Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gifty

Hell On Earth Shareware [6 Map Episode / Limit-Removing] Now with less soft locks!

9 minutes ago, kknot5889 said:

Any estimate on release? This sounds like a fun little map set.

I only have one map left to finish before I do a general polishing/balance pass, then it's off to public beta!

5 hours ago, CyberDreams said:

You had me at this.

The texture wad I had for this levelset used to be called Hell On Earth Assets, or... HOEASS

HOEASS.  Classic.  But probably don't want to google search it at work.  I hope they make the Back to Saturn X texture wad BTSXASS so I can use HOEASS and BTSXASS together.  

On 10/2/2019 at 5:02 AM, Zodomaniac said:

Is there any DEHACKED? I hope not, so that it can be played with SMOOTHED (Smooth monsters for Doom Retro and Crispy Doom) and Black Ops smooth weapons DEHACKED mod.

Currently it's planned to have a DEHACKED for a couple minor changes I won't spoil here.

ALSO:

Progress on the final map is going smoothly, so it's reasonable to expect that we'll be in beta testing soon! To commemorate, here's a screenshot of the WIP final level showing off the new custom HUD.

0Hn5JN0l.png

AND, to get you pumped up, here's a scintillating rough mix of one of the songs in the bundled soundtrack (don't worry, that awful solo is gonna go). Enjoy!

7 minutes ago, Gifty said:

Currently it's planned to have a DEHACKED for a couple minor changes I won't spoil here.

ALSO:

Progress on the final map is going smoothly, so it's reasonable to expect that we'll be in beta testing soon! To commemorate, here's a screenshot of the WIP final level showing off the new custom HUD.

0Hn5JN0l.png

AND, to get you pumped up, here's a scintillating rough mix of one of the songs in the bundled soundtrack (don't worry, that awful solo is gonna go). Enjoy!

So glad to see this update. This is looking like a great episode. Can't wait for the beta!

Looks epic! It's cool seeing some of my textures are being used in a project.

Hope this project is doing well.

Still waiting for it !

Edited by roboticmehdi2

Now that we're all seemingly barricaded into our homes I've started working on this again! Only one level left to go, shouldn't be too hard. Right?

7 hours ago, Gifty said:

Now that we're all seemingly barricaded into our homes I've started working on this again! Only one level left to go, shouldn't be too hard. Right?

One good thing to come out of the quarantine, anyway. Good luck!

Just a shot of the WIP final level! Blasting through Doom Eternal has given me an extra energy boost to do Doomy things lately.

HFwhrSs.jpg

I have a question, what is the format of this wad? From the song I heard, I have a feeling it would be either Limit-Removing (Most Limit-Removing and BOOM Ports allow .OGG files) or GZDoom.

8 hours ago, Gifty said:

Just a shot of the WIP final level! Blasting through Doom Eternal has given me an extra energy boost to do Doomy things lately.

HFwhrSs.jpg

Looks really cool!
Could be the bigger brother of the opening scene of my first map I've uploaded here:

Screenshot_Doom_20200328_110644.png

By the way, I like that Thrash song you intend to include!

Edited by Loomis

We have a titlepic! That means it must be finished soon, right? :P

TITLEPIC.png

@Gifty I love the grainy, compressed 1990's look! Oh, I might have to check the overall progress of the mod as well :P