Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kinker31

Power of OTEX: A Boom-Compatible 8-Pack of Deathmatch Maps

I decided to try something new and make a couple of maps designed for Deathmatch or Deathmatch-based gamemodes.

As the title implies, these are all built for fragging other players with in a Boom-Compatible engine, and the OTEX Texture pack.

I've also learned quite a bit about how Boom's map format works and how DM maps flow when I first started, so the quality may vary within the maps.

These maps have been thoroughly tested with both GlBoom+ and PrBoom+, ZDoom, and ZDaemon, and they all work there, Odamex's a little picky with Texture WADs, though, so YMMV with that one.

Below are some screenshots, and then a link to download the maps for yourself!

Spoiler

dm1.png.4ac9ce2e098a6bb20b88f2cc06763516.pngdm2.png.d8a55d5712244f02ab506d28ad430a28.pngdm3.png.77c8ba748059e36f5413ffdc9cc5c8c5.pngdm4.png.30afe8bec035140510c4c90828e09e78.png

Oh, and get the OTEX Textures Here: https://doom.ukiro.com/about-otex/

UPDATE; 4 new maps have arrived, feel free to give 'em a whirl! I'll get a link over to Doomworld going if I can get myself to make about 8 more maps, but don't hold your breath for that.

Otex DM Maps.zip

Edited by kinker31 : Tyop Fix

Oohhh pic 2 and 4 look amazing. Almost like an Apogee like colour scheme. I reckon that's OTEX.

Goes up the writing queue.

Looks cool judging from the screens Kinker but the lighting is really flat. You don't want deathmatch levels to be too dark, but it will really improve the visuals if you add some contrasting light levels.

3 hours ago, Captain Toenail said:

Looks cool judging from the screens Kinker but the lighting is really flat. You don't want deathmatch levels to be too dark, but it will really improve the visuals if you add some contrasting light levels.

There actually is a few areas with more varied lighting, at least in MAP04 and MAP01 anyways, but there are a few near pitch-black areas as well, just to let’cha know.

I’m just happy to see new DM content being released. New DM wads are rare as hen’s teeth. I haven’t had access to a desktop for like a week now (cry) but once I do I’ll definitely give these a spin and leave some feedback. I dig the screenshots!

Topic bumped: 4 new maps has just been made, give them a whirl and have fun!

Might also upload to Painkiller and start a DM server there, who knows?