Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FireballCaco

What is the oldest piece of video game hardware that you own?

Me and my dad used to buy old Atari machines and games for it at flea markets, and some other consoles that use cassetes. I also own the ET game. I must have it somewhere in my house.

10 hours ago, lazy91geek said:

I have an Atari 2600 buried in a drawer somewhere. I love retro gaming! I have an NES, SNES, N64, TG-16, Genesis, and Master System hooked up to an old CRT at the moment. The 2600 hasn't aged well, and just isn't that fun, in my opinion.

I also have a CRT with my Atari, NES Mega Drive/CD/32x, SNES, Saturn, PSX and N64 hooked up to it. Granted the Atari's game library hasn't held up over time for the most part *cough*shovelware*cough*, but I do have a Harmony cart and there is some really impressive homebrew software available nowadays. That said, I have to admit that the 16 and 32bit systems get the most airtime.

I have an NES Zapper off to my left rn. No actual NES, just the zapper.

I also intend to buy a power glove and some appropriate clothes and have an "80s cool dude" costume thing. Kinda like that one Ashens image that i can't find rn.

A complete in box NES although it's not the action set. Just the Control Deck. I do have a Zapper though as i bought one later on. I rarely play the NES much anymore unfortunately.

Here's a picture that i found online since i didn't take one i guess lol. This model/package came out in 1988 i guess.

91686633102923SGT3.JPG

I kept an old cartridge or two from my Sega Master System. Speedball 2 definitely and probably Wonderboy 3: The Dragon's Trap if memory serves.

Edited by Murdoch

A modchipped Japanese Sega Saturn with an AV adaptor for it as well as a few games. Bought them years ago from a local retro gaming community user. The AV adaptor died sometime later and it took me about over a month to buy a new one. Now it's somewhere in my house's warehouse (wareroom?) and I go to a college in a far away town from my house.

The oldest video game console i have is probably also one of the most common ones: a CIB NES.

(CIB = complete in box)

In a box somewhere In the attic is a Binatone tv master mk 10. Haven't seen it for 20 years so i don't know if it works. I doubt it.

Was quite good fun until the Speccy came out.