Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Night Falls

Rise of the Abyssal (Single level TC)

Looks promising! The extensive use of GZdoom-isms is of note, and they're used to good effect. Reminds me of Minecraft in a good way, but clearly isn't limited to 90 degree walls. I wonder what other environments are planned for this.

I finally got wind of this and i am glad to see @Night Falls making a thread for it after discussing this on ZDoom.

Sadly it was posted just right when the search would come up, so yeah.

Mappers of all lands, unite for this project. It oozes potential and it looks absolutely stunning.  I dare say, Caco Nominee worthy material.

This looks amazing I hope to see more of this. If you have the skills help this project out people!

After a couple months of delay, the playable demo is finally released!
It includes a singleplayer level, a deathmatch map, and a level to showcase everything not included in the singleplayer level.

A few things are still unfinished in the demo, but that's almost entirely graphics and sound. Most of the stuff in the showcase map are still using placeholder graphics, but almost everything in the singleplayer map is in it's finished state.

Edited by Night Falls : Accidentally omitted the word 'demo'

Looks amazing, like a combination of Tomb Raider, Quake, and Terminator: Future Shock. The music is also worth mentioning.

New update released!
Rebalanced the crossbow and made it less clunky
Made crossbow ammo easier to see
added arrow trails
improved the demo level based on player feedback
difficulties weren't actually ready yet, so they've been disabled for now
and also fixed a handful of bugs.

Another new update released!

Compressed all sound effects, making the file size fairly smaller

Changed the monster staggering algorithm so that monsters will flash red more often the lower your health is

Clarified the details of how the fatality dagger works

Fixed lupines still using doom demon sounds sometimes

Version 1.3.1:
Maybe potentially fixed a bug I can't test where the "Use WASD to move" doesn't go away on some mobile ports. As an added bonus, on PC it will go away if you push W, A, S, or D instead of just W.

Version 1.4:
The crossbow is now semi-automatic, so it should be less of a pain to use
The waterfall is prettier
Fixed some corrupted sound effects
Rebalanced some things

A new update should be releasing in a day or so that addresses the issue of the boss fight at the end being way too cramped for it to be very fun by moving it into a brand new arena-type area at the end of the level, as well as a bunch of little things that should make for a better experience:

-Ogre fireballs and arrows shot by possessed archers are now slower, slow enough to dodge more easily
-The crossbow fires it's bolts with 100% accuracy and reloads automatically after running out of bolts
-Added ambient sounds in more places
-Removed the fog in some outdoor areas and increased the brightness for better visibility
-A few enemies in the demo are set to ambush in order to make some of the encounters less overwhelming

All that's left is for me to finalize the new boss arena and this update will be released!

Though it's been almost a year since I last updated this, here's an update that changes somethings:
-reworked the crossbow again so that it functions as originally intended (it's somewhere between your typical carbine and pulse rifle functionally)
-made the part in the engine room with the catwalk easier to jump across
-added a little surprise just before the final boss
-replaced the message asking for help with the project with a message saying that this project is basically no longer in development

Update:
-The changes to the crossbow weren't actually in the file sent with the last update, this has been fixed
-Fixed the reincarnations in the boiler room being stuck in the ceiling
-I found out what DEFCVARS is and have included one of those instead of using a hacky .bat file for the standalone version