Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kalinus

Share Your Sprites!

4 hours ago, elend said:

Hmmmm, I like these panoramic views of Doom maps. I want posters now. How exactly do you go about this?

If you look at the clipped dual HUD in the screenshot, you see that it's probably just two screenshots plastered together. But like Kristian said, you should prolly experiment with FOVs for panoramic pictures.

14 hours ago, HorrorMovieGuy said:

test6big.gif.7e263860b56ad2b6e90ec87058f50851.gif

COME ON, BOY!

One of the best 2d shooters of all time, man, hadn't thought about that in years!

More Romero's goody dump... I pulled out some mini versions of the weapons. I made the SSG, the rest were there already. Just in case you want properly scaled weapons in your work.

Mini Weapons.zip

image.png.432f82ffb1ef6e43e67b16a1664c7d8d.png

Edited by NaturalTvventy

Damn, nice animation. highres sprites. Creative monster design. What will this be, did you post about this yet?

On 3/8/2020 at 9:46 PM, elend said:

Damn, nice animation. highres sprites. Creative monster design. What will this be, did you post about this yet?

A short Total conversion (is it technically a TC if I use original Doom textures?) called Backwoods, I have thread about it here on Doomworld 

Edited by ShortedOutFuse

23 minutes ago, ShortedOutFuse said:

is it technically a TC if I use original Doom textures?

Then it's called "partial conversion" ;)

Spoiler

The term isn't used much, but it exists and has a proper meaning.

3 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Then it's called "partial conversion" ;)

Reveal hidden contents

The term isn't used much, but it exists and has a proper meaning.

Thanks, I'd never heard that term before!  I've just seen so many people call their mods "total conversions" when they clearly use a ton of original Doom textures that I wasn't sure if the definition had changed.

Oh that was that. I saw that thread. Very unique looking project, keep it up!

I think the one in your avatar could fit right in Ashes 2063.

Do they have rotations, or are they front-facing only?

6 hours ago, Gez said:

I think the one in your avatar could fit right in Ashes 2063.

Do they have rotations, or are they front-facing only?

For that character the only thing that is front facing is when he swings his baseball bat. Rotations for running, throwing bat, walking with just fists, and fists punching have rotations.

23 minutes ago, Krull said:

Hide contents

I'm trying to put wheels on an Arachnotron

Haha, I love it. There's a tank version of the Arachnotron in Alien Bastards, which probably either has wheels or treads. There are also a few vehicle monsters on Realm667. I'd start there.

The horns in the diagonal look a bit weird. They look straight instead of curved.

I've messed around with making some fire with bits of flame rising and fading away. It looks cool in motion. Next I need to give the actors the option to spew flame and / or smoke depending on the argument sent to the actor which shouldn't be too hard to accomplish. I'm not sure how I feel about the sprites themselves but it reads as fire so I guess they're ok.

1fire.png.a2692822efc5b59ea26889ed387f54fb.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200323_130347.png.951b08c1cf641b972392f7e97269de4d.png

On 3/23/2020 at 2:00 PM, Jaska said:

@Shtbag667 Looks very good to me!

Thanks!

I did some more fire stuff, this time I'm working on getting the attack / disappear animation for a clown boss finished. Here's the rough animation. It's gonna throw a fireball or something and then vanish momentarily and the reappear from some more fire I think. I'm figuring out what it should do as I go.

attack.gif.c8b0d13d90a01f1d8d57875f8dcf1119.gif