Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benjogami

The Egg of Human Endeavors [final, on idgames]

I read that as The Egg of Human Elevators and if that's not a bullshit map name I don't know what is.

On 12/14/2018 at 7:25 AM, tourniquet said:

eggRC2_tnQ-saves.zip

Inept playthrough on "Everyone's difficulty" which was indeed fun & very forgiving. Not a huge fan of the initial climb up part but the 2 larger follow up fights were really fun. Very delightful

Thanks for the demo :)

Not at all inept! I think your only deaths were after falling, but you could have TP'd back up. :D

Oh hey, a slaughtermap that I thought was fun, that doesn't happen everyday. I was also pretty surprised by how forgiving it is with the resources, too much even IMO (at least on HMP).

Glad you enjoyed, @KVELLER

I updated the OP with a new RC. RC3 has an improved exit lift (thanks for reminding me, Megablast!) and is now being built with ZDBSP. 

RC4 is now up in the OP. I tried out some generalized Boom lifts instead of the vanilla WR lift actions, and I think it's better. Also, some visual improvements at the top of the start area.

Sorry for being so late to this, but any chance for download link or rip of the song used? Been looking for footage of Shizuku online and considering buying the game, but mostly want the song that you used in the wad. 

3 hours ago, CyberThiccXXX said:

Sorry for being so late to this, but any chance for download link or rip of the song used? Been looking for footage of Shizuku online and considering buying the game, but mostly want the song that you used in the wad. 

Yeah sure, here's the mid:

shizuku.zip

May I ask something?

Is there an archive of the RC2 version? The one the downloadable demos above were created for?

I would like to have some demos of this map beaten on UV (impossible for me :P), and possibly even put them in the wad itself with slade

On 3/9/2020 at 9:46 PM, Lokatzis 007 CJ said:

May I ask something?

Is there an archive of the RC2 version? The one the downloadable demos above were created for?

I would like to have some demos of this map beaten on UV (impossible for me :P), and possibly even put them in the wad itself with slade

Sure, why not: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lg86j806xcwuxg3/old_eggs.zip?dl=1

Also included is RC1 and a UV-Max demo for it that I recorded. I don't recommend playing these or viewing the demo, but here they are if you want them. :D

Thank you for providing the files!

I already have rc1 from Joel's contest links, though, but I appreciate it. I want to see how would anyone beat the part with the cyberdemons, lots of cacodemons and hell knobles, all on that ring that you can't get back up and all it takes for you to fall is a cyberdemon rocket :O

Ultra instinct awareness. It's like you got hit on purpose. This is getting into the wad

On 3/12/2020 at 12:21 AM, Lokatzis 007 CJ said:

Ultra instinct awareness. It's like you got hit on purpose. This is getting into the wad

haha, thanks. I didn't get hit on purpose, but I did make some very bad decisions at times :D Near the end where I jump down and almost get trapped in that pile of barons really stands out to me. I should have expected them to be there!

Hi, I have an issue where some textures, especially at the starting platforms, do not load in. the objects themselves do, however so it is a texture error. do you have a solution? 

i use gzdoom opengl, hardware accelerated with texture filtering off.

Thanks in advance

On 2/14/2021 at 11:36 PM, fourTH3MA573R said:

Hi, I have an issue where some textures, especially at the starting platforms, do not load in. the objects themselves do, however so it is a texture error. do you have a solution? 

i use gzdoom opengl, hardware accelerated with texture filtering off.

Thanks in advance

Do you mean these platforms here?

image.png.756cf5b0305b173aa823cf66d9d0563f.png

They're meant to be invisible.