Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

How to use Twitter?

Every time I try to use Twitter I fail it. All I'm trying to do is see all the tweets and replies on Elon Musk's page for the last 24 hours or so but I can't find any recent tweets by him when I go to his page. Anyone can help me? Thanks!

1 hour ago, fraggle said:

You don't want to read what Elon Musk said. You want to go home and rethink your life.

Err... huh? I can't go home right now. My life is fine presently.

1 hour ago, Boaby Kenobi said:

Maybe he hasn't said anything recently? 

There were news reports that he pledged to make masks and ventilators and that he backtracked on that pledge right after he said it when Mayor DeBlasio said he would buy any ventilators he made ASAP. I'd like to see what Mr. Musk said at the source.

48 minutes ago, Boaby Kenobi said:

Do yourself a favour. Don't use Twitter.

Double this gentleman. Twitter is not worth it.
Its like calling on the phone number written on the toilet wall in the cheap bar. Unless you have specific sense of humor, this call is not worth its money.

2 hours ago, Hellbent said:

There were news reports that he pledged to make masks and ventilators and that he backtracked on that pledge right after he said it when Mayor DeBlasio said he would buy any ventilators he made ASAP. I'd like to see what Mr. Musk said at the source.

He's just doing his normal thing of stirring up controversy, promising things he can never deliver, and in general saying whatever he can to draw attention to himself. It's a form of narcissistic self promotion and it's become a very tired and repetitive act at this stage. To repeat the sentiment from my previous comment: it's not worth your time reading what Elon Musk has to say. It's all just a bunch of bullshit.

I agree with fraggle, Twitter and Elon Musk are both extremely unreliable sources of information. With that said, exposing your eyeballs to a musktweet isn’t going to harm you, other than perhaps wasting your time. it is perfectly possible to read his tweets, consider what’s been said, and disagree with it (generally on the basis that it’s all an effort to self promote with little regard for anything else). It’s probably good to be aware what certain rich, influential people think and say even if it’s bullshit, because it may have far reaching implications what with all that money and sway.

The full gamut of what Elon has posted will be under “tweets & replies”. If you just look under “tweets”, you only see threads he started, but not the numerous ones he may have simply responded to.

The way Twitter’s UI presents itself to a new user is basically such that someone has to teach you how to use it for any of it to make sense (excellent design, if I may say so).

Edited by Doomkid

I thought I clicked on tweets & replies when I first went to his page; in any case, I found his tweets. Thanks guys.

I like how in this entire thread, no one legitimately helped the OP (except Doomkid), and just used it as an opportunity to shit on a person they don't like instead -- and then one guy goes and ironically calls Twitter toxic. Not that I disagree.

1 hour ago, Juza said:

I like how in this entire thread, no one legitimately helped the OP (except Doomkid), and just used it as an opportunity to shit on a person they don't like instead -- and then one guy goes and ironically calls Twitter toxic. Not that I disagree.

Fair. I just remember back when I tried getting into Twitter, and it was so exhausting.

Twitter can actually be okayish if you're careful enough with what you're talking about/looking for. Just stay away from certain people based on how they act (not what they like/what side they are).

Do you have some extension blocking Twitter feeds or something? If you just go to his profile you should see his latest tweet (from 2 days ago at the moment) amidst his retweets and such. It's a standard chronologically based feed. If you want his replies to other threads, just click "Tweets & Replies" below his follower count.