Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RetMenTos

My first level

Okay, I lied. There's a secret level thrown in (the absolute first level I made back in 2018). This is the "first" map I made that felt presentable to me. This is also my first post here, so please forgive me if i do something stupid.

Some details:

-Maps replaced are MAP01 and MAP31

-I tested the maps in GZDoom, but apart from some fiddling in MAPINFO, I think you can play it on vanilla, though I believe you will need to idclev to MAP31.

-No need for jump/freelook/crouch, though there's nothing stopping you if you want to use them.

-IWAD is Doom 2

-Regarding difficulty, I don't think it's too hard, even on UV. I only died 5 times while testing, and that's likely because I play like a wet noodle.

-Build time was about 40 hours, give or take. Most of the time was spent feeling around and trying to learn shortcuts. I also used sound tunnels. I'm sorry.

-Music:

>MAP01: Freedoom C1M2

>MAP31: Top Floor (Castlevania AoS) by Gecko Yamori on VGMusic.com

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20200322_232852.png.1c0983dd9321e1a29fb4b5dd94ee8b30.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20200322_232929.png.7dac94ab3b7f6456d6f28baf87ff1c82.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20200322_232947.png.64e7e7fa18838bbc17ea7ba304d0daec.png

Here's the WAD:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vNK6iCpYbz4_1CPJdvhzjq4XFptbn3lf

Feedback would be much appreciated. demo files too, if you can.

Edited by RetMenTos : Added secret trigger

Hey @Clippy, thanks for playing. There was actually a secret in MAP01, I just forgot to add a trigger. I'll fix it and change the link. 

The secret:

Spoiler

You get the secret by shooting at the obscured evil eye in the E1M3 donut area. Back in the hell corridor the center panel will open, which reveals the secret exit switch.

As for MAP31, I'm not too sure why the sky textures freaked out in the beginning. I'll try to look into it.

Thanks again for the feedback, it means a lot.

Edited by RetMenTos

6 hours ago, RetMenTos said:

Hey @Clippy, thanks for playing. There was actually a secret in MAP01, I just forgot to add a trigger. I'll fix it and change the link. 

The secret:

Reveal hidden contents

You get the secret by shooting at the obscured evil eye in the E1M3 donut area. Back in the hell corridor the center panel will open, which reveals the secret exit switch.

As for MAP31, I'm not too sure why the sky textures freaked out in the beginning. I'll try to look into it.

Thanks again for the feedback, it means a lot.

I played on zdoom maybe that's why