Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fletcher`

Oooh. Something from ME!

Well, I guess this can be considered fanfic. It's actually a quick backstory for my new project.
[warning-all projects depend on mood and music]

Inferno -The Second Coming

It didn't end with the master. What makes you think you can pull this off? Simple. You've cleared Phobos, Deimos, and Hell Itself. Earth is slowly rebuilding. And you've finally settled down to feel something you haven't felt for so long. Peace.

And then it starts yet again. Only this time, Hell doesn't want to play nice. No. Hell wants you, and it wants you to pay.

I have a question for you.
Do you have exact change?

Constructive criticism welcome.

Too short, too uninformative and if you ask me, that's a pretty old idea. I've definitely seen something like this before.

dsm said:

Too short, too uninformative and if you ask me, that's a pretty old idea. I've definitely seen something like this before.

Never saw it before. :P

Oh, and this is short because its to fit the help page in-game.

At any rate, you didn't state in your story why the demons return - it's just "The demons return again".

If I were to suggest something that makes a little more sense, then something like this:

The Icon of Sin was dead and with it, the rift to Earth could not be kept open for much longer. You managed to return to Earth before it closed. But you returned to a home in ruins, still plagued by the demons that roam the countries on the Earth. At least now they cannot be reinforced.
You know that humanity cannot return to Earth as long as there are demons about and who could know what these demons are capable of? Readying your trusty weapons once more, you set out on a quest to hunt down the demons wherever they are and wipe out as many as you can.

The story completely rewritten, now with more info, and much better(longer too).

Death comes for everyone; and you're no exception.

You've cleaned them out from Phobos, from Deimos. You had died, kicked Hell's ass and came back. You've even eradicated them from Earth itself. For a while, you thought they were gone for good.

You thought wrong.

The UAC knew better than to tamper with the gateways. That wasn't the problem. The problem was that a mysterious satanic cult, known as the 'Minions of The Mastermind', had broken into one of UAC's main research complexes, at Groom Lake, Nevada (otherwise known as Area 51). Investgators are still trying to figure out how they broke into the seemingly impenatrable base, let alone how they knew about the gate, or worse, how to operate it. It wasn't possible to investigate the area because of the demons that had come through the newly opened gate. The only real information anyone had about what happened was from a scientist who had reached a survaillance camera:

"God I hope someone gets this. Th-they stormed in here yelling a-about the int-terdimensional gateway we abandoned years ago. W-we told them it was inoperable. They wouldn't list-ten." (Pounding at the door behind him) "We had no other choice but to lead them to it. At first we thought i-it was just some publicity stunt. We were dead wrong. It's deja-vu all over again. Hell On Earth has retu--- AAAAAAh.. ..AAAAAAAAAAAH" (Bull demons storm through and rip the scientist to gory pieces)

Because of your previous victories you were the first person the DOD (Department Of Defense) called. When you saw the tape you knew what to do.

You barely got past the demons guarding the gate to the complex. You were able to covertly sneak inside via the ventilation system. As you hid behind the grating inside a vent shaft you saw two gaurds in front of the gateway. They would be quite formidable opponents, being Barons of Hell. There wasn't anything else in the room though. The BOHs were soon reduced to cinders by your new Ion rifle. You stepped up towards the demonic portal to feel a sudden sense of dread no mortal should feel. But you soon shrugged off this felling; you had looked into the face of pure evil before. You had been to the place off limits to mortal beings. You knew no fear.

Lock and Load, marine. Inferno is about to get hotter.

So much for the help page idea.. :P

Oh, and I'm doing this for The Ultimate Doom. (Episode 3) :)

Seems I've been taking lessons from DSM. :) Even as I read my own work, I'm amazed that I wrote that. :)

Congratulations! You've come up with a new and original idea (at least I haven't seen something like this before). Good work!

Of course, I'd wager that these cultists are friggin' psychos, maybe even corrupted by demons - either of these two are the only explanations to why they'd do something as far off as this.

Well, the only way they could know the gates still exist is if they were corrupted by the demons themselves.