Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
braincras

Screenshots

How i can do some screenshots who save, when i press the right button (if we can configure a touch for a screeshot like in quake 3), the screenshot into my doom's folder in a *.jpg or *.bmp or other else extensions?
I run with Doom95.
Thanks!

Run with the parameter "-devparm" and press F12 (damn... or was it F1..?) to take a screenshot.

You can use a batch file (in the directory doom95 is.)

doom95 -devparm (etc.)

And it's F1.

Okidoki, here's what you do:

-start Doom95.
-click on "advanced..."
-click on "screen resolution"
-check "window"
-start a new game

-During the game press on "printscreen"
-end the game
-go to paint or any other such program
-right click with your mouse and paste your screenshot.

*Note the "window"-setting must be selected otherwise it won't work.

Alternately, use ZDoom and follow these instructions :

bind *key* screenshot
screenshot_quiet 1 (IIRC, that is the command)
screenshot_type (I think, anyway, if it already isn't, set it to "png")

Some ports have the screenshot command in the control menus. If not, then go to the console and type:

bind F12 screenshot (or whatever key you want)

and then simply press F12 to take as many as you want. If they're not bitmaps, use PSP to change them to that afterwards.

BBG said:

Alternately, use ZDoom and follow these instructions...

Pretty sure the the printscreen button is bound to taking screenshots by default in Zdoom. So no need to configure. Just fire up Zdoom, hit PrtScr until your heart's content and then go browse all those lovely screenies of death and destruction.

Why'd you guys close the screenshots thread so quickly? I wanted to add something which might be of interest.

Taking an action screenshot, vs. a static one of architecture, can be pretty hit and miss...by the time you manage to press your screenshot key, the scene has changed. I'm thinking mainly of deathmatch here. Something which has worked out well for me, with zdoom, is to write a simple alias to take a screenshot at the same time one of your normal player functions is executed. Make the alias so you can toggle it on and off. You can catch some great shots if your alias takes a screenshot each time you fire your weapon, for example. I used this alias to catch the deathmatch screenshot which is used in the upper left of the forums (that red player being fragged in dcdwango map3). That was taken in a zdaemon game with four players, a bit over a year ago.

In the example below, the / key can be pressed repeatedly to turn the "automatic" screenshots on and off. A message is printed to screen to tell the player the screenshot status. When screenshots are on, a shot is taken each time any weapon is fired and the fire key is released. If you hold the fire key down continuously, a screenshot is not taken until you release the key.

The below stuff is written in my autoexec.cfg file:

//This is the key used to toggle automatic screenshots
bind / picon

//These toggle automatic screenshots using the above key
alias picon "bind mouse1 +firepic;echo screenshots on;bind / picoff"
alias picoff "bind mouse1 +attack;echo screenshots off;bind / picon"

//This alias takes one screenshot per trigger push and release
alias +firepic "+attack"
alias -firepic "-attack;screenshot"

//This makes sure you start the game with screenshots off
bind mouse1 +attack