was trying to do a semi-saveless blind run to improve my skills with a pistol-start mindset for these levels (saving when secret-hunting at the end), but... 3/1 is too much punishment, right away. This isn't Valiant, and that level of abuse isn't working for me.

Finished Memento Mori. Really enjoyable overall, definitely not on par with its sort-of successor Requiem in terms of aesthetics and concepts, and overall shows its age, but the maps mostly still play really well. Could have done without some of the switch-reveals-switch-reveals-switch that opens a door/wall/etc in a different part of the map, mind, but I guess that comes with the territory. Generally didn't feel as frustrated with level progression as often as I did when I was playing Requiem, but I may be misremembering Requiem.

Decided to play Suspended in Dusk as a sort of intermission before I get onto another megaWAD (which will probably be Memento Mori 2). Played through the first level, was quite impressed with the vanilla detailing and architecture. Has quite a mood to it, too. Did not expect an Arch-vile that early on, heh.

Edited by ironicmoustache

When I said that I'm bored with vanilla-styled doom it was just a moment of frustration. I'm back to BTSX with that vanilla-style and this time I'll save more often to finish what I started.

Played through Lilywhite Lilith in 2 sessions. Great stuff, except for the boat level (MAP06) which I pretty much hated. In fact, the only thing I liked about that one (loved, even!) was the use of Pearl Jam's "Oceans" as the background music. A fantastic WAD, otherwise; I really wanna see more maps using that gorgeous texture set.

I'm playing Mass Extinction.

Doom 2 megawad with a Doom 1 style. A challenge Wad with an incredible excellent level design!

Edited by Kepehn : ineradicable? My mistake!

Just finished Dark 7, which I would recommend to anyone who wants a classic set of Doom levels with a few unobtrusive scripted twists. The levels are exciting and provide a tolerable challenge without every becomming too extreme, well-balanced and fun. I love the snowy aesthetic as well, very much Winter's Fury before Winter's Fury.

Now I have begun playing Alien Vendetta finally. That trap on Map 4 made me almost want to quit, but the first three maps were very good otherwise, so we shall see.

On 2/27/2020 at 3:50 AM, Hcoop111 said:

all of theese in no order just swap between 

'[po[p[p[p[p[p[.PNG

have you thought of putting those folders in a folder?

21 hours ago, Boomslang said:

have you thought of putting those folders in a folder?

The very first wrong thing is to contain all the wads on a desktop. If the system passes out, he is going to lose them all

23 minutes ago, SilverMiner said:

The very first wrong thing is to contain all the wads on a desktop. If the system passes out, he is going to lose them all

And the fact that some of those also contain ports for some reason is even weirder.

Reminds me of someone who's been following my channel who used to have an install of GZDoom for every single wad they played. He didn't know about -file .

2 hours ago, SilverMiner said:

that's why i put them in my documents folder!!image.png.a09f0efb9ba6701cdd3de22c24943e50.png

8 hours ago, Boomslang said:

that's why i put them in my documents folder!!image.png.a09f0efb9ba6701cdd3de22c24943e50.png

Or make your Launcher also the storage system too!
image.png.532d3fa64096bb3fbee1ca8a2b9fbec8.png

I recently played a megawad called Bloodline because I can play it with any gameplay changing mod. I played it with Convoluted Doom and I will not care about 100% completion anymore because my patience ran out.

PS:I also used Sprite Shadow for better looking monsters :)

I am playing lots of games lately, not DooM related, at all.

Arknights, Closers Online, Minecraft and... Well, I guess I'll start mapping again soon, if that counts as a game (?)

Playing through favabeans on ultra violence. Starting every level on pistol start and, with a custom midi wad I made with randomly picked midis I had on hand. Currently completed level 3 and so far demons can't descend stairs and for some reason there is a bfg on the second level. I can see why it is considered a classic, really good level design so far and I even got inspired from a few areas.

Just completed Doom 2 Redux, was doing it in parallel with the original megawad, in UV continuous format. Interesting stuff, and pretty challenging. MAP09 was a bit ridiculous, supposedly based on The Pit, and impossible to get through without quite a few saves. The wad becomes far harder after a death exit in MAP20. At least it avoids resorting to slaughter-type gameplay, and doesn't overuse Archviles, but it does become very reliant on ambushes, which can be an absolute pain. All too often two or three Revenants will spawn in front of you, then almost immediately disappear and rematerialize right behind you. There's also a very annoying puzzle in MAP29 - I eventually 'solved' it, but have no idea how. There's a half decent IoS in the final level, which is preceded by a couple of lively warm up fights.

Been on kind of a wad-bender the last week.  Gone through Coffee Break, DMP2012, Flotsam(just one map), SF2012, and Plutonium Winds.  I'll next be replaying Fruit Salad.

SCYTHE SERIES

also TRYING Cheogsh but I get rekt all day every day. extremely difficult level, that. i don't save in single-maps. only if there's a trap where i've died 5+ times, then i'll save right before the trap. that's usually a Quake 1 mission pack thing though, not Doom. considering lightening up on this rule for this map though... it's like 3-4 levels in one...

gonna try the Vrack series as well. 

i never played user-created Doom maps before February 2020 even though I've had the game since 1997 before i even had a PC. there is so much amazing user created content for the 90s id software titles that puts the base games to shame.

Edited by versionfiv

Playing through Doom Slayer Chronicles with nekostuffing's Astartes mod. It's totally emperific, brother.

Mayhem18 Orange and Purple on co-op. It's a pretty fun time, though some of the custom monsters aren't that great.