Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Starman Super

Possible super secret?

Hey everybody, been playing doom eternal nonstop since midnight, and for an hour I've been looking around if anybody else found this secret, I'm hoping I either get an answer from somebody who knows about it, or some help cracking the code if nobody does. So, mission 2 in exultia, right at the spot that plays the cutscene that shows the zombie on the falling platform in hell. Jump down onto the spot in front of you with the plasma ammo, then jump down onto the first falling platform, then jump over the chains to the second falling platform. If you look down and to your right while you're on the platform, you'll see a small hole in the bottom of the rock wall next to you. Take some lava damage and jump down there, squeeze through the hole, then go to your immediate left. There's a health pack and a usable floating wall texture from classic doom, along with a floating skeleton decoration sprite. Using the wall texture makes it spin in place, then makes a bunch of whacky sound effects. It might just be a fun little easter egg, but, after I beat the mission and came back to the fortress, I checked the computer in doomguy's room and now the 2nd file is asking for some kind of 13 letter password. I've tried rip and tear and doom eternal (I think it can use spaces, but I'm not entirely sure). These two might be entirely unrelated, but I haven't seen anybody talk about that second file yet, I know the first one is ultimate doom. Playing on my PS4 on UV, FYI. If this isn't a known thing, please spread this around so we can figure this out and get whatever juicy secret's back there. If I'm just dumb, then please set me straight. Thank you for your time.

EDIT: I figured it out!!! Put in FLYNNTAGGART, and you get doom 2 to go along with ultimate doom!! Again, I have no idea if this is a known thing, or if these two easter eggs are related at all, but I tried looking and couldn't find either of these secrets anywhere else.

Edited by Starman Super

Oh shit, you can play Ultimate Doom and Doom 2 INSIDE Doom Eternal? That's awesome. Now I gotta beat them both.

I'm curious how the classic games play inside DE, would it be based off the current Doom Classic Unity build or something older?

16 hours ago, ZeroTheEro said:

...would it be based off the current Doom Classic Unity build or something older?

Pills on the health and berserk packs, Zombies instead of Wolfenstein soldiers, classic Wolfenstein Wall deko simply ripped out (not eye-candy censored alternative graphics.)

It looks like what you see in the DooM 3 BFG edition and the Iwads, that can be played with the Dos-executables via Dosbox, when you buy Ultimate Doom or Doom 2 from bethesda.net.

Greetings

Funduke

Edit: In the DooM Eternal version, that i bought from Bethesda.net, there's a sub-folder, called 'classicwads' within the /base subfolder, that contains DOOM.WAD and DOOM2.WAD. That's from where i got my insight. I haven't tried the cheat yet. In the steam version i didn't see that subfolder with the Iwads. I don't know, why.

Edited by funduke

On 3/20/2020 at 6:00 PM, Rampy470 said:

Mine just crashed when I tried it. Alas.

14 hours ago, funduke said:

Pills on the health and berserk packs, Zombies instead of Wolfenstein soldiers, classic Wolfenstein Wall deko simply ripped out (not eye-candy censored alternative graphics.)

It looks like what you see in the DooM 3 BFG edition and the Iwads, that can be played with the Dos-executables via Dosbox, when you buy Ultimate Doom or Doom 2 from bethesda.net.

Greetings

Funduke

Edit: In the DooM Eternal version, that i bought from Bethesda.net, there's a sub-folder, called 'classicwads' within the /base subfolder, that contains DOOM.WAD and DOOM2.WAD. That's from where i got my insight. I haven't tried the cheat yet. In the steam version i didn't see that subfolder with the Iwads. I don't know, why.

Steam version is bugged currently. So if you try to play the games Doom eternal just crashed. Supposedly it can be fixed by creating the subfolder and putting the original doom and doom2 wads in there yourself.

So THAT’S what that thing did. I didn’t look at the PC before that mission so I didn’t make the connection that it unlocked the password.

Can’t play it, though. Just crashes my game.

On 3/20/2020 at 10:02 AM, Starman Super said:

Yeah I know, kinda useless lol, was just fun to figure out. Journey not the destination as it were.

Not totally. I just looked in the files within Doom Eternal, the freaking Doom 1 and 2 games have wad files in them. You can freaking mod Doom 1 and 2 by just owning Eternal XD.

I do like it though, because this game is obviously aimed at a bigger audience than the baseline doom fanbase, and although it's incredibly shameful to admit, my first exposure to the old games was actually playing them off doom 3, since we were a console kinda family. I got hooked ever since level one, so I'm hoping this'll do the same for more new players.

On 3/21/2020 at 11:30 AM, funduke said:

8 hours ago, Ramiel said:

They just updated it. Playing Doom 2 no longer crashes my game.

Yes, that /classicwads subfolder with DOOM.WAD and DOOM2.WAD is now in both, not only the bethesda.net, but also the steam version of DooM Eternal available.