Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Alientank

Slought of Despair

I'm having trouble with this. This level has so many freaking demons in it I run out of ammo on ultra violence and die every time, anyone know any secret spots for ammo? I know where the chaingun is.

Alientank said:

I'm having trouble with this. This level has so many freaking demons in it I run out of ammo on ultra violence and die every time, anyone know any secret spots for ammo? I know where the chaingun is.

Pfft, you must really suck. Anyway, read the DOOM FAQ. And it's "slough", not "slought."

Just keep left and you'll get the blue key. Then you head for the middle "finger" of the hand to get to the exit. Keep your stay in that level streamlined and you'll be ok. It's that simple.

1. Conserve your ammo in map 1, especially your bullets. This will help you some in the next map.
2. Look at the arrow shaped rock using the automap for a secret, and find the rocket launcher if you don't have one already, but you might want to try for the chaingun first. Try to get as much ammo as you can and conserve as much as possible before going to any of the other "fingers".

Head for the Cacodemon alcove with the shells left ahead of the starting point. Then work your way along the wall to the berserk. Before you release the lost souls, get the plasma gun from the secret the arrow points to. After you get those items, the level's a snap.

I smell a really bad joke....and a lamer.

Save your ammo in the first level. (Get the imps and cacodemons to in-fight, punch the demons, ect.)

And when you start head to the right to the end of the 'thumb' (look at your auto map and you'll see what i mean) you will find a lava pit, step through it to bring down a hidden wall to reveal a chaingun. This should tip the odds in your favor. Clear out the palm area before trying any of the fingers. Remember to be wise with you ammo (ie kill sergeants with your shotgun, zombies with your pistol).

all the weapons except the chainsaw and the BFG are on this level, as well as a stack of ammo. but most of its hidden. use your automap a lot.

One you finger out where everything is, this map Is a breeze, you can exit it with %200 Armour an health, and lots of ammo if you clever.

Thanks guys. Ah I just kept going up the middle and getting raped, once I stuck to the left side I beat it.

Alientank said:

Thanks guys. Ah I just kept going up the middle and getting raped, once I stuck to the left side I beat it.

Let the lost souls kill each other

Strafe constantly. Run, don't walk. Conserve ammo. Says about right.

Oh, and its been a while since I played UV. Usually a HMP guy.

I tend to save the berserk for last in case I'm low on health at the end.

Sure, do it the easy way and leave all those Lost Souls behind, heheh.

indeed, that is a tough level. I have nothing more to add to strategies.
once you pass this level, there is nothing much else that is difficult in the episode.

It's a walkover if you're methodical. Aside from the odd run to collect ammo early on, it's the kind of map my daughter could get through.

KoRn said:

indeed, that is a tough level. I have nothing more to add to strategies.
once you pass this level, there is nothing much else that is difficult in the episode.

That is so wrong. No, wait. You're right. :P It's all too easy.

After playing through alien vendetta on UV I realized just how damn easy doom 1 and 2 are on UV. Try playing through them on UV starting each level with a pistol and 50 bullets, now that's fun! I'm still trying to figure out how the hell people can play on Nightmare though, that just boggles my mind. I can get to about map 6 or 7 on nightmare in doom 2, but that's it.

I find E3M6 (Mt. Erebus) can get quite tough in a hurry if you start with only a pistol and have forgotten how to navigate the place. =)

Little Faith said:

If you expect an ambush around every corner, and act accordingly it will become very easy.

Or memorize all of the monster placement. :P

stphrz said:

I find E3M6 (Mt. Erebus) can get quite tough in a hurry if you start with only a pistol and have forgotten how to navigate the place. =)

My website has a demo of E3M6 Nightmare! pistol start in about 21 seconds. ;) It's my demo, and I was trying to make it a speedrun, an it became rather difficult. That one could be improved to a 20 or MAYBE even a 19 if I tried. I'm sure my straferun tactics could be improved. URL is in my sig.