Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lorenz0

Skinship - A large map for GZDoom

I've had quite a few people record their playthroughs of this map and about half of them did that fight my way and the other half your way. And I think that's fine. I designed that area to be playable in a few different ways and it's inevitable that some of these ways will be more interesting than the others. I know it's not perfect, but I don't think it's a big deal either.

I mean, you do have to balance the gameplay around new monsters, but saying that ''custom monsters should be used on special moments and in low quantity'' just sounds like your personal preference, and not the objective truth to good level design. The amount of monsters in a fight doesn't matter. How you use them matters. You just didn't like the way I used them.

@Austinado Thank you for the video, I appreciate it. I'm glad you enjoyed the map.

It's really simple. Place a monster like you normally would, then go to 3d mode, select it, and scroll up until it's on the platform.

This map is nuts! I really like what you did with a lot of the architecture and detailing. It's pretty crazy on the difficulty scale, haha. If you want to see me get my ass handed to me by your map @Lorenz0 I have a little play footage linked below. Had to quit after the insane cyberdemon+arachnotron+red baron battle, but I'll try again later, haha.

https://mixer.com/nervewar?vod=270480086

@nervewar Thank you, I'm glad you like it.

That cyberdemon fight can be quite tricky. The general idea is to make the cyb infight with barons and spiders and fight him only after he kills them. But it can be tough to position yourself right.

3 minutes ago, Lorenz0 said:

@nervewar Thank you, I'm glad you like it.

That cyberdemon fight can be quite tricky. The general idea is to make the cyb infight with barons and spiders and fight him only after he kills them. But it can be tough to position yourself right.

Haha yeah I was getting a lot better at making that happen there towards the end, but then when I made it out with barely any health and no ammo I was scrambling to escape the next area with the bazillions of monsters spawning in. Brutal stuff...but awesome!